Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok, I'm back with some responses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok, I'm back with some responses
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:19am

Hi kids,

I'm back from my vaca...er, uh...secret mission and ready to respond to some of the various posts that went up while I was gone. On a side note, I'm glad to see the board has been such a big hit in my absence. Anyway, on to my responses:

MADONNA: Saw this discussion of her new hairstyle. Look in this month's column in The Latestto see it and the new color (click on the link below)

CATHERINE ZETA-JONES: Her hair is still just below shoulder-length. Picture shown was of an updo; no bob for the lovely Catherine.

SALMA HAYEK: Salma's bob is also featured in this month's column under The Latest. Again, click on the link below.

SHARON STONE: Why did she cut her hair? Here's the quote I posted from SCOOP a few columns back (which should be in the archives soon:
When I have long hair, I don't have great hair, I have thin hair. We do my hair in the morning, and I sit under the dryer or use the curling iron or some other thing. I come back after lunch, I have to go back into hair. This is why I cut my hair. I feel like I have my life back. I wore a three-quarter fall in "Gloria", and it was a much nicer life.

REBECCA GAYHEART: I reported on her new 'do in the June column and in the current column (both of which you can access from the link below). She did indeed cut it, but it is now back to a layered curly bob to her shoulders.

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: Reported her new blondeness in this month's column. If anyone runs across a picture, send it on and I'll include it next month.

NATALIE PORTMAN: No bob for Natalie. Her hair is now well below her shoulders actually. You saw an old file photo of her (as I'm pretty sure I saw the same picture that the other poster referred to).

WHEW! Ok, I think that catches me up. I'm currently working on the new column and hopefully will have it ready in the next week. At least part of it will dovetail nicely with Karen's new article on Portia Di Rossi. Consider that a teaser.

Oh, and the Name That Celebrity! is gonna kick your butts. heheheh. =D

As usual,
JerkyFlea

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

I can understand her not wanting to be a slave to her hair. But she could have gone just a little longer and still have a carefree hairstyle and look a *whole* lot more feminine and pretty! Some short hair can certainly be very feminine and beautiful, but I'm afraid I just honesty don't see the appeal of hair that looks "chopped."

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:33am

If her morning talk show on the Spanish channel Univision wasn't a rerun, the hostess, Maite or Mattie or whatever her name is (sorry), got a great new haircut. She went from the all one-length shoulder look to a sexy, sleeker look.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic