Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Comments on JF`s new column

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comments on JF`s new column
    Posted: January 18 2001 at 1:16pm
First of all, what`s this "personal and professional" sissy kind of excuse? Come on, your kids can raise themselves, your wife can pick up extra batteries at the grocery store, and who cares if the mortgage gets paid anyway?! {grin}

Okay, I`m in a bit of a sassy mood today, so I hope no one takes this too seriously....

I was going to send a few comments on your column via e-mail, but I thought I`d "share" them with everyone. Btw, these really are just opinions and although rather pointed, I sincerely mean no offense to anyone.

Okay, your column`s been up for a week-and-a-half, and I just read it. Hey, I was busy downing bon-bons and catching up on the soaps -- okay?!

Cate Blanchett -- OUCH! on the super buzzcut. Without a doubt, she`s a beautiful woman. But without any hair at all, she looks WAY too tough. The brown wig -- well, my mom (in her early 60s) looks younger than this! What a horrible thing to do to such a lovely face. I`m certainly not fond of the 1.5" growing out "buzzcut," but honestly it looks better than the brown wig.

Rachel Leigh Cook -- I have no idea who this is, but as much as I prefer longer hair, her crop is better than the hair a couple of inches longer in the photo that you showed. That "straw" look just isn`t appealing to me.

Alyssa Milano -- LOVE the cut and length, but I think you`re right -- the color doesn`t look quite right on her. I think if she wants to stay blonde, an ashe blonde would be much better suited to her skin tone than the golden blonde.

Winona Ryder -- not bad, but her hair really needs some "style." Once it gets a bit longer, I think she`ll absolutely radiant!

Deborah Norville -- a lovely face so she can never really look "bad." But the longer hair on the picture on the left makes her look much more sexy, playful, and beautiful. But the photo on the right just looks like most generic anchorwomen. It isn`t a bad look, but it`s absolutely nothing special and does nothing to enhance her beauty.

Sarah Jessica Parker -- ouch. The lighter blonde really accentuates her wrinkles. I don`t care for the color in the least.

Tea Leoni -- generic entirely. I wouldn`t recognize her if she glided past me in the grocery store. I understand it`s for a movie role, but I certainly hope she wouldn`t choose that style herself!

Celine Dion/Betty Rubble -- good call! The new style is "okay," but nothing special. Absolutely better than the "crew cut" (yes, I know it wasn`t a crew cut, although a crew cut could arguably looked better...).

Shalom Harlow -- I`ve never seen her name or face before, but the cut does absolutely nothing for her.

In your column, you said: "it`s officially time for everyone else to take them [extensions] out because they generally don`t look good and always just bug the crap out of me"

Ha! Too bad, mister. I`m getting even LONGER ones in two weeks!

On your mystery celebrities -- for #2, there is absolutely no way to disguise this face. Yes it`s JT, but in #1, I have a feeling it`s someone with whom I`m not familiar at all. Actually, I`ve never heard of almost half the celebrities about whom you write! Ah well....

Jennifer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic