Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

britney new look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rushboy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: britney new look
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

Britney have the new hair cut look this picture.

She is beautiful with this cut.

Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

Much improvement from the stringy, over processed mess she had before!

COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

> Much improvement from the stringy, over processed mess
> she had before!

** Ugh! I disagree! Why are these female celebrities compelled to go uber-blonde once they're famous? I think the color--or lack thereof--washes her out.

Ally

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> ** Ugh! I disagree! Why are these female celebrities
> compelled to go uber-blonde once they're famous? I
> think the color--or lack thereof--washes her out.

> Ally

Hi Ally,

Welcome back to HB.

I agree with you about the "uber-blonde" thing. Kristen Johnston (NBC's "Third Rock from the Sun") is a perfect example. Three years ago her fine-textured hair was a beautiful medium shade of brown and full of body. Now that she colors it blonde, it's thin, flat, dull and drab.

Well, she's undoubtedly received lotsa money for endorsing the haircolor product that she uses (the ads were on TV some time ago). So why should she care if it trashes her hair as long as she's making a lot of money doing so?

Dave

David M Squires
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Another example is Sarah Michelle Gellar. Her natural hair is dark, and it looked beautiful on her. But when she auditioned for the role of Buffy, she was told she would have to go blonde, because of Buffy lore and the fanbase, etc.

So she did it with highlights--the only way to go blonde if you must, in my opinion--and it still looked good. Now she's gone for this Pamela Anderson, all-one-color, blatantly fake blonde look that washes her out. She's more like Muffy the Vampire Slayer now.

I read in one magazine--Allure, I think--that uber-blonde is a status symbol. It announces to the world, "I can afford to maintain this."

But why would anyone want to?

Ally

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

You guys are focusing on the color of Britney's hair. While her shorter look doesn't really bother me (we all know she was wearing extensions, right?), I think she's better off with bangs. Whatta ya think?

Miss Hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

has anyone ever noticed the similarity between britney and katie holmes.. their facial features are VERY similar.. they could play sisters.. heh

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> You guys are focusing on the color of Britney's hair.
> While her shorter look doesn't really bother me (we
> all know she was wearing extensions, right?), I think
> she's better off with bangs. Whatta ya think?

** Yup. She has a face like mine: roundish. Those tousled bangs looked better.

A.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic