Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daveo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey
    Posted: August 21 2000 at 12:37am
Vote Better short or long/vote/opinions

Neve Campbell
Kristina wagner(felecia-GH)
Demi Moore
Pheobe Cates
Faith Hill
Cameron Diaz
Ashley Judd
Josie Bissett
Heather Locklear
Rebecca Demornay
Kristy Swanson
Meg Ryan

Celebrity who needs new do-Vote/opinions

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Brooke Sheilds
Sandra Bullock
Julia Roberts
Shania Twain
Uma Thurman
Jennifer Connelly
Julianna Margolis
Roma Downey
Peta Wilson
Wynona Ryder
Helen Hunt
Ann Heche
z-man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 3:18am
On 8/21/00 12:37:17 AM, Daveo wrote:

Neve Campbell - Long (The longer the better)
Kristina wagner(felecia-GH) - Short
Demi Moore - Shoulder length as in "Indecent proposal"
Pheobe Cates - Who cares
Faith Hill - a Chin length bob w/o bangs would be best
Cameron Diaz - Long
Ashley Judd - Short as in a pixie or a shag
Josie Bissett - She looks beautiful in any length, short if I have to vote
Heather Locklear - Shoulder length (layered), darker blonde too
Rebecca Demornay - Who Cares?
Kristy Swanson - Longer
Meg Ryan - Her signature 'do is perfect for her.

Jennifer Love Hewitt- She looks too young, blonde and a shorter 'do (chin to shoulder length) would look good on her
Shania Twain - She's a trendsetter so I think she'll have a new do when she resurfaces. Any thoughts on what?
Wynona Ryder - Needs to go longer with a new color, auburn w/highlights
Britney Spears - Her hair looks terrible lately. Cut it and darken it. It looks unhealthy.
Jennie Garth - Go for the longish pixie again. That was perfect on her.
Katie Holmes - Boring hair now. A Short Choppy Meg Ryan look w/ highlights would be best for her.
Jennifer Aniston - Keep it long but layer it so its fuller. A platinum blonde might be a good change for her too.
Sarah Michelle Gellar - She needs a good cut more than anyone. A short bob that is longer in front and shaved at the nape. (nothing severe) would make a sexy Buffy.
Mena Suvari - Blond and cut a couple inches below her shoulders would serve her well
Carl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 7:39am

Neve Campbell - long, she's not so beautiful to have short hair
Demi Moore - long or short, since it have bangs (the "ghost" look is the better)
Faith Hill - short, with no doubt
Cameron Diaz - short, like in "there's something about Mary"
Ashley Judd - short
Rebecca Demornay - I would like to see her with short hair in another situation than her role in "The Con"
Kristy Swanson - short or medium
Meg Ryan - there's a movie with James Caan in wich she's beautiful with long hair with curls. I don't know why, I don't like too much her signature style.

I would like very much to see these women in short hair:

Natalie Portman
Uma Thurman
Jennifer Connelly
Roma Downey
Madeleine Stowe
Angie Harmon
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Jennifer Lopez

Wynona Ryder and Ann Heche don't need to change. Short hair fits them well.

And yes, I also believe that Shania Twain is preparing a new look. I hope she cut her hair short.

As you can see, these are the opinions of a short hair lover, though I tried to be impartial. I love short hair, but not for all women in any case. To have a beautiful face is the first condition.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 1:48pm
Neve Campbell - Just above shoulder length
Kristina wagner(felecia-GH) - layered, not too short
Demi Moore - Any style
Pheobe Cates - Any Style
Faith Hill - above shoulder length
Cameron Diaz - short layered bob
Ashley Judd - any style
Josie Bissett - short layered hair
Heather Locklear - one length at the shoulders
Rebecca Demornay - below shoulders
Kristy Swanson - below shoulders
Meg Ryan - short, layered.

Jennifer Love Hewitt - needs short layered style, too cutsie as is.
Brooke Sheilds - short hair does not work for her, her hair should never be above her shoulders.
Sandra Bullock - needs something different, what she has now is not good.
Julia Roberts - changes frequently, doesn't matter what she does.
Shania Twain - looks like one of those girls who will never go short. could use a change.
Uma Thurman - looks good long
Jennifer Connelly - should NOT wear short hair, no change needed
Julianna Margolis - definately should NEVER wear short hair, no change needed
Roma Downey - no change needed
Peta Wilson - changed her hair a year ago, finally losing the super long hair, looks great.
Wynona Ryder - keep it short!
Helen Hunt - hair NOT "as good as it gets" and needs a change, any change, desperately.
Ann Heche - hair looks good anyway it is styled! (now that she has left Ellen DeGeneres, will she change back to straight?!?) ;)
Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 11:42pm
Neve Campbell- Long
Demi Moore- Medium ( like in " Indescent Proposal"
Pheobe Cates- Long
Faith Hill- Looks great either way.
Cameron Diaz- Short
Ashley Judd- short
Josie Bissett- Short
Heather Locklear- a little shorter
Rebecca Demornay- long
Meg Ryan- short
SD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2000 at 12:18pm
I only went with people I have seen recently.

Neve Campbell - Short shoulders/chin like P05 OK.
Cameron Diaz - Short like 'Mary.' The best so far.
No longer than shoulders, anyway.
Josie Bissett - Short pixie from MP
Heather Locklear - Longish, I can't see short.
Meg Ryan - keep the sig... I think it's fine.

Jennifer Love Hewitt - Do ANYTHING to not look 15! I can't
see it too short, but up to the
shoulders, that might work. I hate
JLH anyway. :)
Brooke Sheilds - I prefer short, but hers is awful!
Even shoulderlength is pushing it.
Sandra Bullock - chinlength... think Annie in 'Speed'
But anything straight is OK for her.
Wynona Ryder - Short, it'd be too weird otherwise :)
This 'normal' way is still the best.
Helen Hunt - Straight with bangs, anywhere from
chin to chest (like S2-4 of Mad
About U) Also loved it when I saw
it colored light brown. and no more
ugly Eurotrash looks like a bit ago!

Some confused person mentioned Britney Spears who wasn't even on this list... but I do agree. It looks bad at this length... I saw somewhere she likes this for dancing, but I'd guess she'd be better off with something short if she just cares about the dancing. But the original long did look fine also. The middle stuff looks like a mess half the time. So, yes, a change is probably called for, one way or the other.
hawgmag49 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawgmag49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2000 at 1:19am
Neve Campbell - shag
Kristina wagner(felecia-GH) - she looks great anyway she does it. watched her cut it the first time on camera and it was great short; next season, it's long again. she's been back and forth several times
Demi Moore - proved she can wear it anyway she wants when she shaved it all off in GI Jane. Funny that the only movies that did well at the box office had her in short hair
Pheobe Cates - chin length bob
Faith Hill - i loved her short cut but she looks better with those long curls
Cameron Diaz - she should stay with the "something about Mary" look
Ashley Judd - the shorter the better. i'd like to see her at about an inch all over
Josie Bissett - pixie
Heather Locklear - pixie
Rebecca Demornay - i like her, but i've never seen her with short hair; maybe it's time?
Kristy Swanson - long
Meg Ryan - short shag

Jennifer Love Hewitt - agree with everyone, she needs to do something.
Brooke Sheilds - i'm a true fan of short hair but she needs to stay on the long side of the fence
Sandra Bullock - i'd like to see her a little shorter than when she was on the bus
Julia Roberts - big curls
Shania Twain - i want her to do the Martina McBride thing
Uma Thurman - super short, her hair is so thin, any length just weights it down and it sticks to her head
Jennifer Connelly - not sure on this one.
Julianna Margolis - too many curls, relax and go shorter
Roma Downey - shag
Peta Wilson - read once that she wanted to try something real short but producers of Nikita said no; now that it's cancelled, maybe she'll do it. I think she'll look great with an inverted bob, buzzed nape
Wynona Ryder - too cute with short hair, needs to stay with it
Helen Hunt - first season of Mad About You was the best
Ann Heche - short short

I too am a short hair fan. I'd go crazy if one of the above women would go for a flattop.

Mark
Shea View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2000 at 2:49pm
Neve Campbell - short, for sure. I doubt there are any Canadians out there (or Americans with really interesting cable channels) who saw her on Catwalk (1991-ish). Long, greasy hair. I'm definitely going with short for her.

Demi Moore - hmm. I never really liked her short hair. But her long hair's a bit too much. Although, when it was about mid-length, it really emphasized her weird chin. So, uhh.. I guess either really long (with bangs!) or fairly short (~chin length!) looks best.

Faith Hill - I liked it when she cut it, because she shed that innocent, southern country singer sort of look, but now that she has it long again (and a tad different than before) I definitely prefer it this way.

Cameron Diaz - Around chin to shoulderlength.

Meg Ryan - again, chin to shoulder length. Her long hair was boring and made her look wimpy. I liked her hair when she had the whole bedhead look, but I like what she's been doing lately.

Jennifer Love Hewitt - ABSOLUTELY needs a new look. It's disgusting when celebrities do so many different movies and tv shows yet never ever do anything different. I mean, she even played Audrey Hepburn with the same lame hair. Come on, the new hairstyles are a part of the job description!

Brooke Shields could use something new, but I have a feeling she may not exactly suit short hair, so maybe we should be thankful she's kept it long.

Julia Roberts absolutely. Occasionally she'll try something new, only to grow it back again. At least she has different variations in different movies - colour, layers, etc (ahem, Jennifer Love Hewitt, are you listening??). Though, she has a small head, so probably wouldn't suit it too too short.

Uma Thurman - I really liked her hair in Pulp Fiction (and was let down to figure out it was a wig). Her long boring hair makes her look to boring and skinny. Sure, it looks amazing with the right lighting, but I couldn't help but be grossed out in The Truth about cats & dogs. Though.. I'm not sure how short hair would look (didn't she cut it a bit shorter when she was pregnant?). The other thing is that she has really fine hair so that makes problems too.

Wynona Ryder - I am getting bored of the short hair, but really, it's her best style.

Ann Heche - absolutely. And get some eyebrows while you're at it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic