Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garbage Singer Shirley Manson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garbage Singer Shirley Manson
    Posted: July 02 2001 at 3:27pm
Garbage singer Shirley Manson got her beautiful red shoulder length hair cut into a punkish mullet. It seems to be buzz cut on one side. What was she thinking???? I hope her hair grows very fast. Click on the link to see.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2001 at 5:55pm
Reply to message: 3.5755.1
Perhaps part of the "buzz" in preparation for the release of a new album? A sorry joke.

It`s about time for Version 3.0 or whatnot, right?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2001 at 8:14pm
For an even bigger impact of the tragic change, visit this link.
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2001 at 9:54pm
Reply to message: 3.5760.1
I had a friend who had gorgeous blonde shoulder length hair - then one day she buzzed her hair on one side and dyed it purple - later I found out she was into drugs. Seeing Shirley`s haircut reminded me of my friend`s hair-disaster.
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 12:58pm
So you suggest that all women with short hair are drug addicts. You`re sick pal.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 4:10pm
Ok, I`ll go out on the limb, I like the short cut.... The before picture looks like a shaggy dog look.

I know I`ll take abuse for this opinion.....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 5:23pm
Reply to message: 3.5755.1
I think she looks gorgeous. She`s no stranger to the "buzz". Remember her wielding the clippers in the 1995 video for "Queer"? Why the controversy though, her former scraped-back look was so ordinary.
phil
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 7:27pm
Reply to message: 3.5778.1
Lev,
No, of course not. I do not think that women with short hair are drug users and I don`t think my original post suggested that. I just said it reminded me of this person I knew - could this be related to drugs - maybe, maybe not - who knows? The reference I was trying to make is that it looks bad like my friend`s. Sorry to offend you - by the way - I like short hair on women (though not buzzed)
Madge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2001 at 3:29pm
Here`s another more recent picture of Shirley. It`s really bad. I pray this is a wig, but I don`t think it is.
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2001 at 8:06am
Reply to message: 3.5982.1
I hope that it isn`t a wig because I think it looks hot! Very Sexy!!!
Caitlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caitlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2001 at 4:29pm
Wow, she looks so awesome there! I love it!
Allie5178 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allie5178 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 10:30am
Reply to message: 3.5778.1
I think maybe what they were suggesting is that people whoh buzz half their head and dye their hair purple are into drugs, and I`m pretty sure Shirley Manson is into drugs, so it makes sense. They made a valid statement and explanation as to why she may have done what she did to look so horrible.
Madge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 10:35am
How do you know Shirley is into drugs?? I have never heard before that she is into drugs. Maybe you are confusing her with Courtney Love????? Just because someone wants to look unconventional does not mean they use drugs; by the same token same very normal looking people in suits are heavy drug users. So what they said made no sense whatsoever.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2001 at 7:26pm
See URL below for more images of Shirley`s new do. Boy, is it short! And it makes her look old, doesn`t it?
IAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 10:35pm
Reply to message: 3.6416.1
ummm......I think the fact that she doesn`t appear to have eyebrows is what makes her look so strange.
Wannacut View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannacut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2001 at 7:57am
She was on BBC Radio 1 the other day and when asked about her new haircut she said that she was in the Mid West of the USA and had her hair coloured and it turned green! The only she could sort it was to get it cropped. In saying that she has her hair almost buzzed at the back and sides with kind of log bangs dropping over her face in the new video for Androgyny. I think she looks fantastic.
Martine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2001 at 6:53am
I thought the ponytail look about a year ago was so cool
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2001 at 6:32pm
I agree, Natasha, it`s *awful!* Those layers just emphasize the scrawny features I never knew she had. Shirley , Grow it! Now!
phil
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2001 at 6:33pm
I agree, Natasha, it`s *awful!* Those layers just emphasize the scrawny features I never knew she had. Shirley , Grow it! Now!
phil
slimytoad View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimytoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2001 at 7:36am
Shirley appeared on BBC1`s Top of the Pops this Friday, playing Garbage`s new single Androgeny...

She still has the crazy punkish haircut, but instead of growing it out it appeared to be even shorter than it seemed in the previous pictures. The sides and back were buzzed right down to a number 1 or 2, and the huge orange mop on top of her head was styled forwards over her face.

It`s quite a while since the original pictures appeared on the net and the video has been on TV for several weeks, so it looks like Shirley is becoming quite attached to her zany `do rather than trying to grow it out as soon as possible...

And this confirms that it is indeed her real hair and not just a Butch Wig ;o) hohoho
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic