Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wierd acne skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HeySunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeySunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wierd acne skin
    Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:29pm
hey
my skin is kind of wierd i have pimples a bit on my forehead, a lot on my cheeks, a lot on my upper lip and a lot on my chin. i know the t-zone place is like ur forehead and nose and chin, but i have acne on my cheeks too. also after i wash my face the skin on my cheek pimplesgets all dry, but still dont go away.
also ok i have a wierd story. 1st i just used acne astingent. then i started to get acne and then washed my face with acne wash. then it got worse so i got a harsher acne wash, andit made my face so dry, so i went back to my usualstuff, but now that made my face dry too. then i got new stuff and it made my face dry too. then i was sick for a few days and didnt wash my face, and my acne started to get better, so then i jusst used the astringent again. then i used my acne wash only at night, and it didnt make my face dry, andnow i use it every morning and night and it only makes my face a little bit dry.
ok this was long but does anyone have any solutions? thanks!
By the mall, buy them all!
AngelFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 7:23pm
Honestly, you should see a professional to help you find the right products for your skin. Acne washes and astringents often strip the skin of the neccessary chemicals and oils that keep skin healthy. When you strip the skin of these, your face becomes "too clean". Your face will become extremely dried out and your sebaceous glands will try to overcompensate to correct the damage you've done to your face with the cleansers and astringents. When I say "overcompensate", I mean your skin will begin producing A LOT more oil than normal, thus, causing even worse acne. You need to see an aesthetician for a facial to assist you in finding a product that will help clear up your acne without drying/stripping your skin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic