Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jolie (sp?) Fisher cut her hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jolie (sp?) Fisher cut her hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

She used to be in the TV show "Ellen" as the best friend. In the new "In Style" magazine, it shows her getting 8" cut off her hair. She cut it short because of a part in "Cabaret". She used to have really long, curly hair. Of late, she had been blowing it out straight. Apparently after she got it cut, her mother, Connie Stevens, didn't even recognize her!

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> In the new "In Style" magazine, it
> shows her getting 8" cut off her hair.

Dave Unger (The House of Dave) has the
pictures at http://daveunger.com/salon.htm

Natasha

Related Link:

http://daveunger.com/salon.htm" target=_blank>The House of Dave - The Salon

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> Dave Unger (The House of Dave) has the
> pictures at http://daveunger.com/salon.htm

> Natasha

Thanks for the link, but before Jerky types it out, I will, it is always good to check prior issues of Hair Spray, for if you would have, you would have seen before and after (but not during) pictures of Joely. What I thought was news was a look at Brooke Langton (formerly of Melrose Place and a very short cameo in the movie Swingers) has also cut her hair to just above her chin. I saw that on Entertainment Tonight, which btw, also featured Joely Fisher looking great in her now chin length cut!

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Thanks for saving me some typing SSJockey. heheh.

As for the pictures of Joely's cut from InStyle magazine, I'll feature them in next month's column with some commentary.

Later,
JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Next to Keri Russell and Cheryl Crow, Joely's new haircut is the third worst of the year in my book. Brooke Shields is fourth, in my humble opinion.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> Next to Keri Russell and Cheryl Crow, Joely's new
> haircut is the third worst of the year in my book.
> Brooke Shields is fourth, in my humble opinion.

OK Gordo, we get the point, I agree with Sheryl Crow, her last hair cut looks like it was done with a weed wacker, the last iteration before that looked great, though. I saw Joely Fisher on Entertainment Tonight the other night, and I think her short hair looks rather fetching. Brooke I could go either way, I think she is such a beautiful woman that she looks good in almost any style, but I think about 3 to 4 inches below shoulders is best for her. But really, it is OK for women to cut their hair, and some DO look better. Look at Christina Applegate. When she was in Married with Children, her hair looked so much better short, than the long fried overly bleached white stuff that was previously attached to her head. It is also a matter of taste. Hair is not sacred, it does grow back. Would you leave your wife if she got what you considered a "bad haircut", or would you love her just the same, and hope she grew it out?

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

> But really, it is OK for women to cut their hair...

> Hair is not sacred, it does grow
> back. Would you leave your wife if she got what you
> considered a "bad haircut", or would you
> love her just the same, and hope she grew it out?

Hi ssjockey,

It isn't my intent to defend Gord, but just to suggest that if you wish to engage the guy in discussion of the issues you raise that you do so in another forum; Hair Politics, perhaps?

Also, I don't see how what he has said about his opinions on the hair of celebrities is any more insensitive than what you have said. Gord has variously stated that he either likes or dislikes the hair of certain celebrities, as have you, so... why are you so adamant about questioning him on these other issues, hypothetical or otherwise?

Dave

David M Squires
ssjockey View Drop Down

Sorry, I didn't mean to flame anyone, but Gord on several occasions has shown his disapproval towards women who cut their hair. I think that after three or four posts that you don't like short hair, I get the message. That's all. On the other hand, this is a place for such discussions, I think. I am more than willing to take such discussions offline, after raising the issues.

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Hi ssjockey,

> Sorry, I didn't mean to flame anyone, but Gord on
> several occasions has shown his disapproval towards
> women who cut their hair. I think that after three or
> four posts that you don't like short hair, I get the
> message. That's all.

And some people firmly express contrary opinions, too. Which is fine, of course.

> On the other hand, this is a place for such discussions, I think.

Agreed, as long as they stay on topic. It was seeing the personal accusations (on this board) that surprised me.

> I am more than willing to take such discussions offline,
> after raising the issues.

That would be cool if you two were able to do so... if only either one of you shared your e-mail and an invitation to the other to write! :-)

Take care,

Dave

David M Squires
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Please read my response above. I'm a lover of long hair. There are lots of us out here. What can I say?

Like you guys, I'm pretty opinionated. That's what this forum is all about, right? No matter what anybody says, Joely's haircut bites in my humble opinion. I think Keri Russell blew it. So did Cheryl Crow and Brooke Shields. Brooke's seems to grow fast, so I have hope.

Dang, every makeover site I visit makes me cringe, as I said above. But I want to keep up with what's going on, which is why I stay attuned to Jerky Flea and his reports, which are sensational.

Will I rip every famous woman's haircut I see? No way. Stay tuned... if you let me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic