Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another fad from a few years ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another fad from a few years ago
    Posted: September 07 2003 at 5:38pm
Remember those tiny, tiny shirts that were doll-sized when in the store and stretched to fit when worn? I saw them advertized as "pucker tops" and they were crinkly. I have a photo of me from a couple years ago holding one up and mocking it in a department store. They were incredibly funny-looking and ALWAYS on sale (what does that tell you...?) Who else remembers those?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Cranberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 9:11pm
I definitely remember those...seems like they were constantly the rejects on the clearance rack. I don't know whether or not I just think they're tacky or am biased with the memory of seeing a very much full-figured girl walking down the street wearing one. I'm not stating that they don't look good on curvier girls; they're just unflattering on anybody.
Just my two cents.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 9:20pm
Heheh I own one of those. It was on clearance at Marshall's so it must've been like $5. I've never worn it because I don't have anything to wear under it. :/

And yeah, it does look a little bit tacky. I got it cause I liked the colors and pattern. What was I thinking?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 7:16am
I think the main reason I never got one is because it would look so silly hanging in my closet alongside "normal" sized clothes. Now if I had a Mini-Me.....

I do have to wonder what brilliant marketing person dreamed that one up...and if they've still got a job.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic