Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sumoguy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

I think that everybody should do their hair in dread locks- I have never seen as great a style as Bob Marley's.

Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

You're right about the locks. I think Marley's were not the best dreads I've ever seen on a guy. The band Natty Nation has some fantastic dread heads and there are some actors out there with impressive crops as well. I find the style amazingly seductive and at the same time miltant and defiant. I think you either love it or hate it, but you really can't be non-committal about that style.
But you are right in that Marley did get the style out there, in your face. Post your message on the Hair Talk board as well to get other people's opinions.

> I think that everybody should do their hair in dread
> locks- I have never seen as great a style as Bob
> Marley's.

Joel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

Talking dreadlocs, does anyone here rember the cool daytime drama idol who played Noah on All My Children a few years back. He had some kind of past, fel in love with a Pine Valley woman and then they both had to run off from some stalkers under new idenities in an FBI witness protection program. The guy had the best groomed locs I've ever seen. Hanging half way down his back, these fantastic dark brown locs were real well tended, carefully formed to a kind of near uniform thickness. When he wasn't wearing them loose, the show's hairstylists always had fun doing his hair in amazing styles, either pulled back or woven into a massive braided ponytail.
Does anyone here recall this actor/guy's real name?
What's he up to now? I bet his locs are now hanging below his butt.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> You're right about the locks. I think Marley's were
> not the best dreads I've ever seen on a guy. The band
> Natty Nation has some fantastic dread heads and there
> are some actors out there with impressive crops as
> well. I find the style amazingly seductive and at the
> same time miltant and defiant. I think you either love
> it or hate it, but you really can't be non-committal
> about that style.
> But you are right in that Marley did get the style out
> there, in your face. Post your message on the Hair
> Talk board as well to get other people's opinions.

Kestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

> Talking dreadlocs, does anyone here rember the cool
> daytime drama idol who played Noah on All My Children
> a few years back.

That sounds like Keith Hamilton Cobb, unless I miss my guess. Extremely attractive man, good actor, and yes, the dreads were anything but dreadful. His look had/has (I don't think he's changed anything) just the right edge. Great example.

Kestra

Joel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

Thanks for the name. I found some pictures of him on the Soap Opera's web-site. What a growth he's managed. It is incredible as I looked at the pictures.
It's good to hear your positive resoundingly comments about his locs because I always was entranced by them and I figured that if I was, then women must be also very attracted to them. I wonder how long it takes toi grow your hair that long?

> That sounds like Keith Hamilton Cobb, unless I miss my
> guess. Extremely attractive man, good actor, and yes,
> the dreads were anything but dreadful. His look
> had/has (I don't think he's changed anything) just the
> right edge. Great example.

> Kestra

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic