Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Looks So Much Better!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Looks So Much Better!!!
    Posted: June 16 2001 at 5:08pm
I am so happy to see that Katie is growing her hair longer. Long hair is the hallmark of an intelligent, sophisticated and civilized female. I am sure that is the image NBC wants for its flagship show. It sets the proper example for the women of America. Now is just the beginning. Let`s see how creative she get with it. Keep up the good work, Katie!! You`re gorgeous!!
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2001 at 7:16pm
Reply to message: 3.5602.1
Do you really believe the garbage you wrote? Did you really mean to imply that only women with long hair are intelligent, sophisticated and civilized? Do you really believe that there is only one "proper example" of how women should wear their hair? I have been a short hair lover since I was a teenager but I would never imply that my likes and dislikes are the only way that things should be. Don`t you know that variety is the spice of life. I feel sorry for you if this is your thinking - it must be a dark and dreadful life for you.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2001 at 2:25pm
Reply to message: 3.5603.1
Dittos Jes
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2001 at 2:27pm

Are you serious David Justin Lynch?? Sounds like satire I hear in your voice.
Puleeeze View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puleeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2001 at 10:15pm
Reply to message: 3.5607.1
Katie looked hot with her hair short and perky. Katie looks hot period. With long hair or short.
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 4:09pm
I suppose there is an outside chance that Katie might show up tomorrow with a new look. She`s been out for the past week and half. I don`t believe she has been on air since she was covering the McVeigh execution and her hair tied back. I hope not, but it is possible.

Ben
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 6:01pm
I would love to see her come back with her pixie.... I think she looks old and drawn out and nothing I hear will change my mind......
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2001 at 6:30pm
Reply to message: 3.5602.1
Long hair is the hallmark of an intelligent, sophisticated and civilized female.

David get your typing fingers back to the politic board and discuss this stupidity. Since when brains cells or whatever is associated with hair for goodness sakes. If long hair sets a proper example for the women of America then it really doesn`t say much about your country. Heard your same story for what about 3 or 4 years now. You play the same lines over and over again.
I think you are just trying to get our goat and seriously don`t believe in it. Obviously someone didn`t use their hair to whip you in place lol
dianefromcanada
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2001 at 3:14pm
Reply to message: 3.5630.1
I guess she didn`t get it cut over her break. If anything I thought it looked longer although a lot of that has to do with the way it is styled.

For the record I like her with longer hair better.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 3:22pm
Reply to message: 3.5603.1
Yes, I am serious. I realize my viewpoint in unpopular, but I am entitled to hold and express my viewpoint, just as others are who differ with me. It is diversity of opinions that makes this country what it is.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 11:26pm
Reply to message: 3.5679.1
Yes David,

You ARE entitled to your opinion, but I think everyone has a proble with the way you expressed your opinion. You stated it as a fact. You may think long hair is more civilized in the same manner that many female news anchors have the long bob/pageboy cut (Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, etc.) But think about what you said. People should not be judged by how they look. If you heard music on the radio, and you loved it, only to find out the singer was a woman with very short hair, would you then not like the music anymore?

I think to equate the length of hair with anything other than looks is judgemental, and not particularly fair, in my opinion. In my opinion, it is allright to say that you think Katie looks more civilized and intelligent with long hair, but not allright to say women with long hair are more intelligent and civilized.
dckc4 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dckc4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2001 at 5:30pm
Hi this is the first time that i have been on this hair talk board, i really like it! :-)
i have a question on this topic:
Who is this Katie person??
I would really like to know who everyone is talking about! Thanks! :-) dckc4
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2001 at 10:28pm
Reply to message: 3.5728.1
Katie Couric

Today Show

NBC

7AM to 10AM

She`s the cute, perky one
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2001 at 3:41pm
Reply to message: 3.5679.1
Having viewpoints is one thing David Justin Lynch. Your logic is like saying all blonds are more intelligent than brunettes etc and once you become a blond you will gain more intelligence. Long hair or short hair has nothing to do with being elegant or whatever. This reminds me a bit of a girlfriend of mine viewpoints. She insists that that boys are more trouble than girls and I argued that it has nothing to do with boys or girls but everything to do with personality. Just wait I tell her that I was at the horse race with 72 kids the other day and it was two girls that was giving me problems not the boys lol.
It is the same with your viewpoints David. Maybe a long hair woman was nice to you and a short hair woman was nasty toward you but you cannot classified all lenght in a boat and say " long hair women are better". Being a long hair female I am appauled by your viewpoints.
dianefromcanada
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2001 at 8:30pm
Of all aspects of a woman`s appearance, hair is the one over which she has the most control. A woman`s hair expresses who she is. My point is simply that yes, a woman has the right to decide her hairstyle. On this you and I agree. Where we part company is whether men have the right to not deal with women based on hair, short or long. I choose to be married to a woman with long blonde hair. Why am I not entitled to that choice?
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2001 at 10:29pm
Reply to message: 3.5973.1
In the past, David, you`ve claimed to be a lawyer. Thank heavens you`re not my lawyer, because you`ve proven time and time again that you`re not too bright!

No one ever said you were not entitled to the choice of marrying a woman with long hair. Your mind is so twisted that now you`re twisting arguments.

>>Hair is the one over which she has the most control.

Oh, definitely! Perhaps the asylum chooses your clothes for you each morning, but the rest of us make choices.

Of course we all have preferences. However, you are making judgments about a person`s inherent nature based on something as superficial as length of hair. Thank you for proving that interbreeding in families can and does occur!

Personally, I think you`re a closet lover of buzzcuts on women. You utter such ridiculous garbage intended to infuriate long-haired women in the hopes that they`ll cut it all off just to spite you.

Dream on! Considering what you think is important in life, dreams are probably all you have in life.

Jennifer

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2001 at 12:13am
Reply to message: 3.5973.1
David,

You do have the right to be married to a woman with long, blonde hair, but what happens if she cuts her hair, or God forbid, some accident befalls her and her hair has to be cut short? Do you then leave her because she no longer has long hair? Would she have to wear a wig? Does a haircut change the woman you love? Do you love her, or her hair? If you love her hair, and cant love her with short hair, then buy a wig, it has a better chance of being faithful to you.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2001 at 4:33am
Reply to message: 3.5976.1
ssjockey -- what a wonderful suggestion that David find a wig to love! He could buy the one with the longest synthetic hair in the world and then live happily ever after now that he`s found intellectual stimulation with his soulmate.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2001 at 8:51am
"Long hair is the hallmark of an intelligent, sophisticated and civilized female"... this is the statement that bugs me. Surely no one really believes that... David if infact you are even married will your dream wife be dumber if she cut her hair?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2001 at 6:25am
Katie Couric has trimmed her hair to her shoulders, the first noticible cut since letting it grow. Looks healthier and she`s not tipping her head to the right all the time to keep the grown-out bangs out of her eyes. It`s pretty significant that she went with a trim and not back to her formerly trademark short cut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic