Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keri Russell-- is it true?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keri Russell-- is it true?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I heard that Keri Russell had all her hair chopped off-- is this true? I hope not-- her curly hair was so unique!

Dawn

Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

Yep. She went from well below the shoulders to very short. How short? At least as short as Sheryl Crows new do. Most people will probably scream bloody murder on this, but I like it.
I'm not sure I like the style all that much(thought the short and messy look is really growing on me) but I thought Keri was cute before(and there was nothing wrong with the curly hair) but with short hair all I could look at was her near perfect face. Wow.
She seemed ver y comfortable and said seeing it cut didn't bother her at all. Unlike Sheryl Crow aforementioned cut(which I think looks BAD) Keri looks good, but I don't expect it to be a popular change. I do think it'll be a while before she grows it out.
Native

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

yes, she was on tonight's edition of access hollywood. It showed footage of her hair being chopped. It is in a short pixie. It has a unique look about it because it is curly and super short. All I can say is wow. It's true people, quit crying. It was about time.

Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

A friend taped the show for me and I saw the new 'do. I don't think it looks REALLY bad, but it certainly doesn't look good, either! She doesn't look nearly as unique as she did before. I have nothing against short hair-- but she had such pretty hair before that I can't help but wonder WHY?!?

Dawn

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

OK, not to bag on JF, but to quote the upcomming column:
"I think Keri needed a change, but it is a bit too short for me" (sorry to steal your thunder)

but really, I think she is a beautiful woman, and the short cut brings her beautiful face forward, no longer hidden by a security blanket of hair! I know many of the long hair faithful will cry sacrelig, but remember, it is only hair, and it will grow back (although I hope she keeps it above her shoulders!)

> yes, she was on tonight's edition of access hollywood.
> It showed footage of her hair being chopped. It is in
> a short pixie. It has a unique look about it because
> it is curly and super short. All I can say is wow.
> It's true people, quit crying. It was about time.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

> OK, not to bag on JF, but to quote the upcomming
> column:
> "I think Keri needed a change, but it is a bit
> too short for me" (sorry to steal your thunder)

Heheh. No problem. Though I DON'T think she needed a change. :)

> but really, I think she is a beautiful woman, and the
> short cut brings her beautiful face forward, no longer
> hidden by a security blanket of hair! I know many of
> the long hair faithful will cry sacrelig, but
> remember, it is only hair, and it will grow back
> (although I hope she keeps it above her shoulders!)

Ok, I do disagree with you in a big way here, but I'll save it for the upcoming column. Simply put though, it now looks like she washed her hair in really hot water and shrank to a size too small for her head.

Later,
JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Nirvana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nirvana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I would like to see some pics of keri in short hair, do you have?

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I liked it as well. Keri is a remarkably attractive young woman. She looks great with all of the hair styles I've seen her wear. I think it will look even better if she let it grow an inch or so, so that it will curl more.

brad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

> I would like to see some pics of keri in short hair,
> do you have?
Is there not a picture anywhere to be seen?

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:22am

I'll bet her career suffers for this look. What a waste of good hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic