Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fashion Don'ts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2004 at 11:40pm
whoa! I love this topic!!!!
~heels w/ shorts, capris, clam diggers, or floods
~boots w/ shorts, capris, clam diggers, or floods
~the monochromatic look (although adding a colorful scarf and purse can change things!)
~anything dull or ordinary...grey or brown
~socks w/ sandals (I just had to put that because it reminded me of my dad....)
~anything that doesn't fit right
~oversized tops that flop off one shoulder and make one look too cheap to buy clothes that actually fit correctly.-No offense to anyone!

I can't think of anything else right now...
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2004 at 11:45pm
I thought of another thing! I abhor those baby doll dresses and those tube top like shrt dresses that look like maternity wearand can be found (amazingly) in the juniors section of department stores...sad really.
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:48pm
the things i hate r

streakey tan( does my head in)
braless
dirty nails
black and navy or pink and red
heels with tracksuite bottoms
greasey hair (mingin)

thats all i can think off at da mo
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:50pm
the things i hate r

streakey tan( does my head in)
braless
dirty nails
black and navy or pink and red
heels with tracksuite bottoms
greasey hair (mingin)

thats all i can think off at da mo
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 12:01am
Paisley. Ick!
Or Plaids with Stripes, never do that!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 12:10pm
Oh yes dirty nails....my nails grow fast and when sth gets into them, i have to clean it out before i do anything.
Sandals with unpolished toenails - i dont paint my toenails cos they are absolutely beautiful (so are my finger nails ) and nail polish makes them break

Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 10:15pm
ok first of all i love this topic but about the white pants, i don't see what's not to do about them if u have taste, it's better than wearing all of the dark colors. And another thing perms, they can't be a don't, especially if you are an african american with nappy hair, perms are a blessing for those.
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 10:16pm
But don't wear your granny panties with white pants, or any light pants them may be a little see through and they may be embarrassing for u
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
sweetnsassymomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnsassymomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 1:23pm

I love this topic! Actually, here in Canada, we get some people with the weirdest sense of fashion. My favorite things are:

~white liner (but I always put a black liquid liner, white eye liner then a beige with a shine shadow)

~Capris...and what is wrong with wearing socks. I wear capris, socks, and jerseys all the time (only when I am going for the "thugged out" look, and only with basketball shoes)

~my brown healed shoes, which I wear with everything and they NEVER look bad

The things I can't stand though:

~Tweed anything. Give it up, we are too young to look 50.

~Thongs hanging out of pants. If I wanted to se that I'd take a walk down "hooker lane"

~Shorts that are frayed (I guess "daisy dukes") with those huge baseball type socks and a tiny running shoe

~the crazy blue 80's style eyeshadow which made a come-back

~Anything Britney Spears, Gwen Stephani or Christina Agulara wears.

~plaid and stripes...save them for PJ's

I honestly don't mind the Gothic style so much, however one time I saw a goth in a leather bra and panties, and fishnet stockings with 56 inch stillettos, and she was fat....

~*Monica*~
sweetnsassymomm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnsassymomm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 1:25pm
5 inch not 56 inch
~*Monica*~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:14pm

So is the problem that she was fat, or that she was dressed too indecently?

More awesome than a manatee!
xxpinkgalzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxpinkgalzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 3:51am

Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

How about wearing black and brown together? Some people that doesn't bother them, but it drives me nuts! Brown shoes with black pants or vice versa? Yuck!

i think brown and black can look fine if you do it right. i wore brown pants and a black tank top. my shoes had black and brown in them. jenifer aniston wears brown and black on ''friends''.well she did a couple years back. i think it depends also on the shade of brown.

how about black tees with brown trousers/shorts? I see some people wearing like that and they look okay...

I found myself today...
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:20am
Hey, what's wrong with Gwen Stefani?

Fashion peeves:

Pink and black *get over it*
mandals (birkenstocks with white socks)
preppy surf/snowboarding brand shirts
DC skate shoes
Faux vintage shirts/screen tees
kally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 4:57pm

Anything invented in the 80's

"God makes no mistakes" he created you the way you are suppose to be.
Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:53pm

If you have a tummy, DON'T wear a short top that exposes it!

Babydolls make a girl look pregnant
Sneakers with long socks
Pants or jeans that show your socks (long bootcut looks better)
Pants with pleats
Bright neon colors
White hosiery
Extra low rise that will expose your butt crack when you sit down
Sheer tops that show your bra
Too much face powder that makes you look like you lost a ton of blood
Capris (sorry, I just don't like them)
Ballet shoes (I have seen girls wear them out)
The hippie look (Some people overdo it)
Slacks with a sweatshirt (hmmm... yeah, right)

_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

So is the problem that she was fat, or that she was dressed too indecently?

I think that she means she was wearing unflattering clothes for her body type (Just put in a rude-ish way), if not I'm calling discrimination.

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:58am
Muffin top. It occurs when your pants (usually hip-huggers) are too tight and everything bulges out the top. You then look like you have love handles, backfat, and a gut. Gross, but I still see it ALOT! Just because you can squeeze into those pants, doenst mean they fit, or look good. 
HotBLKsk8rChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 4:55pm

fair WARNING i'm an aspiring fashion designer, so this might be a little too anal

- mismatching colors and fabrics. (example lace with sherpa)

-tapered jeans (round neptunland we call em virginity)

-mom jeans, shorts, skirts (not low rise: no one said that they had to show your crack but, they shouldn't be past the belly button) 

-anything according to vouge and elle as "in"

-ugg boots, seqined loafers, chinese slippers,

-wheat, black or white  colored boots or shoes with all colored clothes of the rainbow. (bright red goes with bright red)

-prints or "heavy" people

-turtlenecks

-when people dont have the body for what they wear. i'm not saying dont be confident in what you wear, but if you have the body of a grandma, don't go wearing a hooter's girl uniform.

-jerseys and throwbacks, plain colored tees

-faux leather/fur jackets (only if they look and feel fake)

-when ppl obey stupid rules like no white after labor day... can we say follower?

-those tripp bell bottoms with all the chains and straps at hot topic... i'm a punk and they dont flatter any body type.

-any clothes that make you look like your from the early 90's, 70's, and 80's (except punk). you shouldn't look like you got lost in bill and ted's bogus adventure

-translucent wear.

-scrunchees outside of downtime (we should havebetter dressy accessories! )

-oversized sun shades

they call me hbsc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 5:30pm

-bohemian is garbage. don't pretend to be what you are not.

- pointed toe heels AREN'T FOR YOU if you have bigger than a sz 7.5 it looks like your skiing.

-body glitter is for women

-stretch shirts on men

-men: a button up, ripped jeans and reef flip flops, are yoU going to the club or to the beach?

-cargos are commercial. how doesn it feel to be regular?

-men if your wearing a suit, your pocket square, cummerbund, vest, and tie or bowtie, cane, hat, shoes,cufflinks, should all match with either one or two colors max.

- flats on ppl with big feet

-mules with lotion

-if your going to tuck your shirt in make sure it doesn't give you a gut.

- mock necks are out

-cleavage is for people with perky boobs, dont even try it on if your nips point toward the ground.

- velours are done! and then with denim, were you born yesterday?

-if you wear a blazer, and a button up, and or a tie, you should have on a pair of descent jeans that don't look look like they came from deb. shes as well. if you want to look dressed up, dress up!

- if you are heavy dont wear those shirts with slits down the middle of the long sleeve.  its not flattering.

-if you wear no name brand anything , wear the no name brand that doesn't say " hey look at me i'm from the chinese store!"

-anythign that says baby girl or boy. or naughty girl, or sexy. that attracts attention to you if you are neither of those things.

-the screen print tees that say " i have the p**** so i make the rules". those once again attract attention to unattractive ppl.

-bill cosby sweaters

-etnies callicut, or all etnies, globes, gallas, mcbeth, dc shoes

- dry lipstick

-red and hotpink lipstick on dark people

-drawn on eyebrows

-metrosexual men need to be well groomed almost to the point of homosexuality, but not quite. if you not a pretty boi, you cant be a metro.

-black shoes don't go with everything.  neither do black purses, or clear belts. same for any  other color. no one knows how to match

-name belts with the rinestones are played out, cheap, from the 80's and the chinese store.same with the digital belts. it shold read: "i'm too poor to buy leather"

-doorknockers and bangles, can say out?

-gold jewlery

-clear heels dont match your prom dress or you stripper outfit.

-paisly and floral prints. i shouldn't see my grandmothers knitting in your outfit, especially if your at the club.

they call me hbsc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBLKsk8rChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 5:38pm

-if your wear a hat it shouldn't have brown mold around the ring, and the bill shouldn't be gone through a paper shredder.

-if your outfit is dark you should wear dark colors, wear dark denim. same with light denim.  its not a mismatch but you look more coordinated.

-overalls went out with michelle tanner

-gauchos, bermudas, and capris are whack!

-shawls& ponchos look retarded, and they make you look even fatter. skinny ppl look dumb too. once again how does it feel to be regular?

-to end it off, to actually match all colors must occur twice in your outfit. equally

they call me hbsc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic