Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Gayle Haircut--Well, sort of, but don`t be alarmed.
    Posted: June 08 2001 at 1:22pm
Miss Gayle appeared on "Fox & Friends" on the Fox News Channel on Friday, June 8, to sing a song from her new children`s album, "In My Arms." In response to a question from one of the anchors, she said that she had cut her hair some. Before anyone has a coronary, it is about knee length. Frankly, I thought the bottom 18" or so looked pretty thin and stringy. At the risk of offending both the "wear it long" and "cut it short" camps, I think it would look better trimmed to her waist. As JF has observed, it is her signature look--she`d be foolish to cut it short. But the bottom didn`t look very good. This may be a function of her age and the difficulty of keeping such long hair in good condition--she is 50 this year, and I would assume that by now she is coloring it regularly.

BTW, the lady still has a great set of pipes.
Durango
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2001 at 5:27pm
I agree!

I think long hair becomes most women and very long hair is all too rare. It is also Crystal`s trademark. On the other hand, I agree that the ends of her hair have looked thin and unhealthy. Personally, I think thigh length (still incredibly long) would suit her best.

Do you know of any recent pictures?
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2001 at 7:04pm
Reply to message: 3.5516.1
While I am a short hair lover, I agree that it is her trade mark. Though I think a cut to the waist would keep her trademark and at the same time bring her new publicity. It would also bring her a better looking head of hair - it is very straggly and looks nasty.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2001 at 10:07pm
I agree too. How on earth could she keep all that mess clean????
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:00pm
Reply to message: 3.5516.1
Try the attached URL`s.
Durango
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:10pm
Reply to message: 3.5531.1
Aargh! Take the semicolons off the URL`s; otherwise, you will get a syntax error. Sorry!

Durango
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 6:13pm
Reply to message: 3.5533.1
Second URL:
Durango
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic