Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another black head question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CKY_2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CKY_2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another black head question?
    Posted: January 07 2005 at 10:42am
Ok I know this was asked before but no one can seem to answer it correctly. I have a lot of black heads on my nose and so do a lot of people I know and none of them know how to get rid of them not even my GF. We have tried all scrubs and those nose strips and they dont work. I know there has to be a way to rid them. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS you will be helping a lot of people and I would be forever grateful. THANKS

PS
Someone in an earlier post mentioned seeing a esthesiast or something and they will recommend a product well if you are a esthesiast or whatever then why not give some examples so we know what to ask about.
EdensRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdensRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by CKY_2084 CKY_2084 wrote:

Ok I know this was asked before but no one can seem to answer it correctly. I have a lot of black heads on my nose and so do a lot of people I know and none of them know how to get rid of them not even my GF. We have tried all scrubs and those nose strips and they dont work. I know there has to be a way to rid them. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS you will be helping a lot of people and I would be forever grateful. THANKS

PS
Someone in an earlier post mentioned seeing a esthesiast or something and they will recommend a product well if you are a esthesiast or whatever then why not give some examples so we know what to ask about.

Typically, blackheads are caused by a blockage of the pores, so I'd suggest doing a facial steam with distilled water once or twice a week to open up your pores and allow the trapped oil to be released. You can also follow the steam with a clay or sulfur based mask to further "draw" any excess oil out of your pores. Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque or Proactive Mask are great ones to try. HTH!
"Courage is grace under pressure."
- Ernest Hemingway

coolbabe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 4:20am
steaming is a good idea
AngelFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 7:15pm
Hi! Being an aesthetician myself, blackheads (comedones) are a problem I assist my clients with every day. If you are interested in thoroughly getting rid of most of the blackheads on your nose, you should make an appointment at a good salon or spa in your area and express this specific concern to your aesthetician. S/he will perform extractions eliminating the majority of the comedones on your face and nose (if possible). After your service, your aesthetician will most likely recommend the products neccessary to maintain clean pores at home.
If you aren't interested in spending money on a facial, I recommend at least purchasing professional products and speaking with an aesthetician. Having experimented with many drugstore scrubs and pore strips in the past, I find that eliminating comedones is best left up to either a professional or professional products.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 11:51pm
Go to Lamasbeauty.com and purchase a bottle of Pumpkin spice polish. It is litterally a facial in a bottle. I use to use the strips. But after discovering this, I never had to again. Trust me, this one will work. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. So if it doesn't work, you can get your money back. But trust me you won't want to. It is expensive but worth every penny.
akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 12:30am
The only way to get rid of them is, as another poster suggested, to get them extracted. I do it myself sometimes after a shower (not recommended, to be honest, because you can make things worse ).

In any event, getting the oil extracted is just the first step, because they'll come back. You definitely need some sort of skin regime. Strips didn't work for me, either. What seems to work much better (though even this doesn't totally eradicate them) is biore's warming blackhead face wash. I'd recommend using it in the shower, it gets very warm and basically opens your pores and then the salicylic acid gets in and cleans them out. I've struggled with blackheads for years and this has worked best for me. you might want to use st. ives apricot scrub (a very cheap and incredibly effective product) beforehand.
good luck!
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 10:29pm
Although extracting isn't recommended and could lead to scarring, there are tools you can buy that will help you and reduce the risk of scarring.  Sephora makes a few and I have friends who have used them and have had great results.  It's a very steril and way to unclog your pores and eliminate blackheads.  Here's the website:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S30 00

There's 2 on that page, one for $16 and the other for $18.

Hope this helps!
- Linz
Shinin__Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinin__Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 10:22am

This is a old recipe from my grandmother and works wonders on blackheads and I have not had any type of breakouts ever since I have used this at home. This recipe can be made in your kitchen and it is a facial scrub you can use everyday or every other day depending on your skin. I use the apple-cider vinegar/water and almond face mask everyday and use the strawberry mask once a week. This stuff really work. I used to go to a dermatologist to buy really expensive products, but nothing really worked how I wanted it to, so that is when i turned to this. I do not even break out during my period any more since use this stuff on my skin. I hope this info helps some one else. Good Luck!

Ingredients

1/2 cup almond meal(crunch up almonds finely in a blender just like cornmeal) and honey

Mix to form a thick paste. Scrub face with paste, paying close attention to oily areas where blackheads or blemishes occur and being careful to avoid the area of your eyes. Leave on a few minutes. Remove with tepid water and a soft cloth. Leaves skin soft and refreshed.

OR

Strawberries are rich in salicylic acid, a key ingredient in many commercial blemish control products that rids the skin of dead cells and deep-cleans the pores. In addition to helping heal blemishes, strawberries also have a mild bleaching effect on the skin.

Skin is made soft, radiant and blemish-free by conditioning the skin while sleeping with a covering of strawberries and vinegar. Mash 3 large strawberries into 1/4 cup vinegar and let it sit for 2hours. Then strain the vinegar through a cloth. Pat the strawberry-flavored vinegar onto the face and neck. Wash off in the morning. Helps clear up pimples and blackheads.

Vinegar Toner

This is a wonderful final rinse for troubled skin. After cleansing the skin and rinsing well with warm water, then cool water, use this product to restore the skin's natural acid level. It will also help the skin function more effectively and fight off harmful bacteria. (Never use straight vinegar on the skin or hair--it should always be diluted with water.)

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup distilled water

Directions:

Mix vinegar and water together.

Pour into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid or spray attachment. Splash or spritz on the face after cleansing. Do not rinse off; let the skin air dry (the vinegar smell will quickly fade).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic