Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proactiv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angeldancer0902 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angeldancer0902 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proactiv
    Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:14pm
Anyone else use proactiv? I do and it make smy skin look awesome for like 2 weeks then it doesn't work?
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:45pm
yea I Once used it
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Aesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 10:11am
Yes I used Proactive. Proactive burned my skin.
So I gave the product to my 17 year old. It worked for her. I'm now using Naturally Clear, it cleared up my blemishes and less pimples when my monthly comes along.

http://www.naturallyclear.com/
Patience and perseverance have a
magical effect
Before which difficulties disappear
and obstacles
vanish.
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 8:09am
There was this infomercial on tv about Proactiv, and they were interveiwing Jessica Simpson about this product, and Jessica said it got rid of all her acne around her mouth, she says its great.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 3:24pm
I used proactiv and it did work great for me. I have mild to medium acne and dry skin in places so it was a little harsh, but it did live up to its claims. I know people who had really bad acne and it really did work as well as the commercials said. I really hated the smell though, it smelled really strongly of sulfer to me and I had some issues with the product bleaching my towels.
I also used the generic version sold at the drug store and I thought it worked just as well.
Susan W. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 12:09pm
The stuff works great! I'm nearly 30 and had acne since I was 11. I tried everything from dermatologists to antibiotics to retin A to everything you can buy in the drug store to not eating chocolate to drinking 8 glasses of water a day.....NOTHING worked! The 8 glasses of water a day did help some I admit, but proactiv fixed everything! I'm talking about the 3 bottle regimen with the sandy soap, followed by the toner, followed by the benzoil peroxide. They burn your face the first week you use it, but your skin adjusts after that. And those don't stink. The sulfur mask they sell does stink bad like sulfur, but I don't use that. One trick is you have to use the sandy cleanser for a full 2 minutes, but if you do, it works great. I highly recommend it for anyone with this problem.
It does cost 50 bucks for a 2 month supply, but after you buy it for awhile, you start to have some left over, so you can set it so they don't send it every 2 months any more, so 50 bucks for every 3-4 months for clear skin isn't so bad.

nayaab View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nayaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 1:15am
well i just ordered proactive like y-today... b/c i break out to much well i hope it works ...
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 4:30pm
too strong for me. now that i wash my face with soap and use a moisturiser on my face, no more breakouts!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2004 at 1:18pm
I wish I was so lucky Renee! Even with proactiv, I still break out slightly, but it's WAY less than before I used it. If I drink 8 glasses of water a day while I'm using it, I don't break out at all...but man I hate having to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes!

Another tip for those with acne problems: Spirutein is great...somehow it lessens my breaking out the same as drinking all that water does, and I can tell a difference on the days I don't drink one. Don't know why. It's a soy protein shake made with spirulina and is full of vitamins. Some of the flavors taste kinda nasty, but the cookies and cream one and the banana one are good (it also improves the taste if you mix it with oj instead of milk...the banana one, that is. I wouldn't mix the oreo cookie one with oj. Yuck).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
sekhmet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sekhmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 11:21pm
I heard that some of Proactiv's products are really good, but some are just useless, so it probably depends on what products you're using. I use Paula's Choice, which has drastically turned my skin around -- I've used almost every prescription med except Accutane, but this stuff did surprisingly better than any of those. You can order it online at www.cosmeticscop.com. I use the Skin balancing cleanser, Final Touch Toner for oily/combo skin (the toner is probably mainly important if you wear makeup) 2% beta hydroxy acid solution, and extra strength blemish fighting solution. Also, I use a clean washcloth when I use the cleanser, which a med student friend of mine suggested. If you're only going to try one of the Paula's Choice products, I'd recommend the 2% beta hydroxy acid. I noticed a huge difference after I started using that.

The site also offers reviews of other skin care and beauty products -- turns out I was actually making my skin worse with a lot of the products I was using. Who'd have guessed?
sekhmet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sekhmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 11:25pm
Oops! For some reason the URL I typed in didn't work, maybe because of the period at the end. Here it is again:

www.cosmeticscop.com
Rocko Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 3:03pm
I used Pro active for about a couple of years and it worked pretty good. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped working! Now I used cetaphil.
jussme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jussme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 2:24pm
I've tried many things in the past with no luck, however I had been given a prescription for Accutane which worked incredible for me! However, Accutane is a little tricky. At first, the dermatoligist kept warning me of side effects of depression and suicide, which caught me off guard - but after seeing my skin clear up, I was happier than ever before. Unfortunately after a few months, I came to find out that the excessive amounts of Vitamin A in Accutane caused me to have a hypertoxicity (acute Hepatitis). I stopped it immediately and it took about 5 months for it to heal... so you HAVE TO BE CAREFUL with that. After a few months, I ordered Proactiv and it's been working great for me for over 1 year.
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 5:45pm
I used Proactive for a whole year. It did get rid of my pimples but it made my skin very dry and dull. six months into the use of this product and it stopped working for me.
leale
lilbabycc01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilbabycc01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 8:36pm
do u have 2 continuously keep on it after ur pimples all clear out....?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic