Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arm Pits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arm Pits
    Posted: September 26 2004 at 8:19pm
Hey....I have this problem with my arm pits. I have hair in them (obvisouly) but, when I shave my arm pits they get really red, bumpy, and I cut my self. I use a new razor and everything, but it seems like I jsut cut my self and there is no way of prevetning it. On spring break vacation I wasn't goin anywhere so I let the hair in my arm pits grow out (nasty!) to see if my arm pits would heal. Well, they kind of did, but when I shaved them it got all red and bumpy and full of cuts. So, then I got some lotion/mouse stuff that you leave on your arm pit hair for four minutes then wash it off and it was supposed to some how dissinegrate your hair or somthing...DID NOT WORK!!! I ahd a rash for two days after and it burned. I tried it one more time to make sure I hadn't screwed up or somthing....STILL DID NOT WORK!!! LONG BURNING RASH!!!
So, I am wondering if any one has any advice...is there a really great hair removal product out there? (NO WAX) Does any one have a similar problem with their pits? thanx
lost232 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 3:44pm
I KNOW YOU SAID NO WAX, BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY GIRLS ARE AFRAID TO WAX. IT SERIOUSLY DOES NOT HURT!!!! I WAX MY ARMPITS AND THEY DON'T START GROWING BACK UNTIL A MONTH LATER...SO I HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT FOR A MONTH...AND I DON'T GET BUMPS AND I DON'T CUT MYSELF. YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY TRY IT...IT DOES NOT HURT!!! I SWEAR! AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. AND WHEN YOUR HAIR GROWS BACK IT'S NOT ALL STUBBLY AND HARD...IT'S SOFT. LOL-THIS IS A REALLY NASTY THING TO TALK ABOUT, BUT YEAH- TRY IT!!!!!!
Amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 4:10pm
Hey...thanks lost. I never met ne one that waxes their arm pits before and I'll guess I'll give it a chance...I thought it was likea big no no or somthin...so what brand do you use and stuff?
CURLYJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CURLYJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 9:02am
Maybe it's the deoderant you are using. I had a similar prob and tried everything. I finally switched deoderants and it cleared up. I sympathize with you, it makes you feel miserable. Hopefully, you'll find something that works for you.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2004 at 9:43am
I don't know about you, but waxing hurts.

Not to mention it's awfully hard to lay down a strip properly in the pit area.

There's a bunch of men's depilatory products on the market you might try as well. Since your skin sounds as though it's sensitive, use one that's milder. But essentially you mix a powder with water to make a cream (less concentrated) or a paste (more concentrated), leave it on for four minutes at most, and take it off with a plastic spoon or the back of a plastic knife.

It works great, I tell ya...
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic