Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bangs with Curly Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juliette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangs with Curly Hair?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

First of all, I'm so glad I discovered this site! I love to obsess about hair also, and I'm looking froward to future columns. Anyway, I have very long (almost waist-length) dark curly hair that's quite thick. I have wanted bangs for a long time, but I don't know how to go about this and I don't know if they would work with my face, so I'd love to get some second opinions. I'm including a photo and a link to more of my photos so that you can take a look. Thanks!

Related Link:

http://members.tripod.com/~Juliette13/pix.html" target=_blank>Photos of Me

ss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

Juliette,
You have beautyful hair, you would look good with bangs cut across the middle of your head. you shouldd go to a profesional hair dresser to get them cut other wise they my be cut uneven. I would also suggest triming about two inchs of the bottom. You look good with long hair and should not ever cut it short.

JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> First of all, I'm so glad I discovered this site! I
> love to obsess about hair also, and I'm looking
> froward to future columns. Anyway, I have very long
> (almost waist-length) dark curly hair that's quite
> thick. I have wanted bangs for a long time, but I
> don't know how to go about this and I don't know if
> they would work with my face, so I'd love to get some
> second opinions. I'm including a photo and a link to
> more of my photos so that you can take a look. Thanks!

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

Doll, if you're going to go with bangs, they should be long straight bangs, the kind that hang over your eyebrows, in my humble opinion.

jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> Juliette,
> You have beautyful hair, you would look good with
> bangs cut across the middle of your head. you shouldd
> go to a profesional hair dresser to get them cut other
> wise they my be cut uneven. I would also suggest
> triming about two inchs of the bottom. You look good
> with long hair and should not ever cut it short.

yes i think straight bangs acroos the forehead woulbe be great and maybe trim the ends and keep the long hair

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

Juliette,

I definitely don't think you /need/ bangs, but they do add versatility and softness to long hair. (As mentioned in the other posts on this thread, you have beautiful hair.)

The good thing about bangs with curly hair is that they can also be worn off the face and easily blended into the rest of the hair. The disadvantage is that you will almost certainly have to straighten them when you do wear them down. I use a round brush and a blow dryer on my wavy bangs. It takes about 30 seconds in the morning.

If you do decide to get them, try to find a stylist who specializes in curly hair. Bangs should probably be cut dry, since your kind of hair curls up considerably as it dries. (You don't want a Buster Brown, Charlize Theron look.)

I'm not a professional or an expert, though. Spend some time talking to a reputable stylist. Depedning on your hair's texture, he/she might tell you to forgo bangs altogether.

Ally

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic