Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roma Downy cut her hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cindy C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roma Downy cut her hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

I just watch "Touched by an Angel" and noticed Roma's hair is now cut like Jennifer Aniston's. It's still below her shoulders but much shorter and angled at the sides. It is also a reddish color that I found kind of disturbing. She still looks great, but I liked the old longer style and color better.

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Enough said.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Can't wait to see it, any thing will be an improvement? Anyone have a pic?

Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

I didn't find the shorter length all that disturbing -- it is still quite long, but the color is HORRIBLE and totally distracts from her beauty. I think I like Roma's hair the best darker and waist length -- not necessarily as long as it was, but it is too short now. I also think she looks best with bangs and her hair down.

Dawn

ss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

I think Roma was past due for a style update and that shorter would look good on her, but no shorter than chin lenght. Any shorter and she would not look good. I haven't seen her new style but it sounds nice. Change is not always bad, it just depends on what the change brought with it and what the change was. Just like Keri Russel, change can be good if it's done right. Keri's was and she looks great, although she was cute before, she traded her long curley locks in for a nice more consertive crop cut that brings out her face more, and shows off more of her pretty features. Just like a shorter style my do for Roma. We just got to keep an open mind since change is going to happen sooner or later.

Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> I think Roma was past due for a style update and that
> shorter would look good on her, but no shorter than
> chin lenght. Any shorter and she would not look good.

Some women look better with long hair, and in my opinion, Roma is one of them. There are other women who I prefer with short hair, Meg Ryan for example. Somehow short and spunky goes with Meg's personality more than long hair. However, Roma is very refined and graceful, and long hair goes along with those personality traits more than a short or mid-length 'do.

> I haven't seen her new style but it sounds nice.

The length is OK, but there are a few too many layers, which makes her fine hair look a little stringy. The color is the real problem. It simply overwhelms her complexion -- she needs something darker and less brassy. Cooler shades w/ burgundy undertones suit her more than orange-ish shades.

> Change is not always bad, it just depends on what the
> change brought with it and what the change was.

I agree, change is not always bad. (Crystal Gayle, are you listening?)

> Just
> like Keri Russel, change can be good if it's done
> right.

In her case the the change was a dismal failure...but, hey, hair grows back so its not worth moping over.

Keri's was and she looks great, although she
> was cute before, she traded her long curley locks in
> for a nice more consertive crop cut that brings out
> her face more, and shows off more of her pretty
> features.

Keri's hair looks terrible -- maybe when it grows an inch or two it will look better, but it has no style at the moment...it looks like an amateur gardener mowed her head with a set of hedge clippers. To see Roma follow in her footsteps would be utterly horrible.

>Just like a shorter style my do for Roma. We
> just got to keep an open mind since change is going to
> happen sooner or later.

Ummm.....hopefully LATER in Roma's case! Although I'm not a long hair fanatic when compared to many on this board, I truly believe a major haircut on Roma would be a bad thing....I'm very closed-minded when it comes to this!

Dawn

ss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

>Dawn,
As I stated before, short hair on Roma would not look good on her, I said chin lenght should be the shortest, however I do agree with you that even that short would be to much on her. The deal with Keri Is that for some reason when celebrities chop off there long hair it seems as though a five year old cut it. It might be so the people that wanted them to cut it hate it so much they let them grow it back. Thats the only reason I can think of. If Keri were to actully get her hair styled she would look great with short hair. If you think Keri looks stupid then you should look at Liv Tyler, she grew her hair out to a bob that looks like it belongs in the 1950s'. Thanks for keeping an open mind.

jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

> I didn't find the shorter length all that disturbing
> -- it is still quite long, but the color is HORRIBLE
> and totally distracts from her beauty. I think I like
> Roma's hair the best darker and waist length -- not
> necessarily as long as it was, but it is too short
> now. I also think she looks best with bangs and her
> hair down.

> Dawn

i agree Dawn

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic