Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

styling clothes to suit hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: styling clothes to suit hair...
    Posted: February 16 2005 at 3:17am
as i have just had a drastic hairchange, and one of my friends has too, we have been discussing various outfits and how they look with our hair. i went from long to a short bob whereas she had long extensions, and went from a shaggy grown out pixie to sleek shoulder length...
now here is a theory we have come up with....
when my hair was long i wore a lot of knee or below the knee pencil skirts, and also knee length block coloured dresses....now for some reason it doesnt look as good, whereas i f i wear a miniskirt it looks great all round...the style and length seems to better suit my hair.
as for my friend, she wore very short skirts with boots, but now her hair is long it doesnt look right, and verges on ****ty with some clothes which looked perfectly nice before...when she tried on a knee length pencil skirt it looks amazing, we reckon maybe because the lines are similar it is more pleasing on the eye, it makes a more even look all round.
also because my hair is now in a fairly sixties style, i have dug out a lot of old clothes which really compliment it, little a line dresses, polo jumper dresses and shirt dresses, all of which i didnt like wearing before my cut.also a lot of my more kooky clothes, like red and burgundy heels with hearts on the front, look way too cutesy teamed with my new hair, so i am not wearing them anymore.
what does anyone else think?have you ever changed your style after a big 'do change?
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
BlondeJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 1:01am
So what you are saying Ames is that a woman with short hair, (a short bob cut or a short pixie or whatever), looks better in short skirts or dresses. And women with long hair look better in skirts or dresses that are at least knee length.
That could be, I'm not sure. I just like pretty women, whatever their hair length, or skirt or dress length.
My wife is petite and wears very short hair and actually likes wearing long dresses, especially very long dresses to her ankles. She wears short skirts and dresses too (like the little black dresses she looks so good in). But she never wears really short mini-skirts, that just isn't her style. My wife always wear eye makup and earrings too, that is part of her look and goes with her ultra-short hair.
Now with my hair much longer down my back, I am much more likely to wear it back in a ponytail (including tied back with a scrunchie , or scarf), a half up/half down ponytail, to put it back in a bun, and on occasion put it up in an updo. I wear hair accessories like barettees, hair ribbons, scarves, etc.., now that my hair is very long.
The longer my hair gets, the more different styles I wear it in.
By the way Ames, I saw the photos of you on the Short Hair board before the photos no longer worked, and you look terrific. The short bob cut you got must look incredibly sexy on you! You are a pretty lady!
Ames, I know you are in the U.K.. Do you (or your boyfriend or husband) follow the English Premier league soccer (football)? I play soccer and watch it on my satellite dish t.v., we get the best games from Britian and the rest of West Europe (where the best soccer leagues in the world are).
The team I follow is Chelsea of London. They are in first place this year in the English Premier League and are doing well in Europe too.
If you follow the sport, who is the team you like?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 2:17am
I dunno if just length changes how clothes look with your hair, but drastic changes in the "mood" of your hair certainly could. Someone with "helmet hair" who suddenly changes to something spikier and funkier might look out of place in conservative, matronly suits after the change, for example. So it does make a certain amount of sense.
More awesome than a manatee!
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 6:30am
I agree with Kuroneko. I died my hair awhile ago and afterwards I felt different (funkier, if you will,). My style kept changing until I found one I felt suit my new look.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense to me.
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:28pm
i have 360 waves so i try to wear clothes that bring my hair out like a earring or a necklace.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic