Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Home AromaCare.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Home AromaCare.
    Posted: February 10 2003 at 3:20pm
Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
8 oz. Unscented Shampoo
50 drops Rosemary
20 drops Ylang Ylang
15 drops Cedarwood
2 drops Bay

ENJOY!

Let's share some of our favorite Aromatherapy Recipes What About It?
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 5:24am
Hi Sophie - I love ll of the recipes I have been reading here. The Natural Hair section has such great ones. I was wondering where you get your oils. The places in my hometown are so expensive and I didn't know if there was a more reasonable place on the net to get them. DO you know any?

Thanks for the recipe.

jacqui
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 1:58pm
Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your posts. I love aromatherapy when I have the time to work with it.

One thing I have been doing lately is using Lavender to help me at night. I was having this problem where I would have a hard time sleeping and then would wake up at 3:00 am and not be able to go back to sleep. I cut my coffee back to just 1 cup per day in the morning and no caffeine after 4:00 pm. Nothing seemed to really work.

Then I remembered that Lavender is supposed to help. I tried burning a Lavender candle and that helped a little. However, about 3 weeks ago I poured 12 drop so pure Lavender oil into a little tea cup and put it near my bed. The entire room filled with a wonderful aroma of Lavender. The first night I did that I feel right asleep and slept through the entire night. It was amazing.

I not leave the Lavender in the teacup by my bed all the time but keep the bedroom door closed to the rest of the house. At night I go to bed and the wondeful aroma is now very obvious throughout the entire bedroom. I have been sleeping like a baby and waking up rested.

The ironic thing is that I have heard about Lavender for years and have tried various minor attempts to use it but going full boar with the oil has been a wonderful experience.

Thanks again for sharing.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 9:15pm
Hey Guy's:

Here are a couple of sites.........
www.aromavera.com

These are wonderful, still a tad expensive.

www.vitaglo.com

This site has a nice selection of essential oils, a little less expensive...Alot of other offerings, plus free shipping on most orders over $25.

Karen, I'm putting lavender on my bed side table TONIGHT...I love it.

Breathe On
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 11:45am
Hi Sophie,

I was telling a friend from a herb store about how wonderful the lavender is. She told me that she has an even better recipe. She puts 3-5 drops of lavender in one hand and 1-3 drops of peppermint in the other hand and then inhales the aroma. She said it puts her to sleep in less than 5 minutes. She reported that she used to have terrible insomnia.

Needless to say, I am going to try the peppermint/lavender test tonight.

I personally thought this combo was odd since peppermint tends to speed me up but she said the combo is a knock-out punch. Have you heard of this?

Have a great day.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 1:30pm
Hi Karen, I did the lavender last night, it was good...I sleep well generally, so its hard to tell. Non the less, I will enjoy the lavender and sleep well to boot.

The info I have on the, lavender pepperment blend is Headache Remedy and /or Heat Stroke...I'll read up.

Here is another blend for Insomnia (which I would think is different than waking at 3 AM & not being able to fall asleep again)

Combine; 2 drops Chamomile
6 drops geranium
3 drops lemon
4 drops sandlewood

5 drops of this mixture in 2 tablespoons of Carrier Oil and massage onto body before bed.

I haven't read about the pepperment for sleep. Please let me know how it works for you.

Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 4:46pm
I don't know much about aromatherapy but so far from what I read it seems to be something I could really use to help with a variety of physical issues. Thanks for all the info that has been posted.
catelea View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catelea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 4:49pm
Actually, I read about peppermint for insomnia in a book once. I think it was making a sachet of hops, mint ,rose petals and some rose fragrance and inhale it.
I have lavender oil in at my bedside and sometimes i rub it on my wrists and arms. It helps a little but when I'm really restless and can't sleep, melatonin does the trick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic