Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Gayle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Gayle
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

I think Crystal Gayle is the most beautiful woman in the world. What do you think? I was named after her- my first and middle names are Crystal Gayle. I got married four years ago, and my husband Dave and I decided that I should grow my hair like Crystal Gayle's. It grows really fast, so we thought I had a chance to get that kind of length. On the day we got married, Dave promised me that he would help me take care of my hair, and I swore to him that I would never cut it as long as we were together. Now my hair is about an inch and a half longer than my height. I am 5'8". I live in south Florida and work as a secretary. My hair is still growing as fast as ever. Crystal Gayle continues to be a great inspiration for me to keep growing my hair. Personally I hope she never cuts it. I know I will never cut mine!

Crystal Gayle Johnson

Crystal
Cheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> I think Crystal Gayle is the most beautiful woman in
> the world. What do you think? I was named after her-
> my first and middle names are Crystal Gayle. I got
> married four years ago, and my husband Dave and I
> decided that I should grow my hair like Crystal
> Gayle's. It grows really fast, so we thought I had a
> chance to get that kind of length. On the day we got
> married, Dave promised me that he would help me take
> care of my hair, and I swore to him that I would never
> cut it as long as we were together. Now my hair is
> about an inch and a half longer than my height. I am
> 5'8". I live in south Florida and work as a
> secretary. My hair is still growing as fast as ever.
> Crystal Gayle continues to be a great inspiration for
> me to keep growing my hair. Personally I hope she
> never cuts it. I know I will never cut mine!

> Crystal Gayle Johnson

How silly is that ?

Cheryl

Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> How silly is that ?

> Cheryl

Very silly. Our friend "Crystal" here continues to attempt to pull off this hoax in yet another arena... first was tlhs, then Hair Boutique's Personals board, and now here on Hair Boutique's Celebrities board. I do give credit to this person for their persistence, but not for their honesty. Oh well.

David M Squires
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

Crystal Gayle was the person who drew me to the Internet. I was reading our local newspapers, which featured a story on the Long Hair Site and ran a photo of Crystal. As someone who is very passionate about long hair -- and has stated so several times in this forum -- I had to see what I was missing. I've been addicted to the internet ever since. In my humble opinion, if Crystal Gayle ever cut her long hair, it would be a tragedy.

Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

Personally I hope she
> never cuts it. I know I will never cut mine!

> Crystal Gayle Johnson

I thought I read somewhere that Crystal Gayle has had neck problems because of the weight of her long hair. I agree that her hair is beautiful, but to risk neck/back injury just to keep your hair that long is stupid. What message is that sending out? Im sure she wouldnt have to have all her haircut to decrease the risk of injury, and her hair was just as pretty before she let it grow out so long. If my information is wrong then "nevermind", but if its not, then thats my two cents....

Buzzcut View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzcut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

I hope that I never come across Crystal Gayle stuck in a snowbank. I would have to shave her head first and then rescue her. I don't have anything against her, but am just tired of her long hair.

Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> Personally I hope she

> I thought I read somewhere that Crystal Gayle has had
> neck problems because of the weight of her long hair.
> I agree that her hair is beautiful, but to risk
> neck/back injury just to keep your hair that long is
> stupid. What message is that sending out? Im sure she
> wouldnt have to have all her haircut to decrease the
> risk of injury, and her hair was just as pretty before
> she let it grow out so long. If my information is
> wrong then "nevermind", but if its not, then
> thats my two cents....

I've never heard before that she had neck problems because of her hair, but if it's true, then it doesn't surprise me. I think if I cut my hair short, my head would probably fall forward into my chest. Just kidding, probably not, but I don't want to cut it to find out.

C.G. Johnson

Crystal
Crystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> Crystal Gayle was the person who drew me to the
> Internet. I was reading our local newspapers, which
> featured a story on the Long Hair Site and ran a photo
> of Crystal. As someone who is very passionate about
> long hair -- and has stated so several times in this
> forum -- I had to see what I was missing. I've been
> addicted to the internet ever since. In my humble
> opinion, if Crystal Gayle ever cut her long hair, it
> would be a tragedy.

Crystal was a big reason why I first explored the web, too. There are literally hundreds of photos of her on the net, many showing off her hair. I have downloaded many of those, and I never get tired of looking at them.

Crystal G. Johnson

Crystal
Crystal View Drop Down

> How silly is that ?

> Cheryl

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Crystal Johnson

Crystal
Crystal View Drop Down

> Very silly. Our friend "Crystal" here
> continues to attempt to pull off this hoax in yet
> another arena... first was tlhs, then Hair Boutique's
> Personals board, and now here on Hair Boutique's
> Celebrities board. I do give credit to this person for
> their persistence, but not for their honesty. Oh well.

You're right on one count. I did post on the personals board before this one, but I never have posted on the tlhs board. From time to time I pop by there to see if there has been an update, but I have never contributed to their message board.

Crystal Johnson

Crystal
Crystal View Drop Down

> I hope that I never come across Crystal Gayle stuck in
> a snowbank. I would have to shave her head first and
> then rescue her. I don't have anything against her,
> but am just tired of her long hair.

It's true, she has had the same style for over 20 years. I do think it's time for something different, but I don't necessarily think she needs to cut it at all. With long hair like hers, there are so many options, I'm sure she could find one that is a change from the same old thing.

Crystal Johnson

Crystal
Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> It's true, she has had the same style for over 20
> years. I do think it's time for something different,
> but I don't necessarily think she needs to cut it at
> all. With long hair like hers, there are so many
> options, I'm sure she could find one that is a change
> from the same old thing.

> Crystal Johnson

i agree 100% long suits her well

lola b View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:32am

maybe Crystal Gayle should form her long locks into a much popular style Dread locks.

sam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:32am

I think I have read your story somewhere yes at tlhs long time back. Is this kind of a fraud??? The last time You didn't reply to the msg....what abt now????

anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 6:55pm
Reply to message: 3.3387.1
quote:

Buzzcut originally wrote:

I hope that I never come across Crystal Gayle stuck in a snowbank. I would have to shave her head first and then rescue her. I don't have anything against her, but am just tired of her long hair.

Yeah i kinda like the idea of shaving crystal gayles head she`s always had longhair i think it would be cool.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2001 at 10:34am
I just think that really long hair like that is nasty. I mean, how often can you possibly wash it? It would take forever and be a yucky process I am sure. Your scalp is like your face and can you imagine not washing it every day? Ick!!!!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic