Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere`s Jerky Flea????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jenni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where`s Jerky Flea????
    Posted: June 14 2001 at 6:52pm
Reply to message: 3.5579.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.5578.1
Jenni,

Not to flame you, but you know NOTHING. Before JerkyFlea, there was nothing, Jerky never asked for a dime, or anything else in exchange for his witty commentary.

So what if his personal life gets buys, and his interests change. But I guess you only care about yourself. Your comment is as ignorant as you are stupid.

Go away, and never post here again.

I too am shocked by your post. I may not be a "veteran" but I do come to this site fairly often. I admit I like Jerky Flea`s columns too. But that doesn`t change the fact that he essentially screwed this board over by not being frank enough to just tell Karen and everyone else he wouldn`t be writing for her anymore. He left everyone else in the dark, which is, a) unprofessional and b)really selfish. So it appears that you are the ignorant one for defending someone without any ethics. Sorry to disappoint you with my second post. And thank you Susan for offering your viewpoint. It`s nice to know there are some sane ones out there!
Susan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 6:02pm
Reply to message: 3.5579.1
quote:

Jenni,

Not to flame you, but you know NOTHING. Before JerkyFlea, there was nothing, Jerky never asked for a dime, or anything else in exchange for his witty commentary.

So what if his personal life gets buys, and his interests change. But I guess you only care about yourself. Your comment is as ignorant as you are stupid.

Let me start by saying I always enjoyed the JF columns when he felt like writing them. Your post really was shocking. You obviously don`t have all the facts. JF DID ask for money for his columns for HB as Karen and Jeff have confirmed in the past on this very board. They always pay contributors of columns to this site as Jane Bullock and others have also confirmed on the various boards here. They also pay for all the photographers for the photos that are used in the galleries and any work from professional writers that contribute to the site. JF also received product samples and other favors from the site in exchange for his column. Not to mention lots of press and other kudos for being associated with this wonderful site. He also got bascially a free website and had total freedom with his column, which he was almost always late turning in as we all experienced first hand as readers of the column. In fact how many times have people on this board asked when he would post his next column. Basically when he felt like it should have been the answer.

Karen was writing celebrity news before JF about the same time he was getting started. She was even featured in Self Magazine for an article she did on celebrity hair many years ago. She was nice enough to take him in and support him when the WW Beauty site dumped him because he was always late w/ his columns and was considered a problem to that site by Mickael & Ace. She stepped aside for him and stopped writing about celebrity hair. So there was something here long before JF and Karen was that person.

Jeff and Karen totally bent over backwards for Mr. Jerky Flea and he indeed did not tell them first that he was bored and not wanting to do the column. He told Gord who posted that JF was tired of the column. They found out from Gord`s post on their own messageboards that JF was not doing the column anymore. How would you like to find out something that way? You also know NOTHING. Who gives you the right to tell anyone not to post here. Do you own this board? Do you own this site? Before you attack someone maybe you should check the facts.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 3:06pm
Jenni,

Jenni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 2:50pm
I say let this new guy show us what he`s got. I`d like it if no one ever posted another word about Jerky Flea. He is indeed like his name...a Jerk and also a complete FLAKE. He doesn`t give a rats ass about this board, so why should anyone waste their time with posts like "Where`s Jerky Flea?" He doesn`t even have the decency to tell Karen and others that he won`t be writing any more columns and leaves everyone else hanging too. Out with the old, In with the new!!!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2001 at 10:00pm
Reply to message: 3.5546.1
I totally agree with Dave with his comments. I think the hair boutique would certainly make an excellent choice in candidate by choosing T.A. Arceneau.
I found the article very light, humerous and certainly with lots of creativity. It clearly showed that this person wouldn`t have any problems entertaining us and would certainly add more richness to the web site for sure.
dianefromcanada
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2001 at 7:21pm
Reply to message: 3.5532.1
I would like to offer an opinion counter to that of Stu.

I think that T.A. Arceneau`s article was very-well written, and I think he made his point very clearly and with humor. I see *great* potential for T.A. Arceneau to respectably fill JF`s shoes. And on that note, I would like to encourage T.A. Arceneau to continue writing and to share with us his (or her?) next "roasted offering" (bad attempt at a topical pun).
KAREN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 7:02pm
Reply to message: 3.5532.1
quote:

Stu originally wrote:
No offense, but this guy sucks. I could care less about Al Sharpton and whether or not he wears a piece.
Has this guy read one post on the board? Show me where there's a pots about Sharpton. Please write about of the celebrities being discussed on the board\

Thanks,

Stu

Dear Stu

TA`s first article was not specifically designed to be a JF replacement article...just something he had already been working on. We decided to post it since Jeff and I actually liked it. TA`s article was about something he found personally bizarre and was not specifically designed to be focused at anything related to this board.

I will be sure that TA sees your comments. His first JF replacement article was going to be about the recent MTV awards with comments about the various stars that are talked about on this board. However if you think his writing sucks maybe we should tell him not to bother.

If anyone would like to step up to the plate and submit a column we would love to have it. At this point no one is volunteering.

Karen

TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Stu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:06pm
No offense, but this guy sucks. I could care less about Al Sharpton and whether or not he wears a piece.
Has this guy read one post on the board? Show me where there`s a pots about Sharpton. Please write about of the celebrities being discussed on the board\

Thanks,

Stu
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 2:43am
Reply to message: 3.5510.1
quote:

tony9999 originally wrote:
Karen & Jeff,

What about an open competition for JF's spot? Let all of us submit an article and the winner gets the monthly column....

Hi,

Jeff and I would love for anyone who is interested in replacing JerkyFlea to submit columns. We would be willing to do a competition if that is something people would be interested in. Or we would be willing to look at any submissions from interested parties.

We do have a replacement...sort of....in the form of TA Arceneau. His first column about TV ministers - Does God Have A Comb-over - is now posted on the front page of HairBoutique.com. (In fact, I just noticed that one of the photos is not working. UGH.)

However, Jeff and I are definitely open to other suggestions. The main thing we need is someone that will be consistent and be willing to send in columns on a monthly or close to monthly basis. That takes a lot of time and work so it is defnitely not for the faint hearted.

TA is a writer by profession. However, although we asked him to step up and write a celebrity hair column, he told me he would be OK writing about other stuff if someone else had more of a burning desire to do the celebrity hair stuff.

If you have suggestions, ideas or want to post a trial column email me at shelton@hairboutique.com.

Best wishes & thanks for the interest.
Karen
(Off to fix the front page photos)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
tony9999 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 7:27pm
Karen & Jeff,

What about an open competition for JF`s spot? Let all of us submit an article and the winner gets the monthly column....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 9:39am
Reply to message: 3.5508.1
Thanks Karen for the clarification. It`s fun to look at JF`s old columns from time to time. This is a great site, and the best board. Keep up the great work.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 6:45am
Reply to message: 3.5507.1
Thanks Bob. Appreciate the vote of support.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 10:42pm
Karen and Jeff, you guys rock! Keep up the good work! This is one of the best run and maintained sites that I visit. Thanks for the info and entertainment.
KAREN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 8:35pm
Reply to message: 3.5501.1
quote:

Gord originally wrote:
Jerky Flea told me that he didn't have the time and hardly had the interest to do the column, but I hope you folks retain the site. Why wouldn't you? There are tons of visitors and participants. After all, how else would you folks be able to tell me about all your celebrity longhair sightings?

Hi Gord,

Neither Jeff nor I have heard anything from JF by email, phone or otherwise for literally months. However, we are getting lots of email asking about this board and whether it should be renamed since JF has not communicated in a long time or sent a new column.

Jeff and I are planning on keeping this board although we did change the name slightly. We originally named this board in honor of JF because he specifically asked us to create the board and promised to be active. With his prolonged and obvious absence we decided to change it a little by renaming it. This cuts down the confusion hopefully.

Also, we removed links to the JF column from the top button of the HB.com page and at the bottom. The reason is because it has been so long since JF has sent a column that newcomers constantly are emailing and they want to know the scoop. Rather than constantly try to explain it, Jeff and I decided to move the JF links under Columnists on the left side of the front page. They will remain there permanently. That way, it is easy to find for people who know about JF but doesn`t look like we are not keeping up the site. As many of you know, we at HB.com try to update the site at least once a week and sometimes more often. With no new JF columns it was better to move the pages to a different area since we were unable on our own to update the columns.

We are keeping all the columns as they are and will not be removing them or altering them in any way. So JF will live on at HB.com indefinitely. Sort of like Charles Shultz and Peanuts. :-)

As Jeff mentioned in a previous post....we have a possible stand in for the JF columns. His first column...Does God Have A Combover is on my desk as we speak. He also personally knows Mickey Rourke and is working on several interesting columns about celebrity hair from his own unique & twisted perspective.

Please know that Jeff and I would have done whatever we could to keep JF contributing his column and for the last column we did several things to try and offload some of the work from JF`s plate due to family considerations.

Unfortunately he has not communicated with either Jeff or I for months and so we are moving ahead the best way we know how.

We are definitely not closing this board. I personally read it every day and lurk in the shadows.

Thanks for caring and being there.

Best wishes,
Karen
KAREN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 8:19pm
Reply to message: 3.5499.1
quote:

Reply to message: 3.5498.1
If you also look on the hairboutique.com homepage, all references to Jerky Flea are gone, no links, nothing. Too bad. We will all miss the Flea. Thanks for the memories, it was great while it lasted. Considering how short some things last on the internet, it was great to have columns from Jerky Flea for parts of three years.

We'll miss you JF! Good luck and God bless.

Actually all links, references to JerkyFlea are not gone as you mention.

Although JerkyFlea`s column is no longer linked directly from the top of HB.com or from the bottom of the front page, his column is still linked from the side bar under columnists on the left of the front page.

All of the columns are still there that have been published by HB.com from the very beginning until his last column.

So please note that although JF has been moved from the front page, due to his decision to not send columns, he is still part of HB.com.

Thanks,
Karen Shelton
shelton@hairboutique.com

Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 6:32pm
Reply to message: 3.5502.1
Actually, we think we have a replacement lined up. We`ll see if it works out.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
demodoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 5:54pm
Yes, please retain the site. Jerky Flea is what got me here in the first place but there is a lot more going on here than just the column, although I must say I do miss it terribly. It could certainly brighten up an otherwise dull day. Perhaps someone else could try writing one?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Gord View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 5:36pm
Jerky Flea told me that he didn`t have the time and hardly had the interest to do the column, but I hope you folks retain the site. Why wouldn`t you? There are tons of visitors and participants. After all, how else would you folks be able to tell me about all your celebrity longhair sightings?
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 2:32pm
Reply to message: 3.5499.1
quote:

If you also look on the hairboutique.com homepage, all references to Jerky Flea are gone, no links, nothing. Too bad. We will all miss the Flea. Thanks for the memories, it was great while it lasted. Considering how short some things last on the internet, it was great to have columns from Jerky Flea for parts of three years.

We'll miss you JF! Good luck and God bless.

The future of the JerkyFlea column is currently in question. We have no definative answer to what will happen, but we are working on it.

Hope to know more soon and share it with all of you.

Meanwhile... You are all welcome to participate in this forum and share your thoughts, view, outrage, etc. at what the celebrities are doing to their hair.

Best Wishes...

Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
ssjockey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2001 at 9:42am

We`ll miss you JF! Good luck and God bless.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic