Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Hair predictions for 2000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrity Hair predictions for 2000
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

Everyone,

Lets look into our crystal balls and come up with Celebrity hair predictions for 2000. Here are a few of mine.

Courtney Cox- She will continue to let her hair grow and change her color. Either a deep red or highlights. Maybe both. Perhaps Bangs too.

Cindy Crawford- I think motherhood will take its toll on her and we could see her sporting shorter hair. Not too short, something between chin and shoulders.

Katie Holmes- She will go shorter too. A lip length bob.

Shania Twain- She will be blonde in the next year.

Madonna-??? Something drastic as usual.

Does anyone else have any predictions??

P.S.-Please no Pamela Lee high and tights. It wont happen.

:)
Bret View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Sadly,
Pamela Anderson will not undergoing a high n' tight crop anytime soon --darnit! However, I forsee that Sarah Michelle Geller will fall victim to Robert Altman--the very man responsible for butchering off Liv Tyler's tresses. I just forsee it. Yes, Cookie's Fortune 2--yeah yeah that's the ticket, and a cameo appearance by Morgan Fairchild--yeah that's the ticket! Picture this Cookie's Fortune 2: A New Beginning starring the recently cropped Sarah Michelle Geller.

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Ahem. Yeah, I do see Sarah Michelle Gellar going short. Perhaps Calista Flockheart too.

If Shania Twain goes very short, it will be a shame, because her long, thick hair is a huge part of her sex appeal. I hope she evades Blondorexia.

I bet Catherine Zeta Jones will go collar-length. Not that she /should/, but agents will be pushing her to change something soon.

Ally

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> If Shania Twain goes very short, it will be a shame,
> because her long, thick hair is a huge part of her sex
> appeal. I hope she evades Blondorexia.

LOL. Hi Ally, I love the term you've coined, "blondorexia." Very apropo. I recall a similar discussion earlier about dark-haired actresses who go blonde and I failed to mention the number one poster child, Kirstie Alley. I wonder if the haircolor was her choice or that of her TV show's producers (?) but either way the blonde color looks all wrong on her.

> I bet Catherine Zeta Jones will go collar-length. Not
> that she /should/, but agents will be pushing her to
> change something soon.

Is her career slowing down, and if so, I wonder why it's thought that a haircut (of all things) would lead to more work? Might a career slowdown be more a matter of the agents failing to do their job?

Hmmm...

Dave

David M Squires
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> LOL. Hi Ally, I love the term you've coined,
> "blondorexia."

** I was once a victim. Though it's a morbid parallel, blondorexia works like an eating disorder: No matter how blonde the woman gets, she thinks it's not enough.

> Is her career slowing down, and if so, I wonder why
> it's thought that a haircut (of all things) would lead
> to more work? Might a career slowdown be more a matter
> of the agents failing to do their job?

** Oh, who knows? I just know that most successful movie actresses try to change their look every couple of years at least. Even Sandra Bullock, the goddess of raven hair, had to go blonde, cut it short, etc., and fix what was never broken. Those who started with long hair and kept it long are few and far between. (I can only think of Jane Seymour and Roma Downey, neither of whom is a Hollywod heavyweight.)

Ally

Carl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Here are some predictions. Some agree with you all said:

- Shania Twain will change her hair. Maybe going shorter
(that could be good), maybe blonde (that would be very
bad). Maybe both.

- Not only Cindy Crawford, but all the generation of first
supermodels (Claudia Schifer, Paulina Porizkova, Elle
McPherson, etc.) wiil be sporting medium styles in a
couple of years.

- Liv Tyler and Milla Jovovich will let their hair grow to the
original long lenght. Maybe Keri Russel also do it.

- Diane Lane, Elisabeth Shue and Kate Winslet will
assume definitively the short/medium styles and will
never wear long hair again.

- A young actress will sucumbe to the "Cookie´s Fortune"
sindrome and will cut her hair to make a "serious" role as
a change in her career. Could be Sarah Michelle Geller,
Natalie Portman or Jordana Brewster.

- Callista Flockhart, Courteney Cox, Neve Campbell,
Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling and Madonna will make
minor changes. Each one will be reported as a big,
especially about Madonna.

- Madeleine Stowe and Angie Harmon will keep the
same boring styles.

- Jennifer Lopez, like Salma Hayek, will go progressively
shorter till a shoulder/chin lenght in a couple of years

- Blondorexia will make more victims (no need of crystal
ball for that).

- Britney Spears will become more and more likely Alicia
Silverstone and Drew Barrymore.

- Many things will be told about the hair of Pamela Lee
but nothing will happen

- And, to conclude, a "untouchable" hair will be chopped
off. The best bet is Catherine Zeta Jones, for the reasons
that you before me told.

Let's see.

Carl

-

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

I see Shania making a change, especially if the rumored problems between she and hubby Mutt are true. I think we will see her go blonde before going short, she is very aware if how sexy her long hair is and will continue to "work" that unless without Mutts direction she "needs" to be taken more seriously.

Courtney Cox will cut her hair...just after Jennifer Aniston does

Cindy Crawford will not cut hers (remember how fast returned to her standard after the last cut) but if she does it won't be much.

Madonna...WHO CARES

Pamela Lee will began to move away from her bimbo look but slowly and only as she begins (tries) to take on better roles.

Alanis Morisette will cut some length but keep enough to maintain her angry persona

Faith Hill will not keep her newfound length; she will bounce back and forth from now on and always look good.

Tori Spelling will will change but stay bad

Cameron Diaz mid neck, blond and trendy

Sandra Bullick will go a little shorter then return to very long

I look for Meg Ryan to get boared looking good and return to her basic unkept style of long and natural...to bad I love her look

AND IF ANYONE CARES, MY 1/2 INCH LONG HAIRS WILL CONTINUE TO GET SHORTER AND SHORTER AS MORE AND MORE OF THEM "JUMP" TO THERE DEATH!

Frederick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Folks,
Christiana Alguleria seems like the type who should sport an ultra sexy pixie high n' tight crop. She needs to make a trip to her local salon for a few snippings. What do you think?

Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> Folks,
> Christiana Alguleria seems like the type who should
> sport an ultra sexy pixie high n' tight crop. She
> needs to make a trip to her local salon for a few
> snippings. What do you think?

not.... why do all guys want ladies to cut their hair.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> Folks,
> Christiana Alguleria seems like the type who should
> sport an ultra sexy pixie high n' tight crop. She
> needs to make a trip to her local salon for a few
> snippings. What do you think?

What do I think? I think that Fredrick here hasn't been paying much attention, and must be new (I hope). Hey Fred, no offense intended, but we try to keep to the vaguely realistic here, and posts like yours aren't particularly PC on this board. Don't get me wrong, I think that everyone is entitlied to their own opinion, but this is not the place for that type of opinion. Go to www.haircut.net, and look at their links. There are many fetishist out there and many places to express your type of opinion.

As for Miss Aguleria, I think she needs trim an inch or two off the bottom and to tone down her hair color, and stop trying to look like such a bimbo. If I had a 17 year old daughter that looked like that, I would freak, and send her to a monestary. (but that rant is for another time and place.)

hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> not.... why do all guys want ladies to cut their hair.

This seems to be a strange phenomenon of the internet. In general I think guys prefer long hair on women. But on the internet you would think the opposite.

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Amen Frederick!

kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

I agree. Chop a few inches off, and for crying out loud tone down that nasty blonde shade. It does nothing for her whatsoever.

kerry wilson
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

> This seems to be a strange phenomenon of the internet.
> In general I think guys prefer long hair on women.

I think this is true...

> But on the internet you would think the opposite.

Actually, it's just one guy that doesn't want to play by the rules (but who truly knows better), posting under these names:

Frederick = Bret (Hitman Hart) = Jerry the King Lawler = Superfly = Beth Livingston from Salem Mass = Arnold Livingston from Salem Mass

David M Squires
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

I love that term too..especially cause I just moved to orange county, california. blondorexia is of course very prevalent here. it doesn't bug me of course, except when people urge me to do it too. ( i have dark brown hair). They say it would make me look sunnier..please. I've done it before and it looks hideous.

> ** I was once a victim. Though it's a morbid parallel,
> blondorexia works like an eating disorder: No matter
> how blonde the woman gets, she thinks it's not enough.

> ** Oh, who knows? I just know that most successful
> movie actresses try to change their look every couple
> of years at least. Even Sandra Bullock, the goddess of
> raven hair, had to go blonde, cut it short, etc., and
> fix what was never broken. Those who started with long
> hair and kept it long are few and far between. (I can
> only think of Jane Seymour and Roma Downey, neither of
> whom is a Hollywod heavyweight.)

> Ally

Arnold Livingston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnold Livingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

Davey Boy Smith aka The British Bulldog,
You have dishonored the Livingston name. I have not, nor have I ever been one of them other characters, nor do I post fetish immature posts. Go ahead check me out. My e-mail is Crimsage@hotmail.com. I live in Salem Mass with my wife Beth who happens to be a licensed beautician. She is the owner of the Livingston Salon in Salem. And please no witch-jokes got me!

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:29am

I can't speak for other internet sites but as for the people that visit this one and Jerky's other site, I think they ( I ) enjoy seeing celebrities and women in general with different hairstyles. In order to change styles cutting in usually involved. It is very boring for us ( I ) to see the same styles over and over. I enjoy women with all lengths and styles of hair (except the high n tight) and I especially enjoy it when they change style. Fetish, I don't think so but if that's what you want to call it ... oh well.

As for Christina, I liked the layered style she had when she first hit the big time. The color, I think something toned down a bit would look better but the white color must be doing something for her. Britney Spears seems to be moving in her direction...color and style.
Hal

Ally View Drop Down

Arnold,

I'm a frequent visitor to Salem. I've also asked you to please contact me, because I plan to move there soon, and I wanted to ask you some questions about real estate. You never responded.

When I'm in Salem, I get my hair done at the mall on Essex Street. I know the town very well, and I have never heard of the Livingston Salon. Nor is it listed in the Yellow Pages or with Information for the 978 area code.

Tell me, Arnold, where is your salon? What is the name of the most popular deli in Salem? What is the name of Laurie Cabot's shop? The largest hotel?

Ally

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic