Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Capris - For or Against?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Capris - For or Against?
    Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:35am
Plant me firmly in the "against" camp. I know it's a hangup from my childhood, but in middle school anyone caught wearing too-short pants was branded a "dweeb" and prompty sent to the chemistry lab. Whenever I see capris (or ESPECIALLY cropped pants) I am transported to 7th grade sitting next to Dave Morrison and his rolled-up acid-washed jeans.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 7:56am
I like them for myself! I donot wear shorts, and the capris are just the right length. I remember when I was younger ( I am 45) they used to call them "peddle pushers". Next go around they will be calling them something else! Good to see the expansion of this hairboard! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 9:41am
I like them on some people but not on me. I am very tall and they make me look silly. For some reason they look better on shorter people.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:28am
i love capris. put them with a tee or tank. also a cute sandle or canvas tennis shoe you are good to go! i'm short so they work for me. the only thing is the longer capris[crop pants] look like almost like regular pants on me. still cute though.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:51am
I'm in the shorter crowd and have learned to like capris. In the beginning I didn't really like them, and thought they looked kinda silly. However, I've found that on summer days, I can actually wear capris with heels (I can't stand wearing shorts with heels, as just looks wrong) and is suitable for business casual occasions.

Altho, I do think there is a problem with people picking the wrong kind of capri, clamdigger, etc. I usually go for the tapered kind, so they don't look baggy on me, and it elongates the legs. Perhaps taller people can wear the baggy kind, like where the leg opening isn't tapered. Just a thought.
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 12:45pm
I think capris and cropped pants are great...however, it really bothers me when people wear them with socks!

The no-sock kind look okay with capris if you are wearing canvas shoes or something...but in cases where you are wearing sandals w/socks or when the socks are visible, it just looks downright geeky to me.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 12:46pm
the baggier one you have to get used to. just like the straight leg at first. when you get used to them they are fine. i'm short and i think they look alright.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:18pm
I think they're nice only if it looks good on certain people. Not everyone can wear those. The only capris I like are the jeans with nice embroidery/pattern detail on bottoms of jeans' hems just above my ankles or loose, cargo capri pants.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:34pm
I don't care to wear them at all. I don't mind the look, but they have to be short enough not to be mistaken for simply pants with too short of an inseam!
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:56pm
I love them, they are summery and cute. I like to wear the ones that are just below the knee. And with cute shoes, cute top, you are set for a casual day.

My daughter is only six, so what does she know. I got her a cute pair of capris and the weather turned cold again and she insisted on wearing them with pulled up socks. Yikes, but on her it really was cute.

Otherwise, let's keep the socks off!

wittils
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:20pm
I think capris are OK on other people, but none for me, thanks!

Those, and overalls, just make me look like an overgrown kid.

I have seen some cute baggy cargos that are like capri length. Those look kind of cute. But I have no idea what I'd wear with them, or where I would wear them. :)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 3:32pm
I love them! They are great for warm days when long pants are too warm and shorts aren't appropriate.

I tried them on once and thought they looked so goofy-waiting for a flood! I thought they looked good on other people so I bit the dust and bought a pair on sale and just started wearing them, it took a while to feel comfortable in them but now I love them, have several pairs and wear them a lot.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 10:09pm
Love them!!!

Great alternative to shorts.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic