Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Today Show Hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today Show Hair

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today Show Hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

I really thought Jodi Applegate looked great when she wore her hair straight down a few weeks ago, now she is back to tucked behind the ears look :(. Katie seems to be in a hair struggle, she should just go back to real short, she seems most comfortable with that look, and it suits her well.

Back to Top
Holly View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: May 30 2003
Location: The West
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

> I really thought Jodi Applegate looked great when she
> wore her hair straight down a few weeks ago, now she
> is back to tucked behind the ears look :(. Katie seems
> to be in a hair struggle, she should just go back to
> real short, she seems most comfortable with that look,
> and it suits her well.

Hi TV GUY,

When I was in the states about a month ago, I noticed that Jodi's hair was darker and I like that on her. Also, I think it was in the same style you are referring to and I liked that, too. Much better than tucked back.

As far as Katy Couric, I liked her with a bit of a shag/tail
she had back when I was last in the States 7 months ago( half short with a long-ish tail) instead of a totally short cut.

Holly

Back to Top
Kim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: March 20 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 42
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

I totally agree. katie's hair has got to go. It looks rediculous, like an ill fitting wig!

> When I was in the states about a month ago, I noticed
> that Jodi's hair was darker and I like that on her.
> Also, I think it was in the same style you are
> referring to and I liked that, too. Much better than
> tucked back.

> As far as Katy Couric, I liked her with a bit of a
> shag/tail
> she had back when I was last in the States 7 months
> ago( half short with a long-ish tail) instead of a
> totally short cut.

> Holly

Back to Top
JerkyFlea View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: December 04 2000
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 829
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

I agree with everyone else here on Katie's hair. It looked great with the shag/flip thing she had going. Now, it's back to a bad version of one of her old short styles. Not sure what she's trying to do.

Oh, and I also like that Jodi Applegate has gone back to her natural color and is letting hers grow out. Wonder how long that'll last and if she is doing it to soften her look a bit for her new hosting duties on "Later TODAY" (coming to a TV near you this fall).

Later,
JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Back to Top
Kim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: March 20 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 42
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Speaking of TODAY show dos, I kind of think pretty boy Matt Lauder has been around and become loved enough so that he could do something more with his appearance. I kind of think he'd look great with a trim, but full beard. So here are the questions: 1.) How does everone else feel he'd look? and 2.) And this is for you Jerky, any chance a major network like NBC would let a guy with facial hair be a regular host on morning TV? and finally, 3.) Years back, didn't Brian Gumble once have a growth of real short length for a while?
Kim

> I agree with everyone else here on Katie's hair. It
> looked great with the shag/flip thing she had going.
> Now, it's back to a bad version of one of her old
> short styles. Not sure what she's trying to do.

> Oh, and I also like that Jodi Applegate has gone back
> to her natural color and is letting hers grow out.
> Wonder how long that'll last and if she is doing it to
> soften her look a bit for her new hosting duties on
> "Later TODAY" (coming to a TV near you this
> fall).

> Later,
> JF

Back to Top
Bob View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: December 11 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 234
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> I agree with everyone else here on Katie's hair. It
> looked great with the shag/flip thing she had going.
> Now, it's back to a bad version of one of her old
> short styles. Not sure what she's trying to do.

> Oh, and I also like that Jodi Applegate has gone back
> to her natural color and is letting hers grow out.
> Wonder how long that'll last and if she is doing it to
> soften her look a bit for her new hosting duties on
> "Later TODAY" (coming to a TV near you this
> fall).

> Later,
> JF

What color did Jodi used to be?

Back to Top
Kestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> Speaking of TODAY show dos, I kind of think pretty boy
> Matt Lauder has been around and become loved enough so
> that he could do something more with his appearance. I
> kind of think he'd look great with a trim, but full
> beard. So here are the questions: 1.) How does everone
> else feel he'd look?

:::peers around curtains...looks like a friendly enough bunch, so the lurker speaks:::

I've thought Matt would look fantastic with a beard like the one described above. Personally, I find neatly groomed facial hair on men extremely attractive; makes some men, and I think Mr Lauer would fall into this category, look a wee bit smarter, too. Am I alone in this?

Kestra

Back to Top
Chris View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: February 14 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 5
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> :::peers around curtains...looks like a friendly
> enough bunch, so the lurker speaks:::

> I've thought Matt would look fantastic with a beard
> like the one described above. Personally, I find
> neatly groomed facial hair on men extremely
> attractive; makes some men, and I think Mr Lauer would
> fall into this category, look a wee bit smarter, too.
> Am I alone in this?

> Kestra

Kestra you are Absolutely right. It would really strengthen his good looks and rid him of that pretty boy look. I think it could be, as you all have said, a well groomed _would NBC allow anything else? - full, trim beard. Or how's this, a very common style today indeed, a pleasing goatee?
I agree that facial hair on men can be extremely alluring and I am kind of surprised we don't see more bearded anchors on news and talk shows.
And here's one more thought. Why is it okay for us to watch Katie try out her new - ill advised - hairstyles on national TV, while it would not be acceptable for us to watch Matt over the weeks while beard is coming in?

Back to Top
Kestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> Kestra you are Absolutely right. It would really
> strengthen his good looks and rid him of that pretty
> boy look. I think it could be, as you all have said, a
> well groomed _would NBC allow anything else? - full,
> trim beard. Or how's this, a very common style today
> indeed, a pleasing goatee? >>

I think goatees can be very stylish, and lend a modern, yet classic edge. Too many of the male news anchors look alike, cleanshaven. A distinctive look might cause a channel-surfer to pause, and if they like what they see, they may watch the show more often.

I'm not saying that a personality's look is going to make or break a show, but it would be interesting to see.

> I agree that facial hair on men can be extremely
> alluring and I am kind of surprised we don't see more
> bearded anchors on news and talk shows. >>

Does anybody remember how Montel Williams shaved his mustache last season? On the first show of the new season, he had it back, and mentioned the volumes of negative mail he'd gotten about the cleanshaven look. JerkyFlea, did this make the rounds at all?

> And here's one more thought. Why is it okay for us to
> watch Katie try out her new - ill advised - hairstyles
> on national TV, while it would not be acceptable for
> us to watch Matt over the weeks while beard is coming
> in? >>

Nothing wrong with a beard in progress from my vantage point. Granted, the first few days might look a little scruffy, but doesn't the man get vacation time?

Kestra

Back to Top
Ed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Unless he's superman, after a two week vacation the beard's still going to be coming in. So the vacation thing doesn't quite work, but it is a good start!
Your other comment about Montel's mail concerning his moustache is most telling. It supports my theory, mainly that we want our anchors and hosts to look as diverse as we all are, not like some clean-cut Ken and ditzy Barbie set. Any opinions out there?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> I think goatees can be very stylish, and lend a
> modern, yet classic edge. Too many of the male news
> anchors look alike, cleanshaven. A distinctive look
> might cause a channel-surfer to pause, and if they
> like what they see, they may watch the show more
> often.

> I'm not saying that a personality's look is going to
> make or break a show, but it would be interesting to
> see.

> Does anybody remember how Montel Williams shaved his
> mustache last season? On the first show of the new
> season, he had it back, and mentioned the volumes of
> negative mail he'd gotten about the cleanshaven look.
> JerkyFlea, did this make the rounds at all?

> Nothing wrong with a beard in progress from my vantage
> point. Granted, the first few days might look a little
> scruffy, but doesn't the man get vacation time?

> Kestra

Back to Top
TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> Unless he's superman, after a two week vacation the
> beard's still going to be coming in. So the vacation
> thing doesn't quite work, but it is a good start!
> Your other comment about Montel's mail concerning his
> moustache is most telling. It supports my theory,
> mainly that we want our anchors and hosts to look as
> diverse as we all are, not like some clean-cut Ken and
> ditzy Barbie set. Any opinions out there?
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to Top
TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> Unless he's superman, after a two week vacation the
> beard's still going to be coming in. So the vacation
> thing doesn't quite work, but it is a good start!
> Your other comment about Montel's mail concerning his
> moustache is most telling. It supports my theory,
> mainly that we want our anchors and hosts to look as
> diverse as we all are, not like some clean-cut Ken and
> ditzy Barbie set. Any opinions out there?
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your right on with Ken and Barbie, the last two national fiqures I can recall having "personality type styles was, Susan Rook on CNN (Super Short) and Joie Chen on CNN with her lip length bob, Joie now has a ho hum layered bla look, and Susan Rook is off the air, go fiqure

Back to Top
jan View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: December 23 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

How about Linda Ellerbee. There's one woman who is not afraid to say what she thinks and has a more unconventional anchor hairstyle. Of course ther ewas a price for her informed and amusing editorializing, she was caned! Now she does kids news on Nickolodeon. But who knows, that is probably more rewarding and influential, anyhow.

Back to Top
Mike View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: April 09 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 7
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Didn't she lose her hair to cancer.She said her hated wearing a wig that's why when she got hair back it was short.I haven't seen her a long time maybe she has longer hair.

Back to Top
Kestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

> Didn't she lose her hair to cancer.She said her hated
> wearing a wig that's why when she got hair back it was
> short.I haven't seen her a long time maybe she has
> longer hair.

Yes, Linda Ellerbee did lose her hair during chemo treatments from cancer. I belive she's cancer-free or at the least in remission now. I haven't seen her on anything recently, but hasn't she been doing something with news for kids?

Kestra

Back to Top
jan View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: December 23 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Did anyone see her reporting today from the Kennedy compound? IT was the absolute worst style if you could acll it that - ever. Isn't somebody letting her know how God-awful it is becoming?

> I totally agree. katie's hair has got to go. It looks
> rediculous, like an ill fitting wig!

Back to Top
Regina View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: July 18 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

I saw it and it looked just horrible. You'd think that with her being a celebrity and all and that she has a personal stylist on the set she'd look like a million bucks!

wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Back to Top
Rob View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: December 08 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 6
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Perhaps its time some of us e-mailed her producers with this astonshing revelation, since they appear blind to it. Any ambitious souls out there?
> I saw it and it looked just horrible. You'd think that
> with her being a celebrity and all and that she has a
> personal stylist on the set she'd look like a million
> bucks!

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



Copyright 1997-2022, hairboutique.com, All Rights Reserved.
About,
Advertise,
Contact Us,
Disclaimer
Press,
Privacy Statement,
Terms of Service,