Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accutane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Helicala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helicala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accutane
    Posted: March 07 2004 at 12:00pm
I''ve been on Accutane for 3 months now and I''m STILL breaking out! Has anyone here been on Accutane and seen results but did not see them at the 3-month mark?
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 1:22pm
although i have not used accutane, i have heard and seen the results on a friend.

she broke out completly for about 7months and then gradually it decreSED AND now she is spot free!

Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:24pm
oh its so worth it! I've been on it for 3 0r 4 months and its helped alot. Just give it time.
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 9:44pm
Hi. I had really bad acne in the beginning of my 20's. I went on accutane and it took a good 5-6 months before I was clear, but when I was clear, I stayed clear. I'm 36 now and I haven't had a breakout since. So, yes, it works..give it time.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 3:31pm
I used accutane after my dermatologist tried everything else. I was on it at 17 and I had huge red pimples not all over, but it really effected my self esteem. Mine got worse before it got better, but after I stopped treatment I had the first clear skin since I was 11. It was worth every penny we couldn't afford. By the next few months after I stopped use I had perfect skin that people commented on until I was about 23, when my dr put me on a second round, and that time it cleared up immediatly.
I was using prescription products starting at 12 for small whiteheads, that grew to pimples until I was 17. After accutane I had years where I used drugstore products (I was able to again after my second time) and had the most amayzing skin. I am now 27 and have clear perfect skin without a single blackhead, and I only get tiny normal breakouts occasional with my monthly cycle.
I think if you can afford it and are willing to make the sexual sacrifices (you absolutly cannot get pregnant while on it or your baby will be severely deformed, so you must use multiple methods of birthcontrol while on it) this is the best product on the market hands down, and my dermatologist tried them all on me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic