Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole Kidman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicole Kidman
    Posted: August 03 2001 at 12:54am
the linked image is a picture of Nicole Kidman from the premiere of her new movie "The Others".

I don`t know if it was cut, or pinned up as it was during the filming of the movie.

Anyways, she looks awesome, as usual, in any hairstyle!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2001 at 6:31am
We can only hope... but I think not
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2001 at 2:48pm
Reply to message: 3.6064.1
It looks pinned up.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 6:37am
Reply to message: 3.6069.1
Over the weekend I saw NK at 3 or 4 different events and her hair was different at each of them, but each time pinned up and combed out to appear shorter. Think she is getting a feeling for shorter hair before a style change or just being creative?
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 1:15pm
Reply to message: 3.6110.1
Hopefully a feeling for short hair - I think she looks great in a bob
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 2:16pm
Reply to message: 3.6116.1
It sure would be interesting because, Over the years I don`t recall her ever having shorter than shoulder length hair!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 6:04pm
Nicole is scheduled to be interviewed by Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America Tuesday. In the promo, she had long hair. The promo looked like the interview would be presented taped, unless it was from a previous Sawyer-Kidman interview.
Spunky Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spunky Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 6:58pm
Reply to message: 3.6061.1
I love that hairstyle - no matter if the real hair is long or shorter than before.
Catherine_Wheel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine_Wheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 2:05pm
From imdb.com

Recently divorced actress Nicole Kidman is making mental and physical transformations for her role as Virginia Woolf - including having to wear a prosthetic nose. The actress is also hiding her trademark auburn hair under a dull grey wig, but she`s more than happy with the less than flattering transformation. In fact, once she`s finished this movie, she`s looking forward to a more permanent transformation. She says, "I`m totally comfortable with my nose. It`s right for me and for the character - part of finding and helping to convey the essence of Virginia, but it`s not a big issue. I keep forgetting about it. And all my hair`s going to come off. Right now I`ve just shoved it up under my grey. I must be the only actress actually asking for grey. But after this movie it`s getting the chop - it`s gone."
hairmonitor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 4:30pm
How short is she going to go is the question...if she says that all her hair is going to come off, does she mean a super short pixie (I mean Hudson Leick/Marla Maples/Cady McClain short), or just a bob?
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 10:37pm
Reply to message: 3.6287.1
As much as I would love to she Nicole with short hair I don`t she her going very short. Plus they my have not quoted her right. It`s happened before, or she could have just been joking. With hair as sexy as hers and as long as she has had it long and not given into to temptation why now other then because of the divorce? I`m sure Dave and ssJockey would freak out if she did chop her hair. When does she finish this movie?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 12:07am
Reply to message: 3.6293.1
When you say I would freak out, you must be thinking of Gord, not me. I would LOVE to see Nicole with say, a short, layered bob that would show off her beautiful face!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 2:03am
Reply to message: 3.6294.1
Sorry I got confused, ssjockey!! I`ll get it right next time:)
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 5:46pm
Reply to message: 3.6110.1
I thought she looked brilliant with long ringlets in the film "Bangkok Hilton" That`s the look I always associate her with. However, post divorce, I think she`d benefit from a radical departure - an ultra short pixie, now that would be something!
phil
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 6:41pm
Reply to message: 3.6293.1
quote:
shorthair75_2000 originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.6287.1
As much as I would love to she Nicole with short hair I don't she her going very short. Plus they my have not quoted her right. It's happened before, or she could have just been joking. With hair as sexy as hers and as long as she has had it long and not given into to temptation why now other then because of the divorce? I'm sure Dave and ssJockey would freak out if she did chop her hair. When does she finish this movie?

Freak out? No, I don`t think so. (you obviously don`t know me very well). Would I be "visually" pleased? Nope. But shtuff happens! ;-)

In a way her talk is not surprising... taking such an action is not terribly uncommon for women going through divorce. Sort of the "my hubby loved my hair long and since he`s gone, so is the hair" attitude... oftentimes (but not always) after the whack, the women realize that their ex wasn`t the only one who appreciated their long hair -- they themselves did, too.

Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2001 at 2:09pm
Reply to message: 3.6285.1
The quotes from IMBD are very interesting. The quotes are quite provocative.

But here is what I`m left wondering about, if she is wearing a wig for this role in Virginia Wolfe, then why does she have to wait to get her hair cut short. Anyone have any answers to that?

Ben
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2001 at 8:25pm
Freaking out? Moi? If you get a chance, though, please check out the cover of this week`s People Magazine and tell me honestly if you truly believe Nicole would look better with short hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2001 at 5:59am
Reply to message: 3.6306.1
I don`t know about bette, but it would be intresting to see what she would look like with short hair. I do like her long sexy red curly hair though and she did look good when she trimed it to her shoulders a long time ago.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2001 at 8:16am
Reply to message: 3.6306.1
quote:

Gord originally wrote:
Freaking out? Moi? If you get a chance, though, please check out the cover of this week's People Magazine and tell me honestly if you truly believe Nicole would look better with short hair.

Yes
Paco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2001 at 7:33pm
Yes, I think she definitely will look amazing with short hair. How `bout a cut à la Charlize Theron in The Astronaut`s wife?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic