Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Pixie Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jan4839 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan4839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2001 at 8:01pm
Reply to message: 3.6207.1
Jamie-Lee Curtis or Charlize Theron
hairmonitor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2001 at 8:53pm
Here is the link to a pic of Cady McClain (Dixie from All My Children)`s pixie (she had it for about 2 years then grew it out to a bob, then she grew it to the shoulder length style she has now):
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2001 at 10:45pm
Well, let`s not forget longtime pixie wearer Lorrie Morgan, or how about Kimberly Foster a few years ago? And not so long ago, how about Asha Blake, Elizabeth Vargas, Cynthia Nixon, Katie Couric, Ann Curry, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire just to name a few. And IMO, Fiona Hutchison is looking damn fine these days too. And while I`m at One Life to Live, how about Hillary B. Smith, Kassie DePaiva, Linda Dano, and former alums, Tonya Walker and Robin Strasser. So many pixies, so little time. I can`t pick just one.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2001 at 7:09am
I think we missed Annie Potts right after designing women....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2001 at 10:51am
Reply to message: 3.6214.1
Teri Hatcher, Dana Delaney
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2001 at 4:04pm
Reply to message: 3.6216.1
and Janine Turner
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2001 at 4:34pm
Charlize Teron, Halle Berry, Natalie Raitano, Emmanuelle Beart, Kate Moss and Pamela Gidley.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 7:13am
Reply to message: 3.6207.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.6205.1
her first pixie on melrose was great, the last one, a disaster.

I wouldn't call the short haircut on Christina Applegate a true pixie, although short, is my favorite look of hers!

I have never seen Ms. Applegate w/ a pixie... please send me a pic or post a link Hamick@aol.com
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 10:07am
Reply to message: 3.6225.1
In about 1995, when she was making "Married with Children", Christina Applegate decided to cut her hair short in response to all the damage she had inflicted on it in the prior years. Sorry, I don`t have a pic, but I`m sure there is a fansite out there with one.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 1:21pm
Reply to message: 3.6228.1
Looked at many websites, I could only find this short cut. http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/chrisapp/ca155.jpg

Not a pixie by any means but still cute. Hopefully someone can find the pixie cut.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 1:44pm
Reply to message: 3.6233.1
quote:

loveshort&blonde originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.6228.1
Looked at many websites, I could only find this short cut. http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/chrisapp/ca155.jpg

Not a pixie by any means but still cute. Hopefully someone can find the pixie cut.

Actually, there wasn`t a pixie. That`s as short as it got.
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 2:11pm
I remember that style, was it ever any shorter?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 2:25pm
Yup, that`s it, might have been a little shorter, at it`s shortest.
Xylotomy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xylotomy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2001 at 8:20pm
It *was* borderline at best that you could call it a pixie, but I swear I remember one or two episodes of MWC where it looked more like that. You are right, usually it had that weird hanging-down thing in the back... so... stay up late watching MWC reruns til you catch it! :)
pixielover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixielover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2001 at 11:56am
Reply to message: 3.6219.1
quote:

Rod originally wrote:
Charlize Teron, Halle Berry, Natalie Raitano, Emmanuelle Beart, Kate Moss and Pamela Gidley.

I would love to see a picture of Emanuelle Berat and Pamela Gidley. I can`t seem to find one
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2001 at 7:15pm
Carolyn Murphy
xoom!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2001 at 7:43pm
For Pamela Gidley see the movie "Liebestraum" (1991). Here`s a picture of Emmanuelle Béart:
hairmonitor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmonitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2001 at 8:45am
To the person who listed the good track record One Life To Live: I would like to counter by saying that All My Children has a just as good, if not a better, track record when it comes to pixies with Julia Barr, Cady McClain, Linda Dano, TC Warner and Rosa Nevin. Any comments?
Mel Snow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2001 at 6:44am
How about Sarah O`Hare. She was like Cosmopolitan`s poster girl for the pixie for years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic