Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Fuentes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spike View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Fuentes
    Posted: January 18 2002 at 1:06pm
Wireimage shows Daisy in a new shoulder length one-length `do.

I always thought she had great (long) hair but this new `do looks very sophisticated. Change is good. I give it a thumbs up.

URL is: http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CLB&str=890&styp=clb&nm=Daisy+Fuentes

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 3:47pm
Hmmm, I`m of two minds about this and they disagree a bit. Let me share both of them.

First, the Objective Mind: Very stylish, long center parted bob. Very much in the vein mined successfully by Jennifer Aniston and Salma Hayek, Daisy found a cut that fits her face shape and will work well, whether she wears it curly or straight or parted in the center or on the side. And the shoulder-grazing length presents both a sexy and sophisticated look. If she was going to make a change, this is a very attractive choice.

Second, the Subjective Mind: Aaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhh! Daisy, what were you thinking?! You had some of the most gorgeous long, thick, naturally wavy hair in Hollywood and you hack it off into this generic, shoulder-length blunt cut thing?! And then make it worse by being yet another center-part, stick straight lemming?! What the hell were you thinking??!! Why, oh why would you do such a thing???!!!

So, I think you can see my quandry...

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 4:01pm
I think if it had a side part it would look awesome.
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 7:11pm
Flea, I agree 100% with your subjective mind. Another lemming with a boring, one-size-fits-all style that isn`t unique, doesn`t compliment her, and doesn`t emphasize her sexy natural waves. I remember once when she hosted that funniest home videos show and it was all done up curly, I nearly fainted it was so sexy. Once again, the network stylists seem to know best...
Spike View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 8:58pm
...but consider,

What has she been doing with her career lately?

Maybe she feels a move to the middle-of-the-road is needed to allow her to compete for the limited amount of work available to a woman of her (possibly limited) talents?

Maybe it`s for a specific project?
Shery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2002 at 6:34am
I agree with most of you I like the new cut on her but she had great long hair. It seems like everyone in Hollywood is getting their haircut to shoulder length. Amy Brenihan(sp), Sarah Jessica Parker and Sarah Michelle Gellar to name a few. I have long hair and I have to say I`m thinking of getting mine cut because-hey, I love jumping on the band wagon.
Once i know who I`m not then I`ll know who i am. ~alanis morissette~
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2002 at 8:37pm
Has anybody read anything about why Daisy cut her gorgeous hair? Was she simply jumping on the bandwagon? That`s kind of weak thinking, in my book. Maybe she wanted an even length, which she hadn`t had for awhile. It sure looks healthy, I`ll give her that.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2002 at 8:42pm
You know for once gord has a good point! Way to go Gord! Anyway, like Gordo was saying why did she cut her hair, she does not strike me as the get on the band wagon type. Her hair looks alot healthier now. maybe all the dye jobs ruined her hair. It looks cute but its just not her, its kinda like when Keri Russell choped her hair, alot of people thought what the Hell did she do and who is that person now. Although it looked damm cute on Keri.
RR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 12:30am
I did not think it is much of a change. It is still the same style just a few inches shorter. I think she would look good in a pixie with real dark hair like the Claire Forlani haircut/wig? from the commercial.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 12:04pm
Daisy in a pixie? Not thinking so... Despite me liking the short hair in general, she would not be a good candidate for it. It is a big change though, in the sense that her hair before seemed at least a little curly and layered... The current cut looks nice, but... like many others, I can only ask "why?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic