Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity needs new 'do.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrity needs new 'do.
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:30am

I found a new poster child for a hair make-over. Saw Sleepy Hollow. I love Christina Ricci's acting, but her hair needs a big time make-over. I think she needs a body wave and a little more length. Unfortunately, I don't have a current pic, but maybe JerkyFlea does. It's black and flat and short and she's got a round face, so it makes her face seem rounder.

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:30am

I really liked it in Sleepy Hollow. Maybe not THAT blonde, but the length and texture were good.

Ally

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:30am

Yeah, but it was a wig. And a rather massive one at that.

On a pseudo-related note, Renee Zellweger's huge curly hair in "The Bachelor" is also a wig.

Que sera, sera,
JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Brit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:30am

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about her real hair needing a make-over. Christina Ricci's real hair is limp, jet black and almost stuck to her head. And it's to her chin. I thought it brought emphasis to her roundish face.

On Renee Z - she always looks great - even if it was a wig.

> Yeah, but it was a wig. And a rather massive one at
> that.

> On a pseudo-related note, Renee Zellweger's huge curly
> hair in "The Bachelor" is also a wig.

> Que sera, sera,
> JF

Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

I think Jerky Flea meant that what looks good on a wig doesn't always translate well into real hair. She died her blonde in 'The Opposite of Sex' (I think it was her real hair) and it looked really bad.

CORRINNE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORRINNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> I found a new poster child for a hair make-over. Saw
> Sleepy Hollow. I love Christina Ricci's acting, but
> her hair needs a big time make-over. I think she needs
> a body wave and a little more length. Unfortunately, I
> don't have a current pic, but maybe JerkyFlea does.
> It's black and flat and short and she's got a round
> face, so it makes her face seem rounder.

Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

I think her hair color (jet black) looks cool, but maybe it looks better longer. Still, I definitely like black better than the blond wig.

> Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about her real
> hair needing a make-over. Christina Ricci's real hair
> is limp, jet black and almost stuck to her head. And
> it's to her chin. I thought it brought emphasis to her
> roundish face.

> On Renee Z - she always looks great - even if it was a
> wig.

Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> I think Jerky Flea meant that what looks good on a wig
> doesn't always translate well into real hair. She died
> her blonde in 'The Opposite of Sex' (I think it was
> her real hair) and it looked really bad.

** Yeah, but in that movie she was /supposed/ to look like trailer trash. The blonde still softens her face in a way I like.....maybe just not /so/ blonde. In fact, I sorta doubt that intense black is real.

Ally

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic