Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using Vodka in Aromatherapy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
muimui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muimui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Vodka in Aromatherapy?
    Posted: April 04 2004 at 3:36pm
Hi everyone!
I'm currently using aromatherapy to help my thinning hair. I've read some books from the library and some recipes uses vodka.

Does anyone know what's the difference with using vodka and spring water?

Thanks!!
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2004 at 6:06pm
The reason for using vodka:

It breaks down the herb better for tinctures and also does not go bad like water does.

Water is prone to souring, bugs, mold, etc.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
muimui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muimui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2004 at 11:44pm
Thanks foxfan318!

Currently, i have 2 recipes for hair tonics and i'm very confuse which to use..

Recipe 1
20ml Vodka
4 drops of Rosemary
3 drops of Lavender
3 drops of Cedarwood

Recipe 2
10ml Spring Water
10ml Aloe Vera gel
4 drops of Rosemary
3 drops of Lavender
3 drops of Cedarwood

Which do you think i should use??
Feel free to share your opinions!
bollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2004 at 9:19am
You should use Recipe 1 because the water will go bad, and aloe vera gel gets messy and doesn't do much for your hair (believe me, I've tried it). The Vodka is good for giving the hair volume and reducing oiliness.
kittybum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittybum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:17pm

I say the second one. Aloe vera can make your hair stronger. Instead of filtered water though use a carrier oil like olive oil.

Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:59pm
I've heard of using vodka, however I'm a little hesitant because it's not natural. 
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 10:57am
the vodka is used to dispurse the oils better.  I recomend vinigar.  You can use both recipies and instead of vodka or water use vinigar vinigar is great becasue it removes buildup in the hair and does not dry it out.  If your hair is colored you can dilute the mizture when you use it so it doens not strip color.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:21am
I've heard all of these different uses for vodka...but vodka always sounds a bit too harsh for skin...Actually a bit too harsh for my mouth!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Domo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Domo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 5:34pm
bbbbjjbj kmllkkmknnuuh nn
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 7:02pm
intresting hair tonics
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:45pm
Vodka
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:45pm
eww, I never heard of that
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:12pm
I take tinctures of herbs made with vodka and acutually it works
It just sounds bad. u dont use enogh vodka for it to do some sort of damage.
magus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 9:34pm
Ascertains with long hair your style would seems to be classyness, having appearance more fresh with short hairstyle and middle hair style makes you seems to be be young a few years. ascertains you hair style to represent you personality. You can click http://shorthairstyles1.blogspot.com
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2011 at 10:42pm
Vodka is good for hair. I didn't know that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic