Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fashion Don'ts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:53pm

If you have a tummy, DON'T wear a short top that exposes it!

Babydolls make a girl look pregnant
Sneakers with long socks
Pants or jeans that show your socks (long bootcut looks better)
Pants with pleats
Bright neon colors
White hosiery
Extra low rise that will expose your butt crack when you sit down
Sheer tops that show your bra
Too much face powder that makes you look like you lost a ton of blood
Capris (sorry, I just don't like them)
Ballet shoes (I have seen girls wear them out)
The hippie look (Some people overdo it)
Slacks with a sweatshirt (hmmm... yeah, right)

kally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 4:57pm

Anything invented in the 80's

"God makes no mistakes" he created you the way you are suppose to be.
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:20am
Hey, what's wrong with Gwen Stefani?

Fashion peeves:

Pink and black *get over it*
mandals (birkenstocks with white socks)
preppy surf/snowboarding brand shirts
DC skate shoes
Faux vintage shirts/screen tees
xxpinkgalzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxpinkgalzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 3:51am

Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

How about wearing black and brown together? Some people that doesn't bother them, but it drives me nuts! Brown shoes with black pants or vice versa? Yuck!

i think brown and black can look fine if you do it right. i wore brown pants and a black tank top. my shoes had black and brown in them. jenifer aniston wears brown and black on ''friends''.well she did a couple years back. i think it depends also on the shade of brown.

how about black tees with brown trousers/shorts? I see some people wearing like that and they look okay...

I found myself today...
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:14pm

So is the problem that she was fat, or that she was dressed too indecently?

More awesome than a manatee!
sweetnsassymomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnsassymomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 1:25pm
5 inch not 56 inch
~*Monica*~
sweetnsassymomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnsassymomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 1:23pm

I love this topic! Actually, here in Canada, we get some people with the weirdest sense of fashion. My favorite things are:

~white liner (but I always put a black liquid liner, white eye liner then a beige with a shine shadow)

~Capris...and what is wrong with wearing socks. I wear capris, socks, and jerseys all the time (only when I am going for the "thugged out" look, and only with basketball shoes)

~my brown healed shoes, which I wear with everything and they NEVER look bad

The things I can't stand though:

~Tweed anything. Give it up, we are too young to look 50.

~Thongs hanging out of pants. If I wanted to se that I'd take a walk down "hooker lane"

~Shorts that are frayed (I guess "daisy dukes") with those huge baseball type socks and a tiny running shoe

~the crazy blue 80's style eyeshadow which made a come-back

~Anything Britney Spears, Gwen Stephani or Christina Agulara wears.

~plaid and stripes...save them for PJ's

I honestly don't mind the Gothic style so much, however one time I saw a goth in a leather bra and panties, and fishnet stockings with 56 inch stillettos, and she was fat....

~*Monica*~
Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 10:16pm
But don't wear your granny panties with white pants, or any light pants them may be a little see through and they may be embarrassing for u
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 10:15pm
ok first of all i love this topic but about the white pants, i don't see what's not to do about them if u have taste, it's better than wearing all of the dark colors. And another thing perms, they can't be a don't, especially if you are an african american with nappy hair, perms are a blessing for those.
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 12:10pm
Oh yes dirty nails....my nails grow fast and when sth gets into them, i have to clean it out before i do anything.
Sandals with unpolished toenails - i dont paint my toenails cos they are absolutely beautiful (so are my finger nails ) and nail polish makes them break

DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 12:01am
Paisley. Ick!
Or Plaids with Stripes, never do that!
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:50pm
the things i hate r

streakey tan( does my head in)
braless
dirty nails
black and navy or pink and red
heels with tracksuite bottoms
greasey hair (mingin)

thats all i can think off at da mo
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:48pm
the things i hate r

streakey tan( does my head in)
braless
dirty nails
black and navy or pink and red
heels with tracksuite bottoms
greasey hair (mingin)

thats all i can think off at da mo
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2004 at 11:45pm
I thought of another thing! I abhor those baby doll dresses and those tube top like shrt dresses that look like maternity wearand can be found (amazingly) in the juniors section of department stores...sad really.
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2004 at 11:40pm
whoa! I love this topic!!!!
~heels w/ shorts, capris, clam diggers, or floods
~boots w/ shorts, capris, clam diggers, or floods
~the monochromatic look (although adding a colorful scarf and purse can change things!)
~anything dull or ordinary...grey or brown
~socks w/ sandals (I just had to put that because it reminded me of my dad....)
~anything that doesn't fit right
~oversized tops that flop off one shoulder and make one look too cheap to buy clothes that actually fit correctly.-No offense to anyone!

I can't think of anything else right now...
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 12:46pm
Black shoes with a brown or white outfit

Brown shoes with a black outfit.

Bright red lipstick on a ruddy complected person

Olive skin with blonde hair.

short shorts

Fat people in tube tops

tight pants on men

Speedos. Yuck. I don't care if your Ashton Kutcher, NOOOOOO SPEEEEDOOOOOO!

Thongs showing through the back of ones pants

Perms.

body glitter if your over 14

Burnt Orange. Yes, I know it's a color, I know you can by burnt orange clothing, but burnt orange is a color that NO HUMAN should EVER wear.

Fishnets with flip-flops(yes, I have actually seen this)

white pants.
VBallChicka09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBallChicka09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 8:04pm
Some people are fine with some of the fashion don'ts u have mentioned. I'm fine with these 3:

1. Hose and opened toed shoes

2. Unpolished nails and open toed shoes~So what if they didn't paint their nails? I never usually paint my nails, and I wear open toed shoes all the time!

3.Light lipstick/lipgloss~Just as long as it makes your lips shiny!

~*I have no job, I have no car, I have no money, but, I'm cute!*~
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 9:40pm
I agree with Gally 2nd post. If you live in an area that has never heard of Jimmy Choos and you fork over the $500 for them, and no one notices even if you tell them and they have that lost look in their eyes, then whats the use.
Its like the saying "If a tree falls in the forest and no one saw it, did it really fall?"
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 5:37pm
I agree with most of the above and now here are my personal peeves. I get so tired of seeing everyone around here (South Bend, IN) in NASCAR and Notre Dame clothing! It's everywhere! I don't have a problem if it's game day or race day, but some woman actually wore a ND jersey and jeans to a wedding we attended a couple of weeks ago! It was an outdoor wedding, but jeez, couldn't they borrow something for the day?

Jean
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 7:58pm
OMG, I walked a few blocks yesterday evening behind a gal who was wearing fishnet hose with cheap foam slides. YUCK! She was the very picture of tacky. She was wearing a black goth dress that was at least 2 sizes to small to boot.

She was holding hands with a guy that seemed quite normal and sweet. He must need glasses.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic