Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do all celebs wear hair extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do all celebs wear hair extensions?
    Posted: January 10 2002 at 6:30pm
Just wondering. Obviously the ones who started out w/short hair one week and then a week later have back long hair have extension. But sometimes it`s hard to tell w/ who`s hair is actually theirs. Thanks a lot.
cc
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:16am
Hi,

They don`t all wear them but many do. Yes, it is hard to tell for sure unless you can see them in person or the extensions are so horrible they are obvious fakes. Some are more blatant (Naomi Campbell is a big extension wearer). Most celebs pay big and I mean big bucks for their add-on hair. So they get the absolute best hair and have experts applying it. A stylist who works on the fashion runways told me personally that some of the supermodels she has worked on have extensions that cost as much as $25,000 for a full head.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 1:56am
Do they wear them all the time, or just for inportant events because I`ve see lots of celebs who I thought had naturally long hair and have for a while.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 2:07am
I do know that Namoi Campbell changes her extensions like outfits. She will wear them for major fashion shows and keep them in for the period surrounding the show and then have them removed. I am not sure how often they are taken out or if she ever goes without extensions.

Whitney Houston is reported to wear extensions or wigs all the time.

According to a very reliable source Chuck Norris wears extensions to get a fuller head of hair look and he wears them all the time just having them tightened or replaced as appropriate.

Some starts get extensions put in for movie rolls. Cameron Diaz had them for Mask but it made her scalp bleed so now she refuses to wear them and wore a wig in Something About Mary.

Supposedly Cher has extensions a lot to add thickness. Brittany Spears and Christina both have announced that they wear extensions for stage work.

High quality extensions that are braided in w/ tracks take a long time to add and so it is not a simple matter to switch them off and on. A really top notch extension application can take many hours.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 3:38am
That`s very interesting...
I kinda know when some celebs have extension, like naomi and the ones who have the really really long hair like Cher. I think what I wanted to know the most is, do celebs w/medium length hair wear extensions in general not for an awards show or anything business related, like Julia Roberts and Nicole Kidman in gene. I think some do have long hair, because you see candid pictures of them and it`s the same length. Oh I knew Brit and Christina wore them, especially Christina. But overall, I thought a lot of medium lengthed stars hair was real.
cc
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 2:50pm
I think Britney Spears wears extentions to.... it`s obvious because her hair is short sometimes then long others.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Tobey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2002 at 6:21pm
I just read an article that Britney does wear extensions - and it showed a picture of her with and without them. Her natural hair is about shoulder length, if you get the new US magazine, it shows pictures of her with Justin Timberlake in Maui without her extensions. Pam Anderson also wears extensions all the time, her real hair is only about to her shoulders.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Tobey Tobey wrote:

I just read an article that Britney does wear extensions - and it showed a picture of her with and without them. Her natural hair is about shoulder length, if you get the new US magazine, it shows pictures of her with Justin Timberlake in Maui without her extensions. Pam Anderson also wears extensions all the time, her real hair is only about to her shoulders.

Have you seen a pic of Pamula Anderson with her hair at shoulder lenght? If so I would love to get a link.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic