Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest surprise on Oscar night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggest surprise on Oscar night
    Posted: March 27 2000 at 1:12am
In my opinion, the biggest and best surprise of the night was seeing Jane Fonda's new cut. She had been sporting that way too long look. Now she looks much fresher and younger. Personally, I think it looks great. That's my opinion.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
brulist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brulist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 3:17am
Jane dumped Ted, so a major cut was inevitable, I suppose. Here's a link to then and now pics:

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=fonda&n=10&c=news_photos

I think she did the wrong thing... but maybe the short hair works better with a NVA anti-aircraft gunner's helmet................

Dan
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 7:52am
I didn't get to see the whole show, but I did note Jane Fonda's new hairstyle. As an admirer of long hair, I will miss Jane's. In fact, for an older woman, her long hair was very sexy. While Jane's new style flatters her, for me it was a crushing blow to see another longhaired woman bite the dust.
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 4:21pm
Yes, Yes, Yes Jane cut her hair and it looks terrific!!!!!
Now that the Bozo is out of the way - I'm going for Jane and her new sexy, sassy hairstyle. (relax - I know I don't have a chance for her but I like to dream)
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 6:51pm
I agree, it looks gorgeous. I have long hair and my husband grabbed me and said: "I wish you would get your hair cut like that, it would look gorgeous on you."

I have to admit, she looked great.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2000 at 12:00pm
Gord,

Re: Jane Fonda, it was "a crushing blow to see another longhaired woman bite the dust?" A bit melodramatic, don't you think? Or are you only trying to balance the melodrama of a few of the posts that favor her short hair?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2000 at 12:07pm
Chrissie,

Cutting your hair won't necessarily make you look like Jane Fonda -- it will make you look like yourself with shorter hair.

That said, Jane has worn a number of different long hair styles, and some have looked better than others (some have looked really good). But her most recent long hair look was not her most flattering.
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2000 at 4:06pm
My spouse and I went through the same thing - at least for us it really spiced up the sex life! If you are thinking of it I wouldn't hesitate. (from my experience)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2000 at 8:04am
So, what your really saying is Jane just looks like Jane with shorter hair... no better no worse?
Hal
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 1:37am
Actually, I preferred Jane with long hair. Especially pushing her exercise videos. Now, she's just another actress with short hair.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 1:40am
So now your husband imagines he's having sex with Jane Fonda?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2000 at 1:41am
I humbly disagree.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2000 at 3:49pm
I actually like the side view of the new haircut!

But I don't like the way it looks in front.

Jennifer
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2000 at 4:30pm
Unless a woman has hair, a face, and a body very similar to Jane Fonda, she won't look like Jane Fonda!

Part of what makes a hairstyle of any length look good is how it fits in the "ensemble." A great-looking hairstyle on one person may look terrible on another.

A lot of people liked the ultra crop on Charlize Theron. Although I personally didn't care for it, it certainly looked fine on her. But put that same crop on a short, overweight woman with coarse facial features, and it will most likely look awful!

Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic