Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric, you need a makeover girl!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric, you need a makeover girl!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Seeing Katie Couric on the cover of this week's TV guide reminds me: she really needs some help with her hair.

Let me say here, I know she has been under terrible stress since the recent passing of her husband. I'm in awe of her ability to carry on with such grace.

Now, back to her hair. A few months ago I saw a photo of Katie when she was a cheerleader in her youth . . . she looked beautiful with long hair! Her face hasn't changed since those days. . . it still looks as beautiful today as it did then. But that hair.

Then, several weeks ago, a hairstylist came on the Today Show to demonstrate extensions and hairpieces. He made an add-on hairpiece especially for Katie. Again, I think Katie is a beautiful person, but when she put the hairpiece/extensions on she looked amazingly beautiful (plus it seemed to take years off her appearance).

Has anyone elese seen Katie with long hair (either old photos or with the add-on hairpiece)? What did you think? Do you think her hair is unimportant to her now since she lost her husband? Please respond. JF, do you have an opinion? If so, let me know. I value what you have to say every much.

scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

> Seeing Katie Couric on the cover of this week's TV
> guide reminds me: she really needs some help with her
> hair.

> Let me say here, I know she has been under terrible
> stress since the recent passing of her husband. I'm in
> awe of her ability to carry on with such grace.

> Now, back to her hair. A few months ago I saw a photo
> of Katie when she was a cheerleader in her youth . . .
> she looked beautiful with long hair! Her face hasn't
> changed since those days. . . it still looks as
> beautiful today as it did then. But that hair.

> Then, several weeks ago, a hairstylist came on the
> Today Show to demonstrate extensions and hairpieces.
> He made an add-on hairpiece especially for Katie.
> Again, I think Katie is a beautiful person, but when
> she put the hairpiece/extensions on she looked
> amazingly beautiful (plus it seemed to take years off
> her appearance).

> Has anyone elese seen Katie with long hair (either old
> photos or with the add-on hairpiece)? What did you
> think? Do you think her hair is unimportant to her now
> since she lost her husband? Please respond. JF, do you
> have an opinion? If so, let me know. I value what you
> have to say every much.

TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

> First of all Katie is a short haired women. Everytime she grows it out to some length she gets it cut. I think she has fallen into a hair rut. 6 months ago with the longer haired flip in the back she looked good, plus it was a different Katie. I think at this point she should 1, get a body wave, two go way short, or three grow it out again, she just needs to get out of the rut.

Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hi TV Guy,

I vote on the flip that she had awhile back. That was a great look for her. I remember the thread about this awhile ago and I think most people agreed, her flip looked like it was tailor made for her.

Holly

TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

I give Jodi allot of credit for sticking it out during the the process. What a difference on her with long hair. My gut is that the excecs are going to ask her to tone it down, so I'm anticipating a return to short hair for Jodi in the near future. Katie just needs to do something, her hair looks so flat and blah

silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Outside of what the TV execs may be pressuring her to do (likely, not change her familiar-to-audiences image and related short hair), I suspect she keeps her hair short because of her lifestyle,too. Such an enormously success career woman who must have a hectic schedule. Maybe she prefers to just keep it short because it's easier to work with that way. (i know short hair is NOT always easier to work with, either, but in the case of her current cut, it looks like she doesn't even have to try to style it).

Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hi,

Yes, I agree about Jodi Applegates hair-the last time I saw it thoug was in June. It looked great back then. Is it the same color and style, only longer? Just curious.

Thanks,
Holly

TV Guy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered

Same color and yes much longer. It is shoulder length with layers. A very non-typical newscaster look. I'm afraid someones going to request her to go back to the standard. Short and tucked

> Hi,

> Yes, I agree about Jodi Applegates hair-the last time
> I saw it thoug was in June. It looked great back then.
> Is it the same color and style, only longer? Just
> curious.

> Thanks,
> Holly

Holly View Drop Down

NM

3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote   3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 7:28pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by 3 3 wrote:

3] 1

Someone please help me... I'm too dumb to understand what these posts mean?
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 10:09pm
Hal an idiot went through old posts and just to mess with the board put a post with a number... Probably some 12 year old pimple faced nerd with nothing to do with his life...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic