Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone out there ever done any modeling?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 11:23pm
Well, have you?

I was "spotted" by a scout a year ago in Central Park. I was totally "Yeah right, whatever dude" about the whole thing, but I showed up at the info session, because what did I have to lose? I was about the oldest gal there, though not by far. Most were late teens, early 20s. I was 23.

I don't think there's anything about my face that's particularly striking, but I am built like a runway model. I have the height, that's for sure. I'm 5' 11".

I didn't go through with it though, cuz they wanted $600 to sign me on, and I'd have to pay for my own photographs. I was disgusted with them and never pursued it. They wouldn't let me think about and come back next week or even tomorrow. Had to sign NOW. So I left.

I'm not really into modeling, I hardly even ever wear makeup, and I usually dress on the frumpy side. But I thought it might be a fun way to make a little pocket money. Can anyone give me advice?

I would have been happy to pay the $600 if they could give me statistics on how likely it would be that I'd get contracts, but no dice. That's what I want to know really. How hard is it to find work? I know you must put in some investment up front, because you must have professional photos taken, at the least.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic