Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

business attire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sxysparkler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxysparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: business attire
    Posted: October 28 2004 at 12:07pm
I am starting my professional career next week and have plans for the weekend to go wardrobe shopping. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what I want to buy. I need to be professional, but I want to be a young woman (22) and just a tad "sexy" at the same time. So, what do you professional gals wear to work? What ideals should I look into?
Damier500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damier500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 6:36pm
well im not quite a professional 'gal'..actually a guy but i can give you some pointers: basic is best... stock up on some nice slacks, a few skirts (nothing above or below the knee) and button down shirts.. those are good for staples to just throw on and not have to waste time picking out your clothes every morning.. here are a few examples...

these pants are great.. the wide leg makes the foot look smaller and they make you look 'longer' in a way Pants

this shirt is good because it stretches and is form fitting... i think thats kinda what your looking for..as well as basic.. [url"http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail_STL.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=3761321&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1425019&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=41385&bmUID=1099178874067&DCLKSLOT=14]Shirt[/URL]

you can also do some sleeveless numbers as well..

this sleeveless top is not too revealing and at the same time not 'grandma' Sleeveless

and here are some skirt ideas..

i particularly like this skirt because of the ruffle at the bottom... once again.. basic and at the right length...
Skirt

and finally when you have to be really professional looking.. nothing says it more than a suit.. so you might wanna add that to your list.. and of course some shoes.. prefferably heels.. a pump is a universal type shoe that goes with almost anything...Try these pumps

now i'm not saying that you should break the bank and go to saks, thats only my preference in stores.... dillards would be a really good choice because they have alot of what youre looking for in there...any more questions feel free to ask!

and of course ACCESSORIZE!!!

sxysparkler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxysparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 7:05pm
Thanks so much! I went shopping today (almost broke the bank, lol) but got all of my staples. I have several button downs/collars, several form fitting (but not too tight) other shirts, a couple pairs of slacks, and 3 suits. Oh yeah, some pumps, boots, and jewelry. I think I got it all covered!
Damier500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damier500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 7:51pm
sounds good.. and then you can get a feel for the environment and adjust accordingly.. but what you got sounds great...good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic