Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lisa ling of "the view" on abc is going to cut her hair wednesday!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brulist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brulist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lisa ling of "the view" on abc is going to cut her hair wednesday!
    Posted: November 28 2000 at 12:31am
lisa ling on monday announced she's going to have her lovely mid-back length dark hair cut on the show on wednesday. maybe there's hope some fan mail will change her mind. you can write to her from this page at the show's site:

http://www.abc.go.com/theview/hosts/hosts.html

dan
Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2000 at 2:11pm
SHE IS DONATING IT TO LOCKS OF LOVE, A CHARITY THAT MAKES WIGS FOR SICK CHILDREN. THERE MINIMUM DONATION IS 9 INCHES.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2000 at 7:28am
Lunch at my house...11:00!!! BYOB... unless someone has a bigger TV than I.
Hal
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2000 at 11:29am
Mid back but will likely be top of shoulder tomarrow! Frizzy long bangs and layers around her face... Whats everyone think?
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2000 at 12:57pm
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2000 at 1:01pm
My cable went out right before the chop and I missed the whole thing. Does anybody know where I can get an 'after' photo or a video clip. I checked out the View's website and had no luck there.

Thanks,
Stu
jayman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2000 at 6:24pm
You think she'll cut more? I was really disappointed after it was finished. I hadn't thought about the time constraints. I really do hope that she cuts more because if not, then it was one of the most over hyped things I'd seen in a while.
rattlayitdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattlayitdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2000 at 6:19am
I thought it looked terrible, unfinished, like he just chopped away and left it. I thought it was well put when the other lady said it`ll look nice once we fix this...
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2000 at 1:24pm
Reply to message: 3.4446.1
Don`t get me wrong,
I like change.
I like short hair in general.

Lisa, you made a big mistake.
That hairdresser must not like you.
As I see it, you only have 2 choices,
Cut it off, short, and start over, or
grow it out, and have it look horrible in the interim.

Just god awful!
JAY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2000 at 3:00pm
Gak! It looked terrible. But did you see the dude who did the chop job on her. He had what looked like a knit tea cosy on his head and two scraggly braids that look like they were wrapped in red yarn from Grandma’s knitting bag. Sheesh. I thought these people got the best stylists available…
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2000 at 4:26pm
Do we have a pic anywhere or a link? This is the first I`ve heard of it.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 9:24am
It's fun reviving threads that are nearly eight years old. Does everyone remember when Lisa Ling got her hair cut on "The View?" I don't know if YouTube was around eight years ago, but here is the beginning of the cut on video:

Here are before and after shots:

And here is Lisa (in red) today with her hair as long as ever.

Who has more fun than people?
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 10:19am
The guy that cut her hair did a horrible job.  I did not mind her cutting it, but she should have gotten a better stylist.  Isn't hair that is being donated supposed to be in a ponytail or braid. 
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 4:11pm
Yeah, the dude just started whacking away and didn't bundle it in any way. She has gorgeous hair!
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 5:09pm
It is good to see her hair long again. I guess she wasn't happy with how her haircut turned out. Does anyone know if she is on t.v. anymore?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 7:54pm

Jared, check this site out

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005149/
HAWG
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 5:26pm
Thanks for the link HAWG.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic