Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Julia Roberts hair in My Best Friends Wedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Miss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Julia Roberts hair in My Best Friends Wedding
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

Ok, I have shoulder length tight curly hair that is really really thick and frizzy if I don't load on styling products, and I want a new look for fall without using chemicals. I LOVE Julia Roberts hair in My BF Wedding, how can I obtain that look, Soft and not so tight curls but not frizzy or to big. What hair products (I am on a budget) . and how to do it. I have tried everything. I really need help!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

The reason that her hair looks good is because she had extentions in her hair. This made keeping the hair looking good easy.

T
Miss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:21am

> ok, but do you know how i could do that to my hair, like make my curls looser

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I'm sure JerkyFlea will elaborate for us, but I think I can already suggest

1. layers
2. a good, moisturizing leave-in product for curly hair.

I'm guessing she dried it upside-down with a diffuser to preserve definition and prevent frizz. You can smooth your curls with a medium-barrel curling iron or a roller set.

I'm not so sure Roberts had extensions in this movie. For one thing, her hair wasn't THAT long. For another, her hair really /is/ that voluminous and beautiful, as we saw in Pretty Woman. But it is possible. Seems everybody's doing it in Hollywood now.

Just a shot in the dark,
Ally

T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I am sorry, my jealousy was showing. I thank you for the correction. I think Ally's idea will give you the results you were wanting.

T
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

> I am sorry, my jealousy was showing. I thank you for
> the correction. I think Ally's idea will give you the
> results you were wanting.

** Hey....who /isn't/ jealous of Julia Roberts's hair?? ;)

Miss, if you set very curly hair on bigger rollers, it smooths it and makes more uniform curls. When my hair was permed I did this all the time.

Ally

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic