Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neutrogena for adult acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutrogena for adult acne
    Posted: February 09 2004 at 7:28pm
I am 30 and have oily t-zone acne prone skin.
I have lots of superficial red marks from past breakouts. A dermatologist assured me that they were not real scars, and would go away in time, with protection from the sun.

I am generally a product snob, as I used to sell high-end department store cosmetics. I still use many of those brands for color products.

I read some good things about Neutrogena and their new products. I went to their web site and took their online "skin e-valuation" to see what they recommended for my probs, and I decided to get what they recommended.

I have been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cleanser AM and PM and moisturizer PM and the Pore refining moisturizer AM for less than a week and my big breakouts have stopped. I still have a few areas with little bumps, but they seem to be diminishing. The best part is that the red marks that I have had, some for months, are fading so quickly, I am amazed!
I can't tell yet about fine lines, I only have a few on my forehead so it wasn't a big concern for me except prevention.

I e-mailed them about the diff between the skin clearing moisturizer and the anti-wrinkle anti-blemish moisturizer (looks the same from the description). The response was the anti-wrinkle anti-blemish has added vitamins C and A designed for mature skin.

I hope this stuff continues to work, I wanted to share this with everyone; so far I am really pleased. I can't believe my results in such a short time.
Best of luck to all with their skin concerns.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 11:49am
UPDATE
This turned out to be too harsh, even for my oily acne prone skin.
Nothing seems to work for me for long.
It seems as though many ane sufferers, including myself, have success with each new product, but only for a short time. It is almost like the acne becomes resistant to whatever we use.
I am pretty bummed about it.

I am now trying DDF blemish foaming cleanser, it is supposed to help fade old marks too. We'll see.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic