Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super short celeb cuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super short celeb cuts
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

The super short haircuts that celebs like Sharon Stone, Annette Bening, Tom Selleck's wife (Jillie Mack, I think) have -- these women used to have beautiful long hair. I understand that people occasionally like change, even to short hair, and sometimes it looks better than the long hair! But to me, the extreme short hair (and especially bangs) really detracts from their looks. Sharon Stone was a knockout in "Basic Instinct" (is that the film with Michael Douglas and Jeannie Tripplehorn?) but I hate to say this, but she looks pretty ordinary to me now.

Any other thoughts or opinions?

JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

For the most part, I do agree! Especially about Sharon Stone. Though, I've always thought Wynona Ryder's short hair cuts look great on her.

blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

Yeah,I understand what you are saying. I've never been one for the really short hair cut's in the first place. BLUE

Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

I think Sharon Stone's short hair cut was a great move on her part. It gives an edgier (real word?) look than most actresses. I think it works!!! She was just another blonde before she got rid of the long hair.

wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Derevaun View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derevaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

I totally disagree that short cuts aren't cute. Anyone pretty enough to cut their hair that short and look great should go for it. All of those close crops are great!!!

Related Link:

http://www.infinet.com/~cosmo1" target=_blank>A Girlfriend's Guide

Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

> But to
> me, the extreme short hair (and especially bangs)
> really detracts from their looks.

I'll agree w/ you on this. I think short hair can look great on some women. In fact, on some women -- Meg Ryan and Winona Ryder come to mind -- I prefer short hair. Other women -- Julia Roberts and Liv Tyler popped into my head -- definitely look better w/ long hair. Even on women that look good w/ short hair, I have never liked hair that is so short that it doesn't have any swing or bounce to it. To me, part of what makes a great cut a great cut is the way it moves, and when you have very little hair, the movement factor is gone.

Dawn

Celeste View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celeste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

While I have to agree that Sharon Stone looks much better with long hair (thought she looked gorgeous in Total Recall), I have noticed that ever since she cut it she has appeared in no movies (that I can think of) where she is the sexy "vixen" type character. So I'm thinking maybe she purposely cut it to look more ordinary so she would be able to play different types of characters besides the designated sex symbol. Anyone agree?

Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

Sharon is coming out with a new movie called "The Muse". She plays a modern day version of a muse to a screenwriter. She supposedly is said to be very funny and sexy in it. She sports her short do which will be bleached light blonde for the movie. I think she''l prove that she can be a vixen even with that short crop of hers!

wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

> Sharon is coming out with a new movie called "The
> Muse". She plays a modern day version of a muse
> to a screenwriter. She supposedly is said to be very
> funny and sexy in it. She sports her short do which
> will be bleached light blonde for the movie. I think
> she''l prove that she can be a vixen even with that
> short crop of hers!

Short cuts--whether worn with bangs or without--normally give the wearer the perfect opportunity to show off her beautiful features. It also shows that she doesn't define her outer beauty or ability to be sexy by the length of her hair. Anyone can look great with long hair. A true beauty can go short, bald even, and look beautiful--in less than 5 minutes.

Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

> Anyone
> can look great with long hair.

Well, I'd have to agree that long hair can easily mask an average to below average-looking face. Look at people with super long hair. How often do we say, "What a beautiful girl!" Usually, it's "What beautiful hair." Then, when the hair is gone, so is any beauty.

> A true beauty can go
> short, bald even, and look beautiful--in less than 5
> minutes.

Maybe, but that super short hair really does cut off a lot of femininity. I do agree that some short hair can be sexy, but extremely short hair is just too severe-looking.

Violet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

It is easier to go short than it is to go long. Otherwise, the world would be full of us long-hairs. It is a shame that so many beautiful women chop off their beautiful hair just to change their look. Well, the looks change alright--to not as good looking. Either Sharon Stone is getting heavier with age or that really short hair makes her face look heavier. She looked great with shoulder length hair. If she wanted a short look, she could have put it in a low bun.

I agree in part with one of the responses that short hair can show off the face of a truly pretty woman. The problem is that some truly ugly people are following in the foot steps of these people.

Someone else said that "anyone" can look pretty with long hair. Well then, why don't we all try to look our best and grow some hair!!! Let's leave those really short cuts to the really pretty people.

Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Violet,

Why don't you consider taking this post to "Hair Politics" because I would like to discuss it with you there. I think it would be an interesting topic. Would you consider? Hope so.

Holly

Lily de Wilde View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily de Wilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Hi!
Well, I'm a tad late to join in on this subject (only just found the board existed) but what the hey.
I just thought I'd say that the Only celebrity I've ever seen who could pull off really short hair is Annie Lennox.
She actually looks rather good, and of course she wears wigs a lot in the Eurythmics music videos so it doesn't really matter.
It just defeats me why any other celebrity would opt for a really short cut, but they do, I notice Liv Tyler just did.
Ah well, it's their hair, I shouldn't worry about it so much. :)

"Lily" (the totally hair obsessed...)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic