Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gord, Gord!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gord, Gord!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Gord, your obsession with long hair is causing you to miss out on just how beautiful women are; you seem to focus only on their hair or lack of. Hair for beautiful women is an accessory, like jewelry or a nice dress. Change is great. Some women must have long hair to detract for other features, some need it for security, other are secure with their appearance and change often, those are the ones I love to see. As for being opinionated, I understand completely…I’m right and you are wrong!

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:25am

Hi Hal,

> Gord, your obsession with long hair is causing you to
> miss out on just how beautiful women are; you seem to
> focus only on their hair or lack of.

I don't know that we can say that. This is a place to talk about hair, not necessarily to talk aobut the general topic of the beauty of women. By being here and participating in these discussion boards, aren't we ALL focusing on their hair, or lack thereof?

> Hair for beautiful women is an accessory, like jewelry
> or a nice dress. Change is great.

But Hal, you know that these statements are your opinions, and are not necessarily shared by others... right? Others may perceive the value or purpose (or etc) of hair in different ways.

> Some women must have long hair to detract for other
> features, some need it for security,

And other women have long hair to enhance their overall beauty, and some women with long hair have no security-related issues with their hair.

> other are secure with their appearance and change often

Hal, this was the statement that compelled me to respond to you. Common sense tells me that it is the other way around, that women who are secure with themselves and with their appearance don't feel the need for frequent change, as dissatisfaction is often a motivation to change.

Dave

David M Squires
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hal, change is not necessarily great at all, but I respect your right to change your opinion to mine. You sound like many women here in Michigan who seem obsessed with pressuring other women to get their haircut because they need a change or they are too old to have long hair. Long hair does nothing to detract from other beautiful features. Peace.

Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Some women change because of insecurities. Some women change for entertainment.

Some women don't change because of insecurities. Some women change because of security.

Some women change . . . some women don't change . . . some women in both groups couldn't tell you why they do (or don't do) what they do with their do's. I'm not sure Freud could figure it out.

It's all true. Personally, I like to change my hair because it's fun. To me it's like changing clothes or wardrobes. I'm very secure . . . I think.

silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Laurie is right now about this. Women change their styles for all sorts of reasons--both good and bad. i find it infinitely entertaining, too. watching people change their styles and playing with my own hair style.
But the bottom line--to me, anyway--it's only hair. Much as you might love it or hate it.

:) silvie

Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Changing hair is like changing clothes. I've always enjoyed playing "dress up." I love changing my style every few months. It's refreshing.

Bottom line: it's fun!

Laurie

jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> Laurie is right now about this. Women change their
> styles for all sorts of reasons--both good and bad. i
> find it infinitely entertaining, too. watching people
> change their styles and playing with my own hair
> style.
> But the bottom line--to me, anyway--it's only hair.
> Much as you might love it or hate it.

> :) silvie

yes how true silvie :))

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic