Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fashion Don'ts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
randi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fashion Don'ts
    Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:23pm
im not a big fan of

-ponchos
-ugg boots
-half sweaters
-tube tops

it might be just me thou =/
::love is the movement::
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:36pm
LEGGINGS.
They are ugly. I have no respect for them. Especially when worn with a baggy shirt.
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:34pm
These post were hilarious. Thanks for the laughs guys. and i agree with anne6000 there. Cover it up for goodness sakes i would say that is my biggest don't.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 10:51pm
One person's don't is another person's do!

What I really don't care to see is someone's underwear sticking out, whether it's bra straps under spaghetti t's or guys' underwear sticking out in back because the pants are so long that they're almost falling off.

I'm not a prude, but worse than that, however, are behind "cracks" in the back and rolls of extra flesh bulging out in crop tops and other tight clothing.  It's summer, and we all deserve to be cool, but if someone has a lot of extra weight, I just think it's more tasteful to keep it contained under clothing that fits. 
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 2:14am
Fashion don'ts:

Women (or men) who wear puffed up "big hair".
Mullets on men or women.
Noserings look fine on women, but not on men.
Skirts on men, unless they are sarong style skirts.
Eyeliner or mascara on men.
Lip piercings on men or women.
Artificially colored hair in unatural colors, such as pink, blue, green hair, etc...
Plaids with stripes.
Paisley with plaids or stripes.
Flowered shirts on men.
Hawaiian shirts on men or women.
Halter tops on fat women.
Long hair that is smelly, greasy or dirty, on men or women. Long hair can be wonderful to wear, but only if it is clean long hair.

Edited by SanFranBrent - July 09 2006 at 2:18am
Brent
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:34pm
people who just look like their trying too hard
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
princess72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:31pm
I just saw these today......................I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!  Tappered jeans with the zipper's at the ankle!  WOW the 80's are back!  Those were in when i was in the 7th grade................im now 34!  I wont be caught dead in ANY kind of tappered jeans...............in or not!  No one looks good in those unless they are supermodel thin.
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:43am

• mini skirts
  • clothes so tight it takes u 30min just get them on
  • shorts (99% of women look horrible in anything that shows from the knee up, u might not see it at home but in the sun light i CAN see ur cellulite)
  • lacy bras under a t shirt
  • Sleeveless tops with big arms
  • dressing too young or too old for ur age
  • wearing anything too small for u
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:25pm

About brown with black& tight clothes. And fur since leather is just fur w/a haircut.

Think of Jim Morrisson, low-slung tight leather caramel pants, with a black button down, nice silver belt& cowboy boots. And his divine curly hair.

Only person permitted to do that.

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by sweetnsassymomm sweetnsassymomm wrote:

~Anything Britney Spears, Gwen Stephani or Christina Agulara wears.

I honestly don't mind the Gothic style so much, however one time I saw a goth in a leather bra and panties, and fishnet stockings with 56 inch stillettos, and she was fat....

Hahaha! That made me laugh so hard! I'm still laughing. Ah, let's see I hate:

Super tight clothes
granny panties
Lots of necklaces worn at the same time
dirty nails
Spike heels with shorts
Olive skin with blonde hair.
Fat people in tube tops
Speedos.
cheap foam slides.
Long toenails
capris with socks showing
pajamas when attending class
short shorts, heck I just don't like shorts                                                   Unzipped shorts with the waistband turned down         &n bsp; 

Oh, I once saw on Glamour this woman literally wearing strings as a bathing suit, it only coverd her nipples!!!!!!!!!!!      

Dark lipliner and light lipstick
-socks and sandals
-orange tanning booth tans
Real fur

Black pumps with a "spring dress"
Dry cracked heals with sandels (YUCK)
Half polished nails.
Miniskirts with 4-inch stilettos
The  long fake nails
Braless if larger than B-cup (Ah, one of my friends is a DD& took it off while I was at her house! The pain!)
Thongs that show

iibangduckiez View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iibangduckiez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:02pm

Guys with sandals...Cannot stand it.

PANTY LINES! I don't care if you're on your period...panty lines are no...

Brazilian jeans...so played out and cheap looking.

Dressing accordingly with the music you hear. Like...those "rocker, bondage pants" from Hot Topic...They are a cliche. And coordinating from head to toe when you're "gangsturr"...That looks tacky.

Wearing pants so baggy that it looks like you crapped.

Anything with your name on it...earrings/belts.

NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:18pm
when my fellow guys wear big clothes that looks like big brother hand me downs.

MarthaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarthaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 3:52pm
I see this all the time at my design college which I think are the
biggest fashion don'ts of them all:

Clothing that does not match AT ALL. I know almost all of it is done
purposefully.

Clothing bought from a thrift store. Mostly the tacky old lady clothing,
huge belts, and huge sweaters, etc.

Clothing with paint splatter on it (well outside of class, where it's obvious
there's no need to wear it) which also applies regularly as there IS
clothing complete with pre-splattered paint.

~Martha

Edited by MarthaX
jjolove187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjolove187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 11:51pm

Ultra low-rise jeans on women who are bulging all the way around. Ick! Not cute.

jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 8:29pm
tank tops,white socks,velcro sneakers,wedge heels,sandals,baseball caps,white t shirt,muu muu,oversized sunglasses,sweat pants,sleeveless hooded shirt,cargo pants,thumb ring,culotte,

Edited by jean32
HotBLKsk8rChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 5:38pm

-if your wear a hat it shouldn't have brown mold around the ring, and the bill shouldn't be gone through a paper shredder.

-if your outfit is dark you should wear dark colors, wear dark denim. same with light denim.  its not a mismatch but you look more coordinated.

-overalls went out with michelle tanner

-gauchos, bermudas, and capris are whack!

-shawls& ponchos look retarded, and they make you look even fatter. skinny ppl look dumb too. once again how does it feel to be regular?

-to end it off, to actually match all colors must occur twice in your outfit. equally

they call me hbsc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 5:30pm

-bohemian is garbage. don't pretend to be what you are not.

- pointed toe heels AREN'T FOR YOU if you have bigger than a sz 7.5 it looks like your skiing.

-body glitter is for women

-stretch shirts on men

-men: a button up, ripped jeans and reef flip flops, are yoU going to the club or to the beach?

-cargos are commercial. how doesn it feel to be regular?

-men if your wearing a suit, your pocket square, cummerbund, vest, and tie or bowtie, cane, hat, shoes,cufflinks, should all match with either one or two colors max.

- flats on ppl with big feet

-mules with lotion

-if your going to tuck your shirt in make sure it doesn't give you a gut.

- mock necks are out

-cleavage is for people with perky boobs, dont even try it on if your nips point toward the ground.

- velours are done! and then with denim, were you born yesterday?

-if you wear a blazer, and a button up, and or a tie, you should have on a pair of descent jeans that don't look look like they came from deb. shes as well. if you want to look dressed up, dress up!

- if you are heavy dont wear those shirts with slits down the middle of the long sleeve.  its not flattering.

-if you wear no name brand anything , wear the no name brand that doesn't say " hey look at me i'm from the chinese store!"

-anythign that says baby girl or boy. or naughty girl, or sexy. that attracts attention to you if you are neither of those things.

-the screen print tees that say " i have the p**** so i make the rules". those once again attract attention to unattractive ppl.

-bill cosby sweaters

-etnies callicut, or all etnies, globes, gallas, mcbeth, dc shoes

- dry lipstick

-red and hotpink lipstick on dark people

-drawn on eyebrows

-metrosexual men need to be well groomed almost to the point of homosexuality, but not quite. if you not a pretty boi, you cant be a metro.

-black shoes don't go with everything.  neither do black purses, or clear belts. same for any  other color. no one knows how to match

-name belts with the rinestones are played out, cheap, from the 80's and the chinese store.same with the digital belts. it shold read: "i'm too poor to buy leather"

-doorknockers and bangles, can say out?

-gold jewlery

-clear heels dont match your prom dress or you stripper outfit.

-paisly and floral prints. i shouldn't see my grandmothers knitting in your outfit, especially if your at the club.

they call me hbsc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 4:55pm

fair WARNING i'm an aspiring fashion designer, so this might be a little too anal

- mismatching colors and fabrics. (example lace with sherpa)

-tapered jeans (round neptunland we call em virginity)

-mom jeans, shorts, skirts (not low rise: no one said that they had to show your crack but, they shouldn't be past the belly button) 

-anything according to vouge and elle as "in"

-ugg boots, seqined loafers, chinese slippers,

-wheat, black or white  colored boots or shoes with all colored clothes of the rainbow. (bright red goes with bright red)

-prints or "heavy" people

-turtlenecks

-when people dont have the body for what they wear. i'm not saying dont be confident in what you wear, but if you have the body of a grandma, don't go wearing a hooter's girl uniform.

-jerseys and throwbacks, plain colored tees

-faux leather/fur jackets (only if they look and feel fake)

-when ppl obey stupid rules like no white after labor day... can we say follower?

-those tripp bell bottoms with all the chains and straps at hot topic... i'm a punk and they dont flatter any body type.

-any clothes that make you look like your from the early 90's, 70's, and 80's (except punk). you shouldn't look like you got lost in bill and ted's bogus adventure

-translucent wear.

-scrunchees outside of downtime (we should havebetter dressy accessories! )

-oversized sun shades

they call me hbsc
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:58am
Muffin top. It occurs when your pants (usually hip-huggers) are too tight and everything bulges out the top. You then look like you have love handles, backfat, and a gut. Gross, but I still see it ALOT! Just because you can squeeze into those pants, doenst mean they fit, or look good. 
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

So is the problem that she was fat, or that she was dressed too indecently?

I think that she means she was wearing unflattering clothes for her body type (Just put in a rude-ish way), if not I'm calling discrimination.

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic