Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strawberry Face Mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strawberry Face Mask
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 5:08pm
Hi Uzma,

Thank you for all your great tips on this board. I was researching the strawberry effect and found this recipe that uses fresh strawberries to combat pimples and dry skin.

1. Cush 4-6 small strawberries until a paste.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of suger. Mix until it forms a thick paste. Add a little more sugar if appropriate.
3. Pat the mixture on clean skin avoiding eyes and surrounding eye area.
4. Lay down and rest for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off and it should help kill germs that cause pimples or skin to breakout.

I tried this and it is wonderful. I applied the mask during my evening bath and I was in the pink.

Babs
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 8:05pm
Hi Babs

Thanks!!

I'll try that recipe out for sure.

And your molasses one for cuticles too .

Cheers.

Uzma
Uzi

babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 4:38am
Thank you Uzma. I am honored.

Babs
DallasGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DallasGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:32pm
Yaaaaaay!

This sounds AMAZING!

I'm going to try it tomorrow as my Valentine's treat to pamper myself!

essentialoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essentialoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 9:09pm
Speaking of strawberries did you know that the Romans prized wild strawberries for their medicinal properties. Ounce for ounce, strawberries have more Vitamin C than citrus fruit. According to the American Cancer Society, foods rich in Vitamin C may lower the risk of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Approve
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 10:18pm
It is very interesting to try since one of my favorite fruits is strawberry.
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2011 at 10:39pm
Thanks for the tip, Ill def try it this winter :)
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 5:33am
I am always on the lookout for some homemade face masks..using fruits is such a natural way to nourish the skin, I am all for this. I have heard some great things being said about sugar as well, can't remember off the top of my head though ;)
Dayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 3:27pm
Yes I have both in my kitchen right now. Going to test this out this afternoon.
felicia.jupet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felicia.jupet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 2:52am
I tried it love the smell the softness of the skin the taste Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic