Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing
    Posted: January 25 2001 at 5:02pm
I really want to grow my hair out which is now to my shoulders or so but I`m not sure if I`ll look good with long hair because it hasn`t been long since I was in elementary school. I also don`t know what type of style I should go for when it gets long ( to about my bra strap.)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 9:54pm
Reply to message: 24.106.1
Here is a suggestion. Find a photo of a long haired woman with your general coloring. Then carefully cut the face out and get your driver`s license photo and put your face into the cutout. This will give you an idea of how you look with long hair.

Another option is to try on long wigs. A long time ago, a very very long time ago I was toying with the idea of going red. I went to a wig emporium and tried on red hair. YUCK YUCK YUCK. It saved my hair`s life. :-) I definitely need to be blonde.

Just some thoughts.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2001 at 2:40pm
Karen has an excellent suggestion. I found a really cool pony tail clip-on wig at the mall last week for $30. I plan to wear it only for special occasions while my hair is growing out. I can put my hair in a pony tail and clip on the wig, which is long and falls several inches past my shoulders. I got a color that matches my natural color pretty well. It gives me a good idea about how I hope my hair will look in a few years. The only shocking thing to me is still the color. I used to be a bleached blond (for over 10 years!) and now I`m having a hard time adjusting to how dark my natural color really is, as I am really fair skinned. There are a lot of fun hair wigs and accessories out there if you look. Bandanas are fun, too and they don`t pull on the hair like clips or scrunchies. The style of long hair that I have always thought was pretty is all one length, healthy, shiny, and straight. But that`s just my opinion. I like naturally curly, too - but I definately don`t like the way perms look.
Crystal
TheClownSlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheClownSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 7:46pm
quote:

jen8541 originally wrote:
I really want to grow my hair out which is now to my shoulders or so but I'm not sure if I'll look good with long hair because it hasn't been long since I was in elementary school. I also don't know what type of style I should go for when it gets long ( to about my bra strap.)

There are a few "virtual makeover" sites, even though I haven`t tried one, I think the idea is that you scan your picture and then you can try on different looks on your computer. If you do try that, let me know hoe you like it.

... Anna Mal ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic