Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think of this suit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think of this suit?
    Posted: July 08 2003 at 9:41am
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 10:16am
personally i think it's kind of cute. remember i'm short i do think the jacket arms should be longer. or the pants one or the other. not both.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 10:39am
This suit is nice if you're into capris. As a short person, I am not crazy about capris because they make my legs look that much shorter.

I do like 3/4 sleeves on most garments, especially suits because the sleeves are normally too long for me. But like Monica, I don't like both short pants and short sleeves together.

Also, this suit would be great for a creative job but not for traditional conservative fields, in my opinion.

I happened to have seen these suits in person at Banana Republic recently and they seemed like nice quality. I actually was looking for career wear that day but dismissed these because they were capri.

Elissa
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 11:24am
You're right, it wouldn't fly in my corporation but might work in a different industry. I would look like a long stick in something like that because I'm tall to begin with...but I'm sure there's someone special out there who can pull it off!

Maybe we could start something on this board....finding pictures of outfits from online catelogs and critiquing (or making fun of) them! You know, because we ALL need something else to help us waste our precious time!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 1:50pm
LOL! At 5'11", I feel llike some of my outfits already look like this suit! And I didn't pay Banana Republic prices for them! Thankfully.

Actually, I work in TV, and I can totally see some of the odd marketing ladies in my office wearing this suit. The rest of us don't wear suits ever.

And actually Lyris, I keep intending to do just that! Share weird finds from online shopping... I just haven't found time to do it lately. I guess I catalog shop more than I online shop. An outfit is going to have to be REALLY noteworthy before I go to the effort of scanning it in and posting it on my photo hosting page. (BTW Lyris, I copied you and got myself a villagephotos.com account. :) )
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 2:49pm
Well, let the games begin! I don't have any other weird finds (for today at least) but I did buy a funny tee shirt from Urban Outfitters recently. It says "New Jersey: Only the strong survive" and it's got a picture of the state. It's a good visual representation of my sense of humor.

I also splurged on my first (nice) suit. It's from J Crew and was the only one I could find in tall sizes with long arms:

http://www.jcrew.com/images/section/rect/34190_GY5969_of_0001.jpg

I think I should wear the Jersey tee underneath, just to shake things up at the ol' office one of these days...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 3:50pm
LOL I'd love to see that t-shirt. Here in Connecticut, New Jersey is the punchline to all our jokes. My favorite, an oldie but a goodie:
Why do we have to start recycling our garbage? New Jersey isn't full yet!

That is an awesome suit!
All of my suits I bought while shopping with my mother. Benefit of course being that mom paid. But the suits (all 3 of them) look like something my mom would wear. Well... one of them isn't too bad.
But I should invest in a hipper suit like that to wear to job interviews. No one in TV wants to hire a square.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 4:15pm
You should work in appliance marketing/PR! They hire plenty of squares! :-) Not to imply that you are one Traci, of course, but then the hipness of your suit would be irrelevant. At least you're not in front of the camera....TV reporting and such makes print journalists like myself squirm. Too much star-making, not enough substance! (No offense intended to any anchors out there....it's just not for me :-)

Anyway...how can we tie this back to fashion? Someone post a funny online find, quick!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 7:46pm
hey jon bon jovi is from new jersey!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 9:06pm
Hey Lyris, The first one reminds me of the Brady Bunch Episode when Bobby tired to wash his suit because he got it dirty trying to rescue a cat. He put too much washing powders in the machine and there where mounds of soap bubbles. He tried it on later and it looked like that suit!!!

The second picture can only be described as this "generic hairstylist get-up"
(we always seem to be wearing black and white)

This is a great thread!!!!!
But lets start a new one since this one is hard to read because it is so looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!!!!!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 12:35am
Originally posted by LiliBeach LiliBeach wrote:

Hey Lyris, The first one reminds me of the Brady Bunch Episode when Bobby tired to wash his suit because he got it dirty trying to rescue a cat. He put too much washing powders in the machine and there where mounds of soap bubbles. He tried it on later and it looked like that suit!!!

LOL True!

Why do posts get long??? It's so weird. Must be because of the long link we started with.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic