Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

False Reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: False Reports
    Posted: January 06 2002 at 10:23pm
First Catherine Zeta Jones, then Katie Holmes and now Britney Spears. All were reported on this site as having changed their hairstyles. In reality, there has been no evidence presented. Who`s next? I`m not the monitor, but I vote that we keep it to the facts and I recommend that the monitor delete false reports to eliminate rumor and innuendo, while keeping this space newsworthy and factual. Goodness, the Katie Holmes thread has 17 comments. And by all accounts she was wearing a wig.
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 1:32am
Hey Gordo, quit being such a weenie. You know you want to be the monitor on this board in the worst way. Just please shut up and get a life.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Stu Stu wrote:

Hey Gordo, quit being such a weenie. You know you want to be the monitor on this board in the worst way. Just please shut up and get a life.

Yeah, that`s it. Slams at me are way more productive than false reports about hairstyle changes that haven`t taken place.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 9:44am
Aren`t extensions false hair? If so, is it O. K. to report on celebrities who wear them?

Anytime a celebrity cuts her hair or puts on a (short)wig, you act as if it`s a personal attack on your psyche. Then you start throwing your weight around like you`re some self-appointed Joan Rivers: you attack the celebrity, the show she appears on, and the folks who happen to like the change. When a recipient of your *****iness swings back, you cry foul and get all poopy-pants about it. And ya know, I`m not sure whether this is "productive" (whatever the f.... that means), but I`ll repeat a sentiment aforementioned: get a gawddamned life!

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 9:55am
Gord,

You are right in saying that too many people are ready to spell the demise of long hair on ANY celebrity. However, we must remember this is the internet, the home of false rumors. Remember when that one person swore that Jane Seymour cut her hair when everyone else knew it was a wig!

I don`t think most people do it on purpose. I will say that trying to get people to stop posting false rumors on the internet is as likely as getting you to think that Jane Seymour would look good in short hair!
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 12:44pm
Jane`s hair has gotten shorter and I don`t mind the rumor`s It`s the fun of this whole thing...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2002 at 8:53pm
Aw come on - we all know those rumours are just to get Gord uptight - seems to be working...wags
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Ononotdon Ononotdon wrote:

Aren't extensions false hair? If so, is it O. K. to report on celebrities who wear them?

Anytime a celebrity cuts her hair or puts on a (short)wig, you act as if it's a personal attack on your psyche. Then you start throwing your weight around like you're some self-appointed Joan Rivers: you attack the celebrity, the show she appears on, and the folks who happen to like the change. When a recipient of your *****iness swings back, you cry foul and get all poopy-pants about it. And ya know, I'm not sure whether this is "productive" (whatever the f.... that means), but I'll repeat a sentiment aforementioned: get a gawddamned life!

By the way, the other names I use on Hair Talk boards are Ontonodon and Stu
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 1:38am
OK - Gord, of the three lives...wags
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Aren't extensions false hair? If so, is it O. K. to report on celebrities who wear them?

Anytime a celebrity cuts her hair or puts on a (short)wig, you act as if it's a personal attack on your psyche. Then you start throwing your weight around like you're some self-appointed Joan Rivers: you attack the celebrity, the show she appears on, and the folks who happen to like the change. When a recipient of your *****iness swings back, you cry foul and get all poopy-pants about it. And ya know, I'm not sure whether this is "productive" (whatever the f.... that means), but I'll repeat a sentiment aforementioned: get a gawddamned life!

Well Gordo, I can`t blame you for using my name. If I were you I would want to be someone else as well - someone who isn`t a major league loser. And what better person to pretend to be than me. There`s so many upsides to being me.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 1:02pm
Hey, let`s stop all the bashing shall we? We`ve been down this road many times before. There are all the folks that think women look better with short hair and Jane Seymour is just deluding herself that her long locks look good. Then there are those who think long hair rules and that every inch that Portia Di Rossi loses is the equivalent of losing a finger. Finally, there are those of us in the middle that like a little of both and watch the war of words with amusement until it turns ugly. Which it has again.

Be careful or Karen and Jeff may take their ball and go home. =)

Later,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 3:37pm
I don`t get why anyone would get in a tizzy about how someone else looks, or how anyone thinks they look.

This is the one section of the board where the topic seems to be mostly Babe Watch by guys, rather than actual just hair discussion.

I enjoy looking at pictures and updates on celebrities as much as anyone but it`s just observation - I don`t take it personally. A lot of this has a really different tone to it...gabi
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 3:48pm

Well Gordo, I can't blame you for using my name. If I were you I would want to be someone else as well - someone who isn't a major league loser. And what better person to pretend to be than me. There's so many upsides to being me.

And Gord, I`d never heard of this ONTONODON character until you mentioned him, but you really dropped the ball when you didn`t assume my identity. Like Stu, I`m a pretty righteous cat, and anyone would want to be either of us (!!), or a combination thereof. That ONTONODON, on the other hand, is probably a major-league putz whom no one can stand.
Iceman4757 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman4757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 9:40pm
WOW! Feel the love here.....
Damon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 11:07pm
oops!And I thought General hairtalk was deep..
What are we talkin about here to be all worked up,
a couple of people we see,in TV,movie.yada,yada,yada
They all wake up in the morning with BOZO the clown hair..

Rumors is what Hollywood go round...
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2002 at 7:40am
Originally posted by ONONOTDON ONONOTDON wrote:

Well Gordo, I can't blame you for using my name. If I were you I would want to be someone else as well - someone who isn't a major league loser. And what better person to pretend to be than me. There's so many upsides to being me.

And Gord, I'd never heard of this ONTONODON character until you mentioned him, but you really dropped the ball when you didn't assume my identity. Like Stu, I'm a pretty righteous cat, and anyone would want to be either of us (!!), or a combination thereof. That ONTONODON, on the other hand, is probably a major-league putz whom no one can stand.

So if I have this correctly, Stu and Ontonodon are both upset with the FALSE REPORT that I am also them. See how false reports can affect people? I`m the same way with rumors and innuendo regarding hair. That was my point from Sentence 1. Feel free to scroll up and see. We have spent 15 entries on this forum talking about it. How about letting me get the last word here and get on with factual reporting? That`s all I asked for in the first place.
Stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2002 at 12:37pm
Gordo, Gordo, Gordo, I don`t know why I`m surprised that you don`t get the points, but alas, you did not. Every other person who has committed on my last point understood that I was blantly insulting you, expect for one person - you.
However, I guess that`s to expected from someone who has made so many narrow-minded observations in the past. And as for using the name "Stu" be my guest. Here`s a big news flash for you: I don`t care!

Get a life,
Stu
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2002 at 7:26pm
Be yourself - unless you suck...waggy
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2002 at 9:07pm
Gord, I was not upset with the false report that you yourself promulgated; rather, I was amused by its tone of desperation in your attempt to save face. You know Gord, maybe you wouldn`t get so much static if you didn`t come off so mean-spirited and, as Stu said, narrow minded. At the end of the day, this is just a stupid forum about hair, and celebrity hair at that (celebrities being, I suspect, largely despicable). It should be a mindless diversion, not life or death.

This thread`s been a gas, really, but Gord, take yr parting shot, and let`s let the damn thing die.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic