Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plantar Warts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plantar Warts
    Posted: October 17 2004 at 4:50pm
Hey. I have had this little plantar wart on the sole of my toe now for a couple years. I finally want it off! I tried the acid that you brush on, but its not doing much. Anyone have any tips on getting rid of them?
sxysparkler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxysparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 9:30pm
Good luck! I have a wart on each one of my hands and I've tried just about all OTC medicines, but they are still there. I asked a doctor about getting them burned off, but he told me that they usually dissapear on their own after a while, so I'm still waiting. I heard that if you deprive them of oxygen then they will fall off too. Hmmm...maybe some bandaids over it for a week, then a good scrubbing, and another week of bandages! I'll give it a try and let you know.
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 6:22pm
I have had so many on my feet. NOT TRUE. bandaids are not effective. Go to your doctor and request they freeze them, they go within a couple of days. It's the only way. If they're on the bottom of your foot like one of my old ones, that was huge, freezing wont work. I had to get a dermatologist to scoop it out with a blade.(if they're in a place you step on, the go inward, not out).
FYI Plantar warts usually come from swimming pools.
If the store stuff doesnt work, get them frozen, i'm surprised your doctor didnt do that right away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic