Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahsley Olsen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glamazon32 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamazon32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahsley Olsen
    Posted: January 24 2002 at 8:11am
Have you noticed that the Olsen twins have gorgeous hair? It`s really nice, but i can`t seem to find a way to make it look like Ashley`s- loose, wavy hair. The curling iron doesn`t do it, so what does?

Glamazon
HairFreak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 2:41pm
She simply has gorgeous hair! I`m not too sure how to do it, though, but I sure wish I did! Maybe braiding? Braiding gives it a more crimped look, and that`s not really what Ashley Olsen has.
hairfreak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2002 at 7:10pm
I really like what the olsen twins have done with their long, blonde hair-especially Ashley. The loose, yet wild curly look complements and makes her look older-and thats another thing-the two girls sure have grown up from their MKA detective days!!
hairfreak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2002 at 7:11pm
perhaps this is a perm--they can give you results like ashley`s, plus haven`t you noticed that her hair has been like thus for a while? (hint:perm)
PinkPoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2002 at 8:45am
Okay, first you should get a nice hairspray that holds, but isn`t gunky. Then, divide your hair in two sections, and tie one section up so it doesn`t get in the way. On the section that you`re working with, get tiny sections of hair and start at the top, twirling the hair around the barrel of the curling iron. Keep doing this until you get all the way around your head. Watch out! the back is hard to do so you may need someone to help you with that part. Only one question I had was: do you put the hairspray of first, or as the hair is sitting for 10 seconds wrapped around the barrel?
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
VanillaIce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanillaIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2002 at 2:18pm
you can do it that way but another easier way is wash your hair then french plait it then when it`s dry it comes out all wavy !
Thanks for reading !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2002 at 6:31pm
i have serious problems with french braiding my own hair, and none of my friends can do it. i know this is the stupidest question, but are there any tips you have for french braiding your own hair?
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 2:14pm
Try typing in french braiding at a search engine like www.yahoo.com

As for Ashley`s curls--try starting with wet hair spray with spray gel & using KMS Curl Up--It is amazing stuff. I have a natural wave in my hair which ends up looking like Ashley`s hair after I use curl up. I let it dry naturally for 10 minutes or so then blow-dry with difusser upside down until almost dry & I use hair spray to add finishing touches.
Ångel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ångel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 4:01am
My daughter is close to her age and has thick blonde hair but it`s pretty straight. To get Ashley and Mary Kate`s effect I`ll braid my daughter`s hair into about 4-5 big braids, while fairly wet from washing. You can do very wet but my daughter`s is too thick to dry quickly. The next morning when she gets up, I take the braids out and don`t comb it. Just foof a little mousse into it and plump it up with my fingers. I sprinkle on a little water if it doesn`t curl right and that will add humidity which will help in the springy curl look. :) My hair looks like that all the time but unfortunately my girl`s hair hasn`t inherited that curl. Sometimes, though, I`d love to have her straight hair, even for just one day.
"Aim small, miss small." Nathan Martin, The Patriot

"It`s good to be right." John Milton, The Devil`s Advocate
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 7:03am
Ummm..I`m not completely sure but I heard one of them.. if not both of them had extentions. Kinda funny how it got way longer within such a short period of time. Like one of the girls had her hair long and the other had it shorter.. then all the sudden it was long.

I must admit there both gorgeous though! Its neat to think back when I use to watch them on Full House and they were just little!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 6:49pm
I know! mary kate definately had extensions. I don`t really like what they`re doing with their hair now: crimps up to ears, then straight. I liked it a lot better when it was just ashley with curly waves ALL the way down her head- it looked more balanced.
Kate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2002 at 11:00am
I know this is a really old post, but I finally found a link with the hair. If anyone knows how to get their hair like that, please tell me :-) thanks

http://www.mary-kateandashley.com/solittletime/images/faces.jpg
Kate

hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2002 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by PinkPoodle PinkPoodle wrote:

I know this is a really old post, but I finally found a link with the hair. If anyone knows how to get their hair like that, please tell me :-) thanks

http://www.mary-kateandashley.com/solittletime/images/faces.jpg

Those are spiril curls very loose it can be set like that but it really dosen`t stay in if your natural hair is staight, it can be permed like that.Costly.
donnado
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2002 at 4:15pm
i used to want wavy hair SO bad, and i tried everything! But i went to the drugstore and found a 3-barrel waving iron. and it looks so good now!

(im sorry if someone already posted something about this, i dont have time to read all of them)
Tam Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tam Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2002 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by PinkPoodle PinkPoodle wrote:

i have serious problems with french braiding my own hair, and none of my friends can do it. i know this is the stupidest question, but are there any tips you have for french braiding your own hair?

Practice and patience....It took me a long time to be able to do it, and even now I can only do it from the back of my head down....

I have the best success if my hair is still very damp or if it`s day old. And even then it`s a struggle. :)
test View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote test Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2002 at 10:37am
test
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic