Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tattoos
    Posted: October 11 2003 at 4:11pm
Does anyone else here have many tattoos?
I got some more work done this past month. My husband pays for it because he likes tattoos on me.
I'm native American so many of my tattoos but not all of them have Indian designs. My arms are almost done now from shoulders to wrists. I have my breasts and stomach done and portions of my lower legs Eventually I may have most of my body tattooed except my face and hands.
Does anyone here have any tattooing done?
I like jewelry too, Indian jewelry and other jewelry especially gold. I love to wear bracelets, a necklace, several earrings and I also wear a nosering in my septum.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2003 at 12:47am
I only have 3 tattoos Dakota Diva-(although I do have both my nostrils pierced and wear nosestuds along with my earrings. I don't have my septum pierced though)-, but my mom is like you, she has a large part of her body tattooed.

My sister has been getting more tattoos lately too. What's funny about my sister is she, unlike my mom, is a very conservative person with a conservative husband and conservative child rearing ideas with her two kids, and she is a corporate woman who works in an office, has a typical bob haircut, dresses fairly conservatively, YET, she has all of these tattoos. She has them now on her breasts, upper and lower arms and a few other tattoos. She wears long sleeved shirts or blouses to work so her tattoos aren't visible. She is so different in her lifestyle and views on things than my mom but she may end up with as many tattoos as my mom. Who knows why she likes tattoos? I know one thing though, tattoos are really becoming much more common with women. I see more tattoos on women than on men these days.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2003 at 7:31pm
I have a very small scallop shell on my ankle.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 9:19pm
You have a small tattoo on your ankle lille? I knew you lived dangerously girl!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 3:05pm
My wife has some tattoos also.
I agree that tattooing seems to be more common on women than men in recent years.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:42pm
I'm too young, and I wouldn't go anywhere that tattoos minors because it's dangerous if they're willing to break the law.

BUT, I MIGHT, when I'm older get a little smiley face and my stylised eye design done somewhere inconspicuous. Maybe. Or a Welsh phrase.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 10:20pm
Enfys. I agree it's good for you to wait before getting tattoos.
I got my first tattoo when I was 18. I have gotten two more since.
Even 18 was maybe a little young.

I got my ears pierced when I was 13. I had a nostril pierced when I was 16 and the other nostril pierced and my ears pierced again when I was 18.
I have each of my ears pierced three times now and both nostrils pierced but I usually only wear one pair of earrings and small nose studs in each nostril.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 5:36pm
Oh gosh, you don't want my opinion on any of that.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 8:32pm
Oh c'mon Demodoll! I know you wrote that you are a middle aged mom, well my mom is a middle aged mom and she has plenty of tattoos!
So c'mon Demodoll, get a nice nosestud and some beautiful tattoos! Be cool young woman!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2003 at 8:50am
My daughter has some but I don't really like them. And she was underage when she got them and now is not allowed to donate blood. I also am experiencing the skin changes that go along with middle age and I cannot imagine what a tatoo that I got as a youngster would look like now. I am shocked enough at the changes in my face, arms, legs, boobs, and stomach.

Plus, as I think I have stated here before, when I was growing up tatoos were only associated with very undesirable people and I am having a hard time with the paradigm shift from white trash to fashion statement. My problem, I know but there it is.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2003 at 10:32am
I have one tattoo, and plan on having a few more. I might end up getting my first one covered up with something else, I haven't made up my mind yet.

I'm also a body piercing fan..
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 11:56am
I have two so far, it's addicting isn't it? I want to get more but I am not sure what I would want.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 9:19pm
Me and my best friend both have matching tattoos. On our forearm we got the chinese symbol for friendship. I really want to get another but I've been holding off, I don't want to look like a biker so I'm thinking of hiding this one.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 9:33pm
Look like a biker Erika? Haven't you seen all of the women with tattoos in the world today? All kinds of women have tattoos!
You live in Minnesota. What part of the state? If you live near the Twin Cities there are tattooed women all over the place there! Have you ever been to the Uptown district in south Minneapolis? A woman who isn't tattooed is the exception there!
I live in western Wisconsin in the east suburbs of the Twin Cities so I know about Minnesota, or at least the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

C'mon lady. It is no longer just biker chicks who have tattoos! All kinds of us women do!
I have one of my tattoos on my upper arm. I often wear short sleeved dresses or shirts. I don't even worry about it! No one has ever said anything negative to me about it. They either compliment me on the design or usually don't say anything about it.
I like my tattoos!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 9:51pm
Tattoos are addicting CrazyGirl!
So are piercings. So is getting your hair cut once you go to a short hairstyle.

I'm not getting anymore tattoos though. I only have three and I probably won't get many more, mainly because my mom and my sister have so many tattoos. I don't want to just imitate them.
My ex-husband who I still see and am intimate with would like me to get more tattoos, he thinks they are sexy on a woman, but I told him no, I'm not getting any more tattoos.

I'm not getting any more piercings either. I already have my ears pierced three times each and both nostrils pierced. That's enough jewelry. Maybe I would consider getting my nipples pierced but not anytime soon.

As far as keeping my hair in a short pixie and getting it trimmed every few weeks, I am going to do that for a while. I don't know when or if I will grow my hair out again.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 1:07am
I think tattoos is a personal choice rather than a fashion statement 'cause I know few friends who refuse to get a tattoo at all although they're not conservative people. They just like totally bare skin lol without any adornments. Me, on the other hand, have a inconspicious tattoo that has a personal meaning and sums up who I am rather than choosing some popular design/art that you would regret later on (I've heard stories like that). I think tattoos are cool because they're art but if a person is covered from neck to down with tattoos...that's tad overboard.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 1:10am
I've thought of tattoos before, but I wouldn't get one on a forearm. . . probably not on an arm at all. . . because I'd like it to be somewhere easily covered by clothing. There are still some jobs and occasions where visible tattoos aren't allowed. I wouldn't wanna think I'd ruined my chance to get whatever job I want just for a few lines of ink. Or even worse, if they do let you get the job, they sometimes make you wear a big, ugly Band-aid over it or wear long sleeves all summer. . . I'd really rather save myself all that trouble, and just if I get one, put it somewhere inconspicuous and easily covered.
More awesome than a manatee!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 10:54pm
Well that's what my sister does, she wears longsleeves in the summer that cover all of the tattoos on her arms. Of course her office is air conditioned so she's comfortable.

Tattooing on women is becoming so common though that it is getting mre and more accepted in all kinds of occupations, just like nosestuds on women are.
Veiled Lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veiled Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 3:30pm
I have many tattoos.
I have tattoos on both breasts, my arms, my back, and both ankles.Some of my tattoos are influenced by the Orient. My back tattoo is an East-Asian theme of a Chinese woman in a garden.(I'm Chinese-American)
Because I wear long dresses and cover most of my body, including at times wearing veils, you can't see my tattoos. My man can see my tattoos and that is enough for me.
I have a number of piercings as well, including nostril, septum, ears, and breasts.
Modesty and Submissiveness is a
virtue
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2004 at 9:47am
Wow Veiled Lady, you really do have alot of tattoos and piercings but I see that around here and there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic